Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
[BIG]If 12.4 starts rolling to employees next week and we se it show up on TeslaFi AND all goes swimmingly then 12.4.1 in a week or 2 to some influencers to test. In a perfect world (lotto chance) then we could see 12.4.2 start rolling to a few of us by the 1st week in Jun and many if not most by mid Jun. Still would be nice to get at least a placebo 12.3.7 to tide us over.🤣

Also how likely will it still suck eggs and be 24.3.x????:mad:

Just hope Elon's "next week" is a LOT shorter than "by the end of this week" since the is already past 6 weeks and no end in sight. 🤔 😭

Probably the more important update to FSD to date. Even bigger than initial release of V12. It has the potential to prove if Tesla has “Solved” FSD with the new framework built on AI.

In theory this should be a multi-step forward improvement. It won’t be perfect, and I’m not trying to hype this, but it does have the potential to validate Tesla’s strategy.

For sure. The time has long past for dramatic improvements but I'm not holding my breath. Lots of potentially bad news related to NHTSA, DOJ, SEC that some expected years ago.

CNBC's China correspondent says China did not approve an FSD rollout. Baidu denies any connection to FSD in China. Instead last week's news is rumored to be a Chinese geofenced Tesla robotaxis. And yesterday's news of Tesla's $2M lidar purchase could be related to the robotaxis design if not more. If this all turns out to be true it will be interesting to see how Tesla walks back claims of HW3 and HW4 being a software update away from being capable.

[BIG]If 12.4 starts rolling to employees next week and we se it show up on TeslaFi AND all goes swimmingly then 12.4.1 in a week or 2 to some influencers to test. In a perfect world (lotto chance) then we could see 12.4.2 start rolling to a few of us by the 1st week in Jun and many if not most by mid Jun. Still would be nice to get at least a placebo 12.3.7 to tide us over.🤣

Also how likely will it still suck eggs and be 24.3.x????:mad:

Just hope Elon's "next week" is a LOT shorter than "by the end of this week" since the is already past 6 weeks and no end in sight. 🤔 😭
Since last December to today we have about 20 software updates. (4 weeks x 5 months) / 20 updates = 1 week. So Elon's words are correct.

• Funny
Reactions: enemji and KArnold
Since last December to today we have about 20 software updates. (4 weeks x 5 months) / 20 updates = 1 week. So Elon's words are correct.
What method of counting are you using? We have had 8 (counting 12.3.6) since the first of the year and 3 of those were limited and most didn't get. So really more like 5.

Screenshot 2024-05-08 at 1.11.33 PM.png

Actually that is a tiny off the top of your head list that could be MASSIVELY expanded upon. ;)

Final touches my a$$. There are tons to be done. 😲
He said final touches on 12.4 not final touches of 12.3 or 12.5 or anything after that. He just said final touches on 12.4.

I swear reading comprehension is needed before you go off on a tangent.

1715189024862.png

He said final touches on 12.4 not final touches of 12.3 or 12.5 or anything after that. He just said final touches on 12.4.

I swear reading comprehension is needed before you go off on a tangent.

View attachment 1045387
I'm hoping that means that my insurance score will go up, such that my insurance rates will go down once I get v12.4. :) (It is weird in that if it is following someone it tends to accelerate OK but brake too hard, imitating the lead car?, but if it leads it accelerates too quickly, but generally brakes OK.) Part of solving this may be leaving a little more buffer/space from the lead car so that FSD can brake slower without risk of a collision.

But I'm afraid that if it brakes even more gradually for him, that it will make Alan even more upset. 🤣

Hopefully they've programmed Buses, School Zones, Minimum speed limit signs, and non-edge cases that FSD currently doesn't handle.
My town has school zone signs with blinking lights during school time. (20mph)
FSD slows down now which is great but returns to normal speed (30mph) too soon. FSD correctly ignores the sign when it's not flashing.
Progress since it behaves this way consistently and at more than 1 school zone in town.

1715189193229.png

Reactions: HitchHiker71