Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So for MS/MX cars, is there any way to select which parking space you want it to auto park in? I know on the other cars where the FDS is on the touch screen you can just touch which one you want it to use. But it wasn't obvious if there was a moral equivalent on the S or X
You scroll the right wheel, if you want to switch sides, you scroll up past the last space and it will start over on the opposite side. The video I posted a few pages back shows it, it’s about 16:23 in.

Have subscribed to FSD by the month, and now I get the Free Month Of FSD Email. Will it actually be free?

Yes! I'm looking at the subscription billing receipts in the Tesla App, and I can see that I am billed on the 7th of each month, and I see Jan, Feb, and March in there. The app also says my next billing will be May 7 - so April 7 to May 6 is free. I'm happy with that.

Strongly suspect that those users on 2024.8.x will get V12 for a free month once it becomes available on their hardware or location. The start date will get adjusted. This sort of thing happened to me when I bought the car last August, a 2023 HW4 MYP. I had referrals giving me 3 months of free FSD beta, but it wasn't available for few weeks, until Sept 7. Once it started, I got the whole 3 months of trial.
In reddit there were reports of people on the 3 month free trial having their trial now end a month later.

So it seems everyone (except those who bought FSD for $$$$$) will benefit from this.

• Informative
Reactions: JHCCAZ and Ramphex
A post in one of the Tesla FB groups I read brought up an interesting financial aspect of the timing of the FSDS rollout. To quote from that post, "This will likely allow them to convert a lot of deferred revenue to recognized revenue in their Q1 earnings."
Makes sense? At least it sounds like a plausible explanation for why V12 was foisted upon the masses in not quite ready for Prime Time form... sigh.

Last edited:
I’m sure the goal was to get it out before EOQ, as with the rest of their silly shenanigans

A post in one of the Tesla FB groups I read brought up an interesting financial aspect of the timing of the FSDS rollout. To quote from that post, "This will likely allow them to convert a lot of deferred revenue to recognized revenue in their Q1 earnings."
Makes sense? At least it sounds like a plausible explanation for why V12 was hoisted upon the masses in not quite ready for Prime Time form... sigh.
Agreed

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Why did it stop!!! Nooooo

Attachments

• IMG_3370.jpeg
    IMG_3370.jpeg
    734.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Funny
So ~40 min drive with about 10 on Expressway which is not included into here due to version shenanigans between highway and local stacks.

No major issues. I would say about 50-60% less nags, making the experience more enjoyable. I hope this is here to stay and improve and wasn’t just baked in here to impress the people on one month free trial.

Questionable things:
  • Did not slow down or stop for a closed gate until last second
  • Stopping and creeping up to the line at stop signs, then creeping forward to actually see the intersection. We’ll call this double creeping.
  • Riding yellow center line behind slower vehicles, as if it’s trying to see around them
  • Gets up to speed limit, then slowly creeps up to the preset offset
  • Constant “toll booth detected” messages popping up on the dash (Model S)
  • Doesn’t do well staying in the center of the lane, might be the contributing cause to getting too close to curbs and medians while turning.
  • One time switched lanes with no turn signal in front of another vehicle
  • Did not go around a slow vehicle in the center lane on a 3 lane road without manually pressing a turn signal
  • Lane switch into turning lane hesitation was still there
  • Does not read speed limit signs on new roads, follows some not anywhere posted 35mph speed limit while the road is clearly indicating 55mph

Overall a huge improvement from v10 and v11. Finally something that’s worth testing on the daily. In my personal opinion, not ready for a wide release to those who have no previous FSDj experience or aren’t big tinkerers.

I’ll try auto on my 40 min drive back and see how it lives up to my personal speed expectations.
Is the gate at the end of a road or intersection? I ask because for me, v12.3.2.1 handles my gate differently depending on direction of travel. When coming home, it will wait in the street until the gate is open enough. When leaving it heads towards the gate then then tries to turn. My gate is near to the curb but there is room for one car to approach. On the inside there is a path to the right for the other parking lots/condos. I think FSD is giving up and trying to take the other path even though the gate is almost half way open by the time I get there.

Also, v12.3.3 is installing now, woot!

Is the gate at the end of a road or intersection? I ask because for me, v12.3.2.1 handles my gate differently depending on direction of travel. When coming home, it will wait in the street until the gate is open enough. When leaving it heads towards the gate then then tries to turn. My gate is near to the curb but there is room for one car to approach. On the inside there is a path to the right for the other parking lots/condos. I think FSD is giving up and trying to take the other path even though the gate is almost half way open by the time I get there.

Also, v12.3.3 is installing now, woot!
On the way in from the main road it does fine, on the way out from inside, it speeds right towards it. It’s one of those big black iron fence gates

So for MS/MX cars, is there any way to select which parking space you want it to auto park in? I know on the other cars where the FDS is on the touch screen you can just touch which one you want it to use. But it wasn't obvious if there was a moral equivalent on the S or X
saw some recent video of a S/X driver using scroll wheels to select and confirm the parking spot

Need an input from someone who did a lot more testing on v11.

My highway “v11 stack” overrode my manual speed offset with its own blue number. Is this behavior new? Never seen this before. V12 auto offset is currently turned on.

View attachment 1034298
That sounds like when v11 does the "maintaining speed for traffic flow", except now it doesn't display any messages.

Haha, too much stuff to keep up with here, although now that you mention it, I may have seen yours first... although I didn't intuit the revenue recognition part from your post.
They always pull stunts at EOQ, now it’s just expected

Didn’t they give out free arachnids in 2021 for anyone willing to swap their order from 19 inch wheels to 21 inch wheels to get the most deliveries of Plaids by EOQ?