Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Which is why once you enter your destination, FSD should display the destination and let you move the pin to where you want the car to park. For example what entrance at Lowes/Home Depot or your driveway instead of the street.

This functionality will need to be included in the Robotaxi moble app so hoping that feature get's pushed to regular FSD owners.
I don't have high hope in auto park. Here is why:
1. I set the pin at work place but the car doesn't always move straight to that pin after enter the parking lot. It moves to the right when seeing a path to the side parking lot. A lot of times it's indecisive.

2. When I park manually or use auto park to park on a inclined driveway (nothing abnormal) I see message "Park assist is degraded". I brought the car to service but they could not fix it. They said I need to wait for new software.

3. Now bannish feature: Can FSD take my credit card, press the gate button for a ticket, go through a narrow spiral path of a 8 story parking structure to park my car, and pay the parking fee when getting out of the garage? And sometimes the parking attendant just asks cash only.

I am not complaining and I don't really need auto park features. Getting me to the destination is already a great achievement.

Last edited:
I don't have high hope in auto park. Here is why:
1. I set the pin at work place but the car doesn't always move straight to that pin after enter the parking lot. It moves to the right when seeing a path to the side parking lot. A lot of times it's indecisive.

2. When I park manually or use auto park to park on a inclined driveway (nothing abnormal) I see message "Park assist is degraded". I brought the car to service but they could not fix it. They said I need to wait for new software.

3. Now bannish feature: Can FSD take my credit card, press the gate button for a ticket, go through a narrow spiral path of a 8 story parking structure to park my car, and pay the parking fee when getting out of the garage? And sometimes the parking attendant just asks cash only.

I am not complaining and I don't really need auto park features. Getting me to the destination is already a great achievement.
Don't need FSD to auto park just get me close to the destination. Now FSD will often take the wrong entrance or go to the wrong parking lot. This would at least be a step in the right direction compared to what happens now.

Reactions: rlsd
I wonder what the NHSTA staff thinks about his? After getting lots of complaints from owners requiring them to initiate their complaint process only to then have Tesla solve PB with OTA updates. So now whatever NHSTA had to do to initiate a complaint is now pretty much mute. Probably drives staff a bit crazy knowing the problem would eventually get resolved but they still had to spend a lot of time working on it.
I had the opposite problem driving all the way up through AL this weekend. FSD almost rear-ended 2 people, almost got me t-boned on a highway, and ran a stop sign. I disengaged them all at the last comfortable moment. Haven't had this happen before

The 6 lane changes seemed to be pretty confident in wanting to make the lane change as opposed to 12.3.x behavior of starting a lane change and second guessing if it should complete. This 12.4.x behavior would be consistent with additional training to make it more decisive in completing maneuvers, but in this case it seems to be confused by conflicting map data with numerous turn-only lanes both left and right that it was probably "seeing" both visually and from map data. The final lane change was necessary to get out of a right-turn-only lane, and potentially the closeness of these intersections resulted in mixed signals.

Presumably this comes from focused training on 12.3.x examples of where people had to correct the lane selection, and with enough examples, it's learning to rely more on input signals of upcoming mapped turn lane data. There probably is not as much explicit training on "don't make lane change" / "just stay straight" examples as that's the common case anyway, so this could result in the unnecessary lane changes that now needs additional training to figure out when lane changes aren't actually required. Unclear if this will require more examples from a wider deployment of 12.4.x to get this data as active usage of FSD should help find its current mistakes to fix in the next version.

My comment is based on some extreme wobbling I saw in one of Omar's earlier 4.1 videos. I'm not patient enough to find it right now, but it's the classic wobble between two lanes :)

I'm confused, I thought the pigeon CEO said that 12.4 had so much new stuff that it should be called V13.
But now it needs a series of point releases to get better - and the first point release isn't really ready.
Anyone would think he's just making this up as he goes 🤣
If the very first FSD release had had just 10% reliability, and then each successive version showed as much improvement as Elon claimed it did at the time, we'd be at [checks calculator] 99.999999999999999999999% reliability by now.

If the very first FSD release had had just 10% reliability, and then each successive version showed as much improvement as Elon claimed it did at the time, we'd be at [checks calculator] 99.999999999999999999999% reliability by now.
Normally 12.4.xx can have 99 point releases, 12.4.xxx can have 999 point releases - arguably. Check my counting.
Version 12.4.99 or 12.4.999 could be 10 times or 100 times better than version 12.6.

I had the opposite problem driving all the way up through AL this weekend. FSD almost rear-ended 2 people, almost got me t-boned on a highway, and ran a stop sign. I disengaged them all at the last comfortable moment. Haven't had this happen before
Florida Man GatorMeat driving through Alabama. What possibly could go wrong? 🫣 🤣

Don't worry, I won't. I already have a massive X following of like 16 people using the same name I use here. So I am not going to waste all that effort I put on X to be an influencer, which apparently I am now when you get those kinds of numbers. I bet if I really start shilling, I can get to 20 followers by August.

Edit: 17 Followers now, Thanks Alan
I would'a bee followed you but'cept I failed them there My Space entrance exam.

Last edited:
Florida Man GatorMeat driving through Alabama. What possibly could go wrong? 🫣 🤣
I’m highly suspect with that post. Let alone his extreme claims, he’s not from Gainesville. Those morons slogan is, “If you’re not a gator, then you’re gator meat”. He’s not a Nole or he definitely wouldn’t call himself gator meat. Can’t be Roll Tide as the same slogan applies. He’s either a highly conflicted Jeffery Dahmer type or a hyper sensitive yankee transplant Alan type.

dont forget we moved through the early releases of 12 until we got to 12.3.6
moving quickly to a deeper version of 12.4 is expected, I'm good with waiting
my 12.3.6 has the very rare but repeatable, misaligned intersection crossing edge case, otherwise no disengagements driving all day
once we have 12.4.X, think we will all know if its an advancement, I have no doubts

I would be interested to see how the software development works at Tesla. Of course we’ll never know anything because it’s all top secret when it comes to customers finding out about why, how, or when anything happens at Tesla.

24.15.5 is dead, DEAD, DEAD. Look for 24.15.6/12.4.2 today or in the next couple of days.
Gone, gone gone ... 'cause you done me wrong: