Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, I’m on the road and I can’t do a lot of searching…

The most recent update for FSDB knocked out the ability to turn on cruise control as opposed to FSD

How the heck do I fix that?

Every time I try to turn on cruise control it flat out turns on FSDb.

Also, if I kill FSDB will that problem go away? I’m getting really aggravated with the inability to control the car the way I want to.

• Informative
Reactions: primedive
The most recent update for FSDB knocked out the ability to turn on cruise control as opposed to FSD

Also, if I kill FSDB will that problem go away? I’m getting really aggravated with the inability to control the car the way I want to.
Correct, if you select FSD, the only option is single pull to FSD. If you want TACC you will have to select basic AP or Navigate on AP and select the double pull activation option. (Some people are making another driver profile, so they can easily switch between the two.)

OK, I’m on the road and I can’t do a lot of searching…

Select TACC, the left most button in the Autopilot screen. This will disable FSD (Supervised).
1000029015.jpg

I am out of town for the weekend with the family, left the Plaid at home.
Last night at dinner we realized we might need another vehicle during our trip for a short period of time.

1 of my kids said, "Hey Dad, just open your Tesla app and have your car drive down to meet us"...

"Ummm, son, it can't do that".

Response, "You should call Elon and ask him to turn that on for you"...

"Yeah, good idea, let me see if I can dig up his number "
I was in a very similar situation last night. Coming back from travel and surprisingly no uber available at 11pm. I wished I could summon my Tesla to pick me up

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Has there been definitive conclusion why a car that relies solely on vision does not have camera(s) at the front?
I assume that it's the problem of keeping the cameras clear. The current forward cameras are kept clear with the windshield wipers. Something equivalent would be needed for side-facing or forward-facing front bumper cameras. The Cybertruck has a forward-facing front bumper camera with a fluid spray cleaner. It'll help, but it's not the sort of reliability you want for a safety-critical system.

Reactions: enemji and edseloh
I assume that it's the problem of keeping the cameras clear. The current forward cameras are kept clear with the windshield wipers. Something equivalent would be needed for side-facing or forward-facing front bumper cameras. The Cybertruck has a forward-facing front bumper camera with a fluid spray cleaner. It'll help, but it's not the sort of reliability you want for a safety-critical system.
Mercedes used headlamp wipers years ago.. Doesn't feel like its the kind of problem that Tesla guys wouldn't be able to solve if they wanted to.

It's just that it feels like 1/3 of complaints in this forum are about front visibility, and there's only one solution really, and that's to have cameras in the nose of the car. Would make parking easier as well.

It's an interesting problem. The rear facing repeaters seem to stay clean, but they are facing backwards.

Camera.jpg

I wonder whether a well-designed housing could keep side-facing front cameras clean. Once you add a cleaning system, it could get too expensive for Elon to stomach.

On roads like hwy Tx 69 in east texas near tyler, it'll adjust for speed limit signs up to 60 mph, but when it goes to 70 mph, it ignores it.
Guess it says, no way am I doing 70 mph on this road, which is very sensible, but other drivers would be unhappy if I kept my speed to 60 or 65 mph.
I gave up and downgraded to only TACC

So I just left on and tried the signals. Didn't work and would only turn if it came to a junction or a split in the street.
I previously tested manual turn signals and estimated 60% success at stop signs and 10% at other intersections. I've even gotten 12.3.3 to turn into parking lots and driveways too with a manual turn signal although it tends to be a bit more jerky than other turns with it deciding between staying straight or turning.

Today after tricking it to turn into a small parking lot, I was able to get it to Vision Autopark selecting the very last corner spot that people would usually pull forwards into and would require at least a 4-point turn to reverse in (basically flip around to reverse in). It definitely struggled with 10 forward/reverse movements before pausing/needing confirmation to resume a couple times then eventually aborting.

Mercedes used headlamp wipers years ago.. Doesn't feel like its the kind of problem that Tesla guys wouldn't be able to solve if they wanted to.
Mercedes also dumped those wipers because of their impracticality. Front-facing optics are cleaned with sprays now, including the Cybertruck's front bumper camera. I've only seen one demonstration of it, and I was not impressed. I'd say that the Tesla engineers realized that having exposed cameras in the autonomy system was going to be a pain in the backside when trying to maintain the system's overall reliability. A camera that doesn't get dirty in the first place is an obvious win.

It's an interesting problem. The rear facing repeaters seem to stay clean, but they are facing backwards.

View attachment 1036710

I wonder whether a well-designed housing could keep side-facing front cameras clean. Once you add a cleaning system, it could get too expensive for Elon to stomach.
It would not cost much if they put the glass cover on the carmeras like the B pillar cameras.
This will also help car washing.

Auto speed works great for me. I’ve only had to override it maybe a couple of times thus far, and it is generally spot on with how fast I would go.

I am irritated that the car decides so late to change lanes in preparation for a turn. It has done the lane changes well, but I’m just waiting for a case where the traffic is heavy and it can’t find a gap, where there was one half a mile earlier. They need to fix it to start looking for an opportunity much sooner.
Agree on ASSO. Here in SoCal clogged highways on which clogged merge lanes are the norm. Proper lane changes without cutting people off to go to the correct highway may take 3 or more miles ahead of the merge. Fortunately here many drivers expect you to cut them off if you are within 1 mile or less. FSDS may be two lanes or more over from where it needs to be for proper lane selection. I must say 12.3.3 has made improvements by at least moving closer to the correct merge lane by at least one lane. If everything is clogged up the car puts on its blinker and jerks the wheel toward the lane it should go (even if blind spot is red) to scare the vehicle it's trying to cut in front of which usually does make some space because they are scared. My wife hates that. I can't say I love it either. Many times I drive in chill on CA hwys and manualy put on the blinker miles ahead to avoid this.

Elon is just f'en with me. After nearly 2 hours on WiFi went down to move my car back to its parking spot. Came back up and ate breakfast. Then get a notification that 24.3.10 is available. Now I'm hotspot using my iPhone and will have to delay my run a little. Why all the hassle Tesla? 🤣

View attachment 1036112
You need to voice your opinion that SAE automation levels don’t apply to Tesla …. Maybe that would help 🤣

Mercedes also dumped those wipers because of their impracticality. Front-facing optics are cleaned with sprays now, including the Cybertruck's front bumper camera. I've only seen one demonstration of it, and I was not impressed. I'd say that the Tesla engineers realized that having exposed cameras in the autonomy system was going to be a pain in the backside when trying to maintain the system's overall reliability. A camera that doesn't get dirty in the first place is an obvious win.
Likely, plus front cameras wouldn't stop the need to creep so the driver could supervise. Maybe they figured there wasn't much to gain until robotaxi when supervision isn't needed.

Reactions: JB47394
On roads like hwy Tx 69 in east texas near tyler, it'll adjust for speed limit signs up to 60 mph, but when it goes to 70 mph, it ignores it.
Guess it says, no way am I doing 70 mph on this road, which is very sensible, but other drivers would be unhappy if I kept my speed to 60 or 65 mph.
I gave up and downgraded to only TACC
Switch back to TACC instead of simply rolling up the speed? How curious.

You need a blinking eyelid with teardrops
Cover the camera with 2 layers of glasses. The inner layer of glass does not need cleaning. 2 pieces of glass are needed for the outer layer but only one piece is used at a time except during the time to clean. To clean the outer layer piece, cover the outer layer with both pieces (1 piece is clean, 1 piece is potentially dirty) then move the dirty piece to the side to clean. The cleaning device consists of water and a heater and is housed inside a cover.