Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm definitely regretting not waiting 4 years for these fire sale prices. Finally the $2k price came back (the one that I missed the first time)! Could have saved myself $1k and not had to deal with posting profusely about the various problems with FSD. Would have saved everyone else a bunch of time too.
You mean you are not having fun, supervising, driving, posting, complaining, etc ?

I'm definitely regretting not waiting 4 years for these fire sale prices. Finally the $2k price came back (the one that I missed the first time)! Could have saved myself $1k and not had to deal with posting profusely about the various problems with FSD. Would have saved everyone else a bunch of time too.
Where is the fun in that ?!

I'm gonna edit this one as I can't tell if the audio is early...

Here's an interesting test although the video is terribly overexposed. The results seem impressive but I can't tell if something is awry.

Is the audio track early to the mannequin's initial presence, when the vehicle initially responds, and the UI alert. Her grunting sounds as if from heavy decel yet the displayed mph didn't change until later? Or is the grunting from the shock of a mannequin pulling out in front?

Unfortunately it's a washed-out poor resolution video to draw much conclusion from.

Last edited:
Here's an interesting test although the video is terribly overexposed. The results seem impressive but something seems awry.

The audio track is almost 2 seconds early to the mannequin's initial presence, when the vehicle initially responds, and the UI alert. You can even hear her grunting from heavy decel yet the displayed mph didn't change until later.

Unfortunately it's a washed-out video to draw much conclusion from but it sure looks like BS.

Not sure what to make of this .. the alarm seems to go off before the dummy appears .. but perhaps that's the camera angle. If it is faked I'm not sure how they did it cause its hard to fake the various warnings and dash icons etc.

• Informative
Reactions: kabin
Not sure what to make of this .. the alarm seems to go off before the dummy appears .. but perhaps that's the camera angle. If it is faked I'm not sure how they did it cause its hard to fake the various warnings and dash icons etc.

Sometimes she does live X videos resulting in terrible video resolution. It would be nice to see it redone in a more normal camera resolution.

I have and early 2018 with Enhanced Autopilot, not FSD. I have not gotten the free month trial at V11.1 (2024.8.9). Can I really upgrade to FSD for $2000 now as the app says or will I need to come in for a computer and camera upgrade that I hear could be $1500 more? With no people to talk to it is hard for me to know and I am a good 100 miles from the nearest service center. Thank you

I have and early 2018 with Enhanced Autopilot, not FSD. I have not gotten the free month trial at V11.1 (2024.8.9). Can I really upgrade to FSD for $2000 now as the app says or will I need to come in for a computer and camera upgrade that I hear could be $1500 more? With no people to talk to it is hard for me to know and I am a good 100 miles from the nearest service center. Thank you
I’d buy the $2k option and then complain so they give you the hardware upgrade for free. Act old and demented.

My money…… MY MONEY……..Ahhhgggg…..

I have and early 2018 with Enhanced Autopilot, not FSD. I have not gotten the free month trial at V11.1 (2024.8.9).
V11.1 is the UI version, not FSD. 2024.8 branch does not have V12 yet, so you are stuck not getting the trial if you are on that branch. You would have to wait.
The latest version is on 2024.3.20.
2024.3.20 Official Tesla Release Notes - Software Updates
Can I really upgrade to FSD for $2000 now as the app says or will I need to come in for a computer and camera upgrade that I hear could be $1500 more? With no people to talk to it is hard for me to know and I am a good 100 miles from the nearest service center. Thank you
If you need a hardware upgrade, it will tell you in the app when you subscribe. If you buy FSD outright from EAP, any hardware upgrade will be free for you however. It only costs you money if you are just subscribing and not paying in full.

Not much fun but would be a lot less wasted time. I’d be on fewer ignore lists too.

FSD has now been banned in all of Southern California. Rural interstates was all I could negotiate.

I do have to admit the performance elsewhere no matter the conditions was unacceptable.
Have you tried Waymo … does it meet your expectations? How about Uber/Lyft drivers ?

Have you tried Waymo … does it meet your expectations? How about Uber/Lyft drivers ?
It’s not about my expectations unfortunately.

The meld of man and machine seems to work extremely poorly, and the machine itself was surprisingly poor in free flowing and stop and go traffic on I-5. So jerky and non-anticipatory.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ramphex
It’s not about my expectations unfortunately.

The meld of man and machine seems to work extremely poorly, and the machine itself was surprisingly poor in free flowing and stop and go traffic on I-5. So jerky and non-anticipatory.
The question still stands. I find a lot of Uber / Lyft drivers jerky and non-anticipatory too !