Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm almost certain NHTSA is going to ban auto speed in its current form as a driver assist. It is aggressive now

Fully take responsibility for this but almost certainly expecting a speed camera ticket in the mail soonish haha. 45 in a 30 is excessive. Switched to manual control which feels better.
Does manual speed work as the same way as v11.4.9?

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Does manual speed work as the same way as v11.4.9?
It's not as good.

Manual speed is just auto speed except you set the cap. There are occasions where it goes way under what I have it set and I need to goose the throttle some to get it up to speed.

Overall speed control, acceleration, braking, and lane center are seemingly was worse on V12 than V11. Decision making and assertiveness is what's way way better (at least for me)

It's not as good.

Manual speed is just auto speed except you set the cap. There are occasions where it goes way under what I have it set and I need to goose the throttle some to get it up to speed.

Overall speed control, acceleration, braking, and lane center are seemingly was worse on V12 than V11. Decision making and assertiveness is what's way way better (at least for me)
That's what I found when I ran V12.2.1

I'm not sure whether they were trying to solve a problem, or if they simply saw that the system could do it, were tickled pink about it, and formalized it as a feature. It's the dumbest thing I've seen in a while. Auto speed selection below my chosen speed? Sure. Auto speed selection above my chosen speed? Are you insane?

Just give me back "speed limit plus five mph" as the maximum, then FSD can speed hunt for appropriate speeds due to conditions below that. There is no way I want to trust the maximum speed to some Tesla-selected average driver. Especially when their selection bias is for California drivers.

If you don't have ultrasonic sensors. If you do, then you're stuck with the old Autopark, which isn't worth the time.
You in Chill mode? I'm getting the feeling many people are in Assertive hearing all the speeding posts. Chill should be about 5% which is fine for me.

• Helpful
Reactions: JB47394
You in Chill mode? I'm getting the feeling many people are in Assertive hearing all the speeding posts. Chill should be about 5% which is fine for me.
I've tried all three without noticing a difference, but I'll go back to Chill again. I normally drive in Assertive just because I click right to bring up the option for Minimal Lane Changes. Now I'll click left for a while.

Reactions: Dewg and Stan930
Other FSD modes to consider:

-Stalking mode - pick the car from touch screen to follow behind
-Hypermiler mode - easy on the acceleration and only regen brake if possible, keep under 60mph at all times for max wh/mi (especially useful on low battery)
-Race mode - pick the car to race against, make revving sound, enter launch mode automatically, accelerate the moment the other car takes off
-Kidnapper evade mode - get as far away and get out of viewing sight of danger as quickly as possible (also works well w/ evading cops)
-Rollercoaster mode - self explanatory

Anything else I missed?
1984 Toyota Tercel mode. 0-60 in 18 seconds, simulated shift points, runs rough when cold.

(actually, should be under Chill/Standard/Sport settings, along with every old car from the 60's through mid 90's?)

OT, sorry. Had this idea years ago.

ETA: this is in response to @JulienW

My 2017 upgraded to MCU2/HW3 is also still on FSDb v11. Our 2018 Model 3 has 12.3.3. As far as I've seen in this thread, the old (pre-refresh?) S/X with no interior camera/different HW/USS or some other configuration difference do not have a v12 version available for them yet. This has been acknowledged by Tesla (Ashok) but they're working on it. Part of the 3% in this case.
Doesn't help me since I have a 19 Model 3. ;)

I don’t even understand. No idea.

Do understand value of different % offsets for different types of driving though. Would be nice to have.
I know. Nokia. Windows Phone. That is hard.

What it allowed you to do was set two different speed % limits or absolute values that it would alert you if you exceeded. One was for roads where speed limits are under 40mph, and another alert for roads where speed limits are above 40mph.

I coud set 10% for under 40mph, amd it would alert me if I went over 44mph. I coupd also set absolute values like 3mph and it would alert if I went over 43mph.

I could also set 5% for roads above 40mph and if I was in a road with a limit of 70mph, it would alert me if I went over 73.5mph.

Tried 12.3.3 (Supervised) for a couple of days now and honestly can say I am/was blown away, not 100% perfect but almost.
^^^^ This right here, I was blown away as well this morning when I drove to work. Freeway and back roads, the only time I had to disconnect was because I didn't like the route it was taking. 30 minute drive.

Drove around the city and v12.3.3 did very well. 1 disengagement occured as the route indicated a U-Turn. It attempted but was not confident and so I took over the U-Turn and then handed it back. If I was patient enough maybe it might have done the U-Turn in due time?

Also it took me through the school zone during school time which it avoided in v12.3. Bad. On top of that, it did not slow down to 20mph.