Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just found this linked from my Tesla app, an Autopilot description.

Thanks to those who pointed to this. It doesn't cover off the speed stuff unfortunately. For that it sends people to their manuals.

Edited to add:

This is what the online Model Y manual says about speed: It also refers to FSD(Beta) not FSD(Supervised).

Changing the Set Speed​

While Full Self-Driving (Beta) is active, roll the right scroll wheel up to increase, or down to decrease, the set speed.

Last edited:
Reactions: zoomer0056
Actually kind of convenient, assuming it gets to speed (because it is v11 it does as long as detected speed is correct - something v12 does not do). We do NOT want v12 on the highways, folks - it would be a huge disaster with respect to speed targets (people are extremely picky about that). Have to fix that problem first.
My Nokia Windows phone navigation app had speed limit settings for under 40 (city) and over 40mph(highway). Best thing ever.

Reactions: MP3Mike
Just test drove 12.3.3 model Y HW4 at Tesla today

It was noticeably smoother with stopping and accelerating than my old 2020 HW3 Y

Part of it may be the improved suspension, but I felt like it was more than that

The fsd 12.3.3 performance was very impressive on that HW4 Y... I can see why Elon wanted customers to experience it

I made a gesture to a hot chick the other day, it didn't work.
Turns out the way I moved my hand was about 3 millimeters too much to the left, instead of more upright. So she took it as "move along ", instead of "Hey, let's talk"
Come to think of it, maybe my hand was moving too fast, or too slow.
Or the speed of the gesture wasn't perfect.. oh well, better luck next time
No, that wasn’t it…

ETA: this is in response to @JulienW

My 2017 upgraded to MCU2/HW3 is also still on FSDb v11. Our 2018 Model 3 has 12.3.3. As far as I've seen in this thread, the old (pre-refresh?) S/X with no interior camera/different HW/USS or some other configuration difference do not have a v12 version available for them yet. This has been acknowledged by Tesla (Ashok) but they're working on it. Part of the 3% in this case.

• Informative
Reactions: JHCCAZ and JB47394
In Arizona, some school zones have a 15 mph limit approaching a crosswalk, but as you pass the crosswalk, there is no sign telling you that you may speed up again. People just take notice of the presence of the sign in the opposite direction and assume that the zone is lifted. FSD 12.3.3 did not know the school zone ended and my wife had to give it the pedal until we got to a normal speed limit sign.

It also completely missed another school zone sign that said 35 mph.

Very hesitant on turns in the neighborhood when nothing is around.

My wife doesn't let me drive her car very often so I'm just an observer.
She is more critical of the system than me. I see potential in it, and she just sees a feature that she isn't ready to hand the wheel over to.
(note: why is it bad to end a sentence with a preposition? I see nothing wrong it it in certain circumstances.)

I paid for FSD years ago. Good money which could have been used to buy TSLA stock and would have made some nice gains. Yet, I believed in the mission only to see people who haven’t paid a dime for FSD, who also drive nuch cheaper cars than ours, get to enjoy FSD supervised way ahead of us. This is frustrating and not good. I feel left behind. Btw I even upgraded to MCU2 in order to have a faster and better experience. Tesla is just flipping the bird at us..
Let’s be honest - you would’ve blown the money on scratch-offs anyway!

• Funny
Reactions: FSDtester#1
Installed FSD supervised v12.3.3 and was hoping it auto park when it got to the shopping center like the videos o seen on TikTok. But it doesn’t. It just gets me to the parking lot and waits for my command haha.

Installed FSD supervised v12.3.3 and was hoping it auto park when it got to the shopping center like the videos o seen on TikTok. But it doesn’t. It just gets me to the parking lot and waits for my command haha.
it works, just tap one of the Ps
1712172984706.png

I'm almost certain NHTSA is going to ban auto speed in its current form as a driver assist. It is aggressive now
I'm not sure whether they were trying to solve a problem, or if they simply saw that the system could do it, were tickled pink about it, and formalized it as a feature. It's the dumbest thing I've seen in a while. Auto speed selection below my chosen speed? Sure. Auto speed selection above my chosen speed? Are you insane?

Just give me back "speed limit plus five mph" as the maximum, then FSD can speed hunt for appropriate speeds due to conditions below that. There is no way I want to trust the maximum speed to some Tesla-selected average driver. Especially when their selection bias is for California drivers.

it works, just tap one of the Ps
If you don't have ultrasonic sensors. If you do, then you're stuck with the old Autopark, which isn't worth the time.

I'm not sure whether they were trying to solve a problem, or if they simply saw that the system could do it, were tickled pink about it, and formalized it as a feature. It's the dumbest thing I've seen in a while. Auto speed selection below my chosen speed? Sure. Auto speed selection above my chosen speed? Are you insane?

Just give me back "speed limit plus five mph" as the maximum, then FSD can speed hunt for appropriate speeds due to conditions below that. There is no way I want to trust the maximum speed to some Tesla-selected average driver. Especially when their selection bias is for California drivers.
You know you can turn the auto-max off, right?

I think of V12 failing like ChatGPT: Confidently and convincingly.

In a couple of scenarios, if I was unfamiliar with my local roads, I would probably not disengage V12 because it does things so smoothly and confidently. But because I'm familiar with how the lanes are supposed to work (despite bad painting), I know it's making a mistake.
This is a fear I definitely have now, that I won't notice in time to disengage and trash my rims, or have Nameless be in some "compromising position" as a vehicle tears around a blind curve coming in my direction. Once a version does something totally surprisingly broken, I'm in no rush to do more testing until the next version. Yes, I've been enabling 12.3.3 still, I just turned ASSO off and set the speed offset to 25% and gonna try working with that for a while.

After our relatively incident-free ride to/from Boston the other night on 12.3, my wife still refuses to enabled FSDS on her M3. Oh well.

Reactions: primedive