Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
why does it say in my app v11.1 (2024.3.10) but it’s actually 12.3

Notable events on today's 360 mile drive using 12.3.3. In general better than previous drives, but

--On US 15 in PA/MD most of the time it would set the speed limit to 15 MPH when it passed a US 15 sign, and set it back to the correct speed when it passed a real speed limit sign.

--Also on US 15, at on point it crossed the solid white line onto the shoulder as far as the rumble strip before getting back on the road. Never had that happen before.

The good news is that it didn't make random lane changes on 15. In fact it made a couple of lane changes that made sense. And the auto wipers worked great.
Did you see anything on the road that may make it move to the shoulder to avoid? Did you record video to review?

Reactions: zoomer0056
Anyone think Tesla will integrate Park Assist with FSD so at the end of the drive the car will show parking spots to select from then park the car for you? Not sure how the UI would work though. Or is that going to be reverse summons (i.e. banish)? I do find I am using the Pin placement instead of just an address to try and get me into the parking lot instead of just in front of the building. Park assist does need to be speedier for it to be really functional.
It shows available parking slots on a map regardless it is in FSD or not in FSD as long as speed is less than 8 mph. Not sure I understand your question correctly.

Reactions: AudreyHTX1
It shows available parking slots on a map regardless it is in FSD or not in FSD as long as speed is less than 8 mph. Not sure I understand your question correctly.
I haven't seen it display any parking spots while FSD is active. Maybe FSD was traveling over 8 mph. I'll look again and check the speed. I didn't know about the 8 mph so thank you. Makes use of the pin placement even more important so the drive ends in a parking area if you wish to use the park assist feature.

Last edited:
IMG_1279.jpeg

IMG_1280.jpeg

IMG_1281.jpeg

I’m an existing monthly subscriber but it gave me a free trial anyway. It didn’t do this with 2024.3.6 but gave it to me on 2024.3.10.

On the way in from the main road it does fine, on the way out from inside, it speeds right towards it. It’s one of those big black iron fence gates
Ahh, I see. The gate at my complex is also a black iron fence and gate. Interesting. I have V12.3.3 now. Ill try it with that but im drunk now so it will have to wait. I have several videos of it interacting with my gate but I dont post it since I dont want others to know I live in the ghetto.

I haven't seen it display any parking spots while FSD is active. Maybe FSD was traveling over 8 mph. I'll look again and check the speed. I didn't know about the 8 mph so thank you. Makes use of the pin placement even more important so the drive ends in a parking area if you wish to use the park assist feature.
I chose an unlisted address close to the place I want to park by adding 10, 20, 30,... to the real address.

I only got one drive on FSDB12.3.2.1
On Texas roads it’s hard to figure out which stack it’s using. Little country lanes often have 65mph limits so not sure.
Overall impressions were just OK.
Slow junction turns were much more natural and smooth (hate using that word but it’s accurate here). Nice gradual steering instead of robotic movements.
Downsides are many more ridiculous lane changes, much more like early 11.x versions.
I had several left turns where it signaled right and moved into the wrong lane. Also had a few more new “following route” lane changes on dead straight roads that haven’t changed in years.
Last annoyance was the already reported useless speed control and getting scarily close to curbs and general poor lane discipline.
So still nowhere near intervention free.
Got home and the car grabbed FSDS 12.3.3, so I’ll what that’s like tomorrow.
I did miss TACC though. When FSD keeps failing, TACC is good.

• Informative
Reactions: FSDtester#1
Ahh, I see. The gate at my complex is also a black iron fence and gate. Interesting. I have V12.3.3 now. Ill try it with that but im drunk now so it will have to wait. I have several videos of it interacting with my gate but I dont post it since I dont want others to know I live in the ghetto.
Concord isn’t bad, it’s not like you’re in San Fran or Oakland lol, I remember whipping a convertible moostang GT up Mt Diablo about 6 years ago 😅

• Funny
First drive on 12.3.3 around the block. Coming from 12.3, I stopped using 12.3 on local streets since it required an intervention every few seconds (me giving it gas)

12.3.3 still drives too slow, was going 37 in a 45 with traffic going 50-53, my max speed set at 15%+ so it was at 52. Stop sign behavior was better at 1 intersection (it stopped just once and started going) but the next stop sign, it was doing the same old, stop too far back, wait a few seconds, creep slowly, make another stop, creep slowly dance so I disengaged.

I'll also give it a try on my wife's 2023 car, since I'm starting to sound like Alan who also has an older model 3.

First drive on 12.3.3 around the block. Coming from 12.3, I stopped using 12.3 on local streets since it required an intervention every few seconds (me giving it gas)

12.3.3 still drives too slow, was going 37 in a 45 with traffic going 50-53, my max speed set at 15%+ so it was at 52. Stop sign behavior was better at 1 intersection (it stopped just once and started going) but the next stop sign, it was doing the same old, stop too far back, wait a few seconds, creep slowly, make another stop, creep slowly dance so I disengaged.

I'll also give it a try on my wife's 2023 car, since I'm starting to sound like Alan who also has an older model 3.
Interesting, mine consistently stayed above the speed limit (5 - 10 mph) in limited testing (an hour or so). Not sure if it makes a difference but I have mine set to "aggressive", slow was never an issue.

FSD v12 fails on a short freeway onramp. This is before V12 switches to V11 for freeway. Perhaps not a safety issue, but it fails to stay on the planned route.

I finaly tried this with Auto Speed limit enables so that the display would show Auto until FSD switched from V12 to V11 code. This test found that the error was made by V12.3.2.1 code, before the switch to the older V11 code. V11 used to have the same isssue, so this needs fixing when they get V12 freeway code working.

Navigation has us taking a freeway onramp, merging and continuing to an exit a few miles ahead. However, the onramp becomes an off ramp in 200 ft, which gives only 2.5 seconds at 55 mph to merge into the throuh lane. FSD 12 sometimes fails completely and takes the off-ramp, and sometimes it swerves accross the exit gore to merge late. Rarely it merges smoothly into the through lane, proof that it is possible for FSD to handle.

Even though the merge lane is quite short, human drivers handle it with ease. FSD should as well.

This is in Oakland, CA, the onramp to I580 westbound from Grand Ave. The exit FSD often mistakenly takes is for Estudillo Ave. The photo of the dashcam below shows the car swerving through the heavy white line “gore” which marks the left edge at the beginning of the off-ramp. Speed Auto, Average, Minimal Lane Changes, 2023.44.30.30, V12.3.2.1.

What the car did was “safe”, in that there were no other cars close by. But the manuver was aburpt, uncomfortable, incorrect, and probably illegal. I have tagged this several times with verbal reports.

IMG_8900 (1).jpg

From google maps, with X where it needs to be in the through lane (link):

Screen Shot 2024-04-01 at 10.09.29 AM.png

Have you tried the alternate route feature? May or may not help but I've used it a few times to force a different route. Click on the Navigation route header box. It will list all the turns with any alternate route you can click on. Might help.
Not that I can find when on the route, It's such a small adjustment I don't think it recognizes it as a full on different route unfortunately. This happens about 2 minutes from work so i'm basically almost at my location it doesn't give me other routes that I see once on that point when pressing the area where it pulls them up unfortunately.

The easist way to discern the difference is to have Auto Max Speed enabled. Since V11 does not use Auto Max you can instantly tell which is in use by the set speed indicator.
Definitely easy to discern, however the max settings are still computed according to your driving profile (chill, average, assertive) if you have Automatic Set Speed Offset enabled. So, you will see a different Max Speed value compared. The tell for "V11" is that there is visible value.

[edited to reflect the correct name of the setting]

Last edited: