Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There IS absolutely NO such thing as an UNsupervised L2 system.
That is what he is saying. "Supervised FSD" is a Level 2 system, and always will be. The prediction is that they will add a Level 4 Robotaxi/"Unsupervised FSD" option in the future, and that it will cost more. (Though original FSD buyers did essentially buy that.)

...... The prediction is that they will add a Level 4 Robotaxi/"Unsupervised FSD" option in the future, and that it will cost more. (Though original FSD buyers did essentially buy that.)
And I predict I will win the lotto. 🤣 Are cars are great and developing an excellent L2 (and I'm happy) but L4 is not likely in the realm of possibility with the hardware limitations. I bet on 8/8 (if Tesla covers it) we will find the Robotaxi will have HW5, MORE camera coverage (4 cross traffic and front bumper at least) at higher resolution/bit depth. Also wouldn't be surprised if they also include LiDAR and/or HD Radar. Serious Robotaxies require serious hardware.

Last edited:
That is what he is saying. "Supervised FSD" is a Level 2 system, and always will be. The prediction is that they will add a Level 4 Robotaxi/"Unsupervised FSD" option in the future, and that it will cost more. (Though original FSD buyers did essentially buy that.)
Yea this means people that paid 15k for FSD will essentially be downgraded lol

Reactions: edseloh and kabin
I gave up on Autopark yesterday. It took so long and had so many back-and-forth corrections that I wanted to get out and announce to any onlookers that I wasn't driving.
I'm not afraid of what others think.

Screenshot 2024-05-08 at 2.57.49 PM.png

And I predict I will win the lotto. 🤣 Are cars are great and developing an excellent L2 (and I'm happy) but L4 is not likely in the realm of possibility with the hardware limitations. I bet on 8/8 (if Tesla covers it) we will find the Robotaxi will have HW5, MORE camera coverage (4 cross traffic and front bumper at least) at higher resolution/bit depth. Also wouldn't be surprised if they also include LiDAR and/or HD Radar. Serious Robotaxies require serious hardware.

Finally retraining for comfort, braking, and throttle is music to my ears and frankly the family's vestibular system. And why not have a supervisory control/profile for it? Common sense says one size is tough to fit all.

Given how long these models seem to take to train, I wouldn't be surprised if 12.3 was the last model that was still trained prior to Tesla's massive compute acquisition. If they're really no longer compute-constrained, they could even train one new model per chill/average/assertive mode.

1) Too late to signal ahead of turns, lane changes.

2) Too many unnecessary lane changes, even with the Minimal Lane Change setting taken for the trip. Sometimes I just want to stay in the lane moving at speed limit and flow with the traffic. FSD just wants to make lane changes unrelated to route following etc. When it signals I signal the other way and often the car has started moving in the direction FSD wanted to change to and then it swerves back to my lane which creates passenger discomfort as well as confusion for the cars behind.

3) not a freeway issue
4) not a freeway issue

5) Creeps too close to the car ahead on freeway sometimes. EAP/Autopilot has the 1 to 7 setting on how close we like to follow car ahead. FSD settings are on most conservative/Chill side and it gets closer than what EAP would do on proximity setting = 7.

What improvements are you looking forward to? Mine behaves fine on the freeway.

I went back to my post from a while back (v12.3.3 at that time) to answer this question. I'm hoping the new AI stack will address some or all of these problems on the freeway.

I gave up on Autopark yesterday. It took so long and had so many back-and-forth corrections that I wanted to get out and announce to any onlookers that I wasn't driving.
On my wife's newer 2023 Model 3 without USS, the autopark worked fine, actually usable. On my 2018 Model 3 with USS, the autopark has been absolutely terrible like you said.

I'd set up the car perfectly so that all it has to do is back in at the angle I left it at, then the steering wheel turns the wrong way, goes in at a different angle then has to start going back and forward multiple times. :mad: