Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
THEN the BIG difference happened in AUTOPARK and others need to check this. Before Autopark ALWAYS took about 2 seconds to switch between R-D. Now it is doing it instantly. I even pulled out and parked in a couple of different spots to try.
I last used Autopark on Friday, and it was still very slow to shift between Drive and Reverse. (Quicker shifting in Autopark is one of the changes people have reported for FSD V12.4.1...)

I last used Autopark on Friday, and it was still very slow to shift between Drive and Reverse. (Quicker shifting in Autopark is one of the changes people have reported for FSD V12.4.1...)
Yeah so did I and it was sloooooow as hell. But is was different today and more than once. I parked in 3 different spots to test and each one was so much faster and switched near instantly than it was doing just yesterday (Sunday). Maybe anecdotal..... but please try it today.

Yeah so did I and it was sloooooow as hell. But is was different today and more than once. I parked in 3 different spots to test and each one was so much faster and switched near instantly than it was doing just yesterday (Sunday). Maybe anecdotal..... but please try it today.
Tested and you are right.

v11.1 2024.3.25 / v12.3.6

I had another fail/disengagement on my way home this morning. I was approaching a stoplight to make a right turn. An ambulance was approaching from the opposite direction, turning left in front of me. The stoplight was red and FSD just stopped, then started to proceeded like a normal right turn on red, completely completely ignoring the ambulance.

The 6 lane changes seemed to be pretty confident in wanting to make the lane change as opposed to 12.3.x behavior of starting a lane change and second guessing if it should complete. This 12.4.x behavior would be consistent with additional training to make it more decisive in completing maneuvers, but in this case it seems to be confused by conflicting map data with numerous turn-only lanes both left and right that it was probably "seeing" both visually and from map data. The final lane change was necessary to get out of a right-turn-only lane, and potentially the closeness of these intersections resulted in mixed signals.

Presumably this comes from focused training on 12.3.x examples of where people had to correct the lane selection, and with enough examples, it's learning to rely more on input signals of upcoming mapped turn lane data. There probably is not as much explicit training on "don't make lane change" / "just stay straight" examples as that's the common case anyway, so this could result in the unnecessary lane changes that now needs additional training to figure out when lane changes aren't actually required. Unclear if this will require more examples from a wider deployment of 12.4.x to get this data as active usage of FSD should help find its current mistakes to fix in the next version.
Maybe its just showing off? Now that its not doing the lane change two step, its become self aware that confident lane changes are fun.

Speaking of "good old days", anyone else miss the complaining about phantom braking?

Sorry, I have dark side lol
I just completed a 3800 mile trip with zero PB events thankfully - multiple 2-3 mph "slowdowns" (which are still unwelcome when there's no hint as to why) but none of the old PB's. Definitely an improvement from last year's trips.
I'm free to recount my experiences in detail for a page or 4 if it will keep us of the "Mug shot" discussion.... ;)

Here are a couple of SUPER FINE video level productions. Should win a Peabody award. Damn you guys are going to think I'm WholeMars. Hope my sugar daddy Elon sees this and pats me on the head and says "good boy".

Both are hard setup and probably should have done an easy one for better proof.

This is parking in my space. I purposely stopped before ideal and at a way that makes it hard since there is an elevator lobby with pillars and bike rack across and my space has 2 pillars obscuring it. It does have to think a second lease of all the complexity. I know how to pull up so it can just back in but made it hard.

This is a random space and selected one ahead and I pulled at an angle making harder since there is a concrete stair well, plus a pillar in the space.

Last edited:
I don't miss them but Alan probably does. He needs his daily fill of stuff to complain about. You just gave him a good idea!
I never complained much about phantom braking - never thought it was much of an issue. It is regular braking and anticipation of stopped traffic hundreds of feet ahead that still needs tremendous work.
I don’t complain much about anything. It is what it is. Just making observations for the most part.

Last edited:
I never complained much about phantom braking - never thought it was much of an issue. It is regular braking and anticipation of stopped traffic hundreds of feet ahead that still needs tremendous work.
Nice to hear something you are happy with something regarding FSD... I will bookmark this to read again on days I am feeling down, just to cheer myself up.

I'm free to recount my experiences in detail for a page or 4 if it will keep us of the "Mug shot" discussion.... ;)
That discussion is over. Alan and I discussed it yesterday. It doesn't belong in this thread, except for cheat devices, which we both think
are not good for the program. Yes, you heard me right, Alan and I agreed on something. So anything is possible.

Now that we're on yet another and new FSD 12.4.x delay, curious to see what happens with us 2024.3.25 folks. There's no reason to hold us back any longer on the spring update since the latest FSD is on the 2024.15.x branch, yet as of this morning we still sit at 2024.3.5 with zero updates.

On one hand I take it as a good sign we're not being moved up to 2024.14.9. meaning they expect to have the next revision of FSD out very shortly for testing so a few days longer isn't a big deal. If we do start seeing 2024.3.25 upgrade to 2024.14.9, that would be a bad sign in that we will likely be waiting weeks more for an FSD update that will get into the hands of us common folk so they're at least getting us on the spring update in the interim. That said, there is some nice stuff in the spring update I wouldn't mind playing with while we continue to wait.

Based on the influencer videos over the weekend all pretty much being unanimous that 12.4.1 wasn't ready, a bit of a head scratcher why they even released it in the first place. You'd expect those issues must have turned up during internal/employee testing.

It is what it is I guess.

I would bet that Elon wanted to get the update out in advance of the Tesla shareholder meeting this week. Kinda backfired, though.

Reactions: Dennisis
2024.3.25/12.3.6 is only 3 percent of 2024.14.9/12.3.6. That small percentage could be for release testing purposes. If Tesla update all cars with 3.25/12.3.6 to 2024.14.9 then there is no guarantee that the update is successful. And if the update is not very good then they have to release 2024.14.10 again and again. The main goal of 2024.14.x is to let who didn't have fsd 12.3.6 to have it. These people have been crying.

One thing to note is that while only 3% of 14.9 came from 3.25, 15% of 14.8 came from 3.25 and then went on to 14.9. Also a few % went to 14.6 and 14.7.

It is strange how many people are still on 3.25. Maybe there are that many FSD users out there?? 14.9 seems to be a stable version but maybe Tesla isn't fully happy with its stability and that is why they are now moving non-FSD people on from 14.9 to 20.1 (big surge in 20.1 today)

Reactions: FSDtester#1
One thing to note is that while only 3% of 14.9 came from 3.25, 15% of 14.8 came from 3.25 and then went on to 14.9. Also a few % went to 14.6 and 14.7.

It is strange how many people are still on 3.25. Maybe there are that many FSD users out there?? 14.9 seems to be a stable version but maybe Tesla isn't fully happy with its stability and that is why they are now moving non-FSD people on from 14.9 to 20.1 (big surge in 20.1 today)
A bunch of people on X corrected me, they all said the same thing regarding FSD. I didn't get any proof, but received like 50 responses to one of my posts about FSD versions vs. Non FSD versions. They all said that every release in the last month or so from Tesla globally has the code for FSD in it.
It can be locked for not subscribing or buying or because of your geolocation. Some of the profiles I checked stating this seem pretty legit.
So basically, all versions being released are currently FSD. Don't know how they all knew that, but that is what they were all firm on.

If they really did halt the rollout in favor of a new version, and based on the feedback from those who tested it that showed regressions, I can’t help but wonder what this version can do that makes Elon call it “arguably version 13” because no one that has it seems to have anything to show that would suggest that.
Elon even agreed that 12.4 isn't ready to replace 11.3.6. So I'm not sure what the "arguably version 13" means other than hype.

Reactions: LSDTester#1