Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please report back. Regarding EAP. Hard to say it has not been "released". It is pretty clear that it will be released over time which has been true. I would agree that none of the FSD "only" features has been released. But of course EAP is a foundation for FSD.

Umm, what feature of “E”AP have we seen? Am I missing a firmware update? Near as I can tell we are using 2 cameras and have AP and TACC

Umm, what feature of “E”AP have we seen? Am I missing a firmware update? Near as I can tell we are using 2 cameras and have AP and TACC

Autopilot

Enhanced Autopilot adds these new capabilities to the Tesla Autopilot driving experience. Your Tesla will match speed to traffic conditions, keep within a lane, automatically change lanes without requiring driver input, transition from one freeway to another, exit the freeway when your destination is near, self-park when near a parking spot and be summoned to and from your garage.

Tesla’s Enhanced Autopilot software has begun rolling out and features will continue to be introduced as validation is completed, subject to regulatory approval.

I gave you one example. There are dozens more. I think many of us have documented numerous examples demonstrating that this has been going on for a very long time. But you keep driving your AP1 car and telling the rest of us that we're making all this sh*t up. Or better yet, STFU when you don't have any factual basis for your comments regarding AP2 vehicles.

I gave you one example. There are dozens more. I think many of us have documented numerous examples demonstrating that this has been going on for a very long time. But you keep driving your AP1 car and telling the rest of us that we're making all this sh*t up. Or better yet, STFU when you don't have any factual basis for your comments regarding AP2 vehicles.
FYI... I am driving AP2.5 (took delivery on 9/28/17). I am on FW 2017.44 (started with .38) and have never seen what you are experiencing. But I only have 1500 miles of experience. The only thing that came close was "once" I turned on the left blinker to do a auto lane change which got 1/2 way thru and then aborted back to my original lane. Of course I took control immediately because it felt very strange. The only thing I can account for this was two lanes over there was a car approaching rapidly that I did not see until after it was all over.

Now I will choose to believe you are having some very strange things happening to your car. And that others are having a similar issue. But I think you should do the same for others of us that do not have this problem. And there are many many videos that show autopilot working fine on well marked highways you are describing and without this problem. If it were wide spread I think you would see much more of this in the videos.

So, if I were you I would certainly put on a Black Vue type dash cam ASAP and get some proof to take to Tesla Service and get this resolved. You spent too much money to allow this to be normal.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
We have about 10,000 trouble-free miles using AP2. But we have the lane darting scenario at least once every few weeks. So... in the scheme of things, the car is 99% reliable. It's just the other 1% that will kill you if you're not ALWAYS ATTENTIVE. All of these incidents get logged because AP2 turns itself off AFTER crossing into the other lane. The fact that it never has been corrected leads me to believe that video proof would do little to move things forward.

We'll I can say for me I'm scared crapless of the EAP "auto" lane change feature that's coming in three months maybe six months definitely. Due to the fact on some major highways when either in the far left or far right lane, AP will often show a lane change available over the solid white or yellow line depending on the side of the highway. So, with 100% reliability with knowing there is no lane to the left or the right, I sure as heck don't want the car to just go for it before it think it's a lane, even if it is wide enough for a car to fit in.

We have about 10,000 trouble-free miles using AP2. But we have the lane darting scenario at least once every few weeks. So... in the scheme of things, the car is 99% reliable. It's just the other 1% that will kill you if you're not ALWAYS ATTENTIVE. All of these incidents get logged because AP2 turns itself off AFTER crossing into the other lane. The fact that it never has been corrected leads me to believe that video proof would do little to move things forward.
I will be taking a 400 mile trip over Thanks Giving Weekend (about 1/3 of my driving experience so far). I will attempt to use AUTOPILOT as much as possible and expect to use auto lane change as much as needed. I always play close attention and always have a least 1 hand on the wheel. I will report back if I see this issue.

Reactions: Swift and NerdUno
How would having paid for FSD work with an insurance claim? Here they usually give you market value, and the market value of a non existent feature could be argued to be zero...

The way the lane display bounces around all the time isn't exactly confidence inspiring. Their lane marker detection is clearly crap, they just dampen it enough to prevent the car constantly correcting.

They are a long, long way from FSD.

I believe, with the multiple NNs, FSD will build upon EAP.

My personal experience is that the car struggles with slope up/down and start pingponging on even the slightest undulation. Way behind AP1 at that point. One can mitigate this keeping hands on the wheel but not safe unless.

Did they promote FSD on the semi release, or have they started to cover up the evidence now?