Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the rescue efforts are starting to get 4 kids out. Folks hurrying due to downpour overnight.

@yayqe on Twitter is probably the best follow if you want updates by the minute.

Edit: it's been 8 hours since Elon said it should take 8 hours. Hopefully there's an update soon.

5 inflatable rescue pods commissioned by Elon have already arrived in Thailand, 8 more are on the way. Manufactured by a SpaceX subcontractor Wing inflatables.
Arcata’s Wing Inflatables, SpaceX collaborate on Thailand cave rescue

These are seperate from the rigid “submarines” SpaceX is manufacturing and hopefully on the way now.

No idea if they are in use or not but Elon is trying, which is very commendable.

upload_2018-7-7_22-4-33.png

5 inflatable rescue pods commissioned by Elon have already arrived in Thailand, 8 more are on the way. Manufactured by a SpaceX subcontractor Wing inflatables.
Arcata’s Wing Inflatables, SpaceX collaborate on Thailand cave rescue

These are seperate from the rigid “submarines” SpaceX is manufacturing and hopefully on the way now.

No idea if they are in use or not but Elon is trying, which is very commendable.
Fascinating article!!! I hope everyone here reads this.

Rescue work already started. Elon's engineers it seems, will just be side kicks this time, not the superheroes :)
Elon will snap some pics with the navy seals and rescued kids (hopefully) and post it on twitter to take the credit, is my best case scenario.

It's almost sounds like you would prefer the kids die than have a team connected to Musk contribute in any way to save their lives?

Over 10 billion dollars in short positions would indicate otherwise...
As i said, "sinister Cthulhu-like entity having it's tentacles everywhere". :rolleyes: You know that those 10bln$ are not held by single James Bond's villain, right? Right?

I also suggest reading @jesselivenomore 's series.
I read it. It shows pretty well they do things that they can get away with (Chanos ran away as soon as things got serious). Murder don't fit into suspicious financial shenanigans.

Of course, Musk should have personal security anyway, but that's neither here nor there.

As i said, "sinister Cthulhu-like entity having it's tentacles everywhere". :rolleyes: You know that those 10bln$ are not held by single James Bond's villain, right? Right

Ah, yes, that description of the shorts is incorrect.

While it could be that general people have decided to short 20% of the available stock because that is what retail investors and investment funds commonly do, it is more likely there are some deep pockets involved (shades of Zorin),or else tight coordination to produce the volumes seen . But that deffinatly does not imply the existence of a freed netherworld being with an unknown quantity of appendages. On the other hand, nothing rules out short's belief in such a being and their desire to serve it... ;)

As i said, "sinister Cthulhu-like entity having it's tentacles everywhere". :rolleyes: You know that those 10bln$ are not held by single James Bond's villain, right? Right?

I read it. It shows pretty well they do things that they can get away with (Chanos ran away as soon as things got serious). Murder don't fit into suspicious financial shenanigans.

Of course, Musk should have personal security anyway, but that's neither here nor there.

Climate change is the largest threat civilization has ever seen. Tesla is doing more to combat it than any other company.

Anyone rooting for this company to fail is very sad. Anyone actively spewing misinformation, false negative articles to help bring about the destruction IS evil.

Elon will snap some pics with the navy seals and rescued kids (hopefully) and post it on twitter to take the credit, is my best case scenario.

That, sir, was an asinine thing to say in this situation.

I therefore draw a specific conclusion about who said it. I urge others to as well.

(Mods: Not a personal attack, but rather one upon a premise to which I then made a logical extrapolation)

Rescue work already started. Elon's engineers it seems, will just be side kicks this time, not the superheroes :)
Rescue of trapped children set to begin

Interestingly, the OP of that thread was himself short Ford at one point when it went up bigly from $10 to $13.. He was also short Nasdaq, which means he was short TSLA. He seems to be a swing trader who shows up here to fool the fools, hoping he gets more gain out of his trades. Is he also playing the dirty tricks when he is shorting other stocks? Next time you meet him, don't forget to ask this.
Whatever is said in that thread, I bet applies to many long side traders and analysts too. I see it on CNBS all the time.

You’re ugly inside.

It's almost sounds like you would prefer the kids die than have a team connected to Musk contribute in any way to save their lives?
I’m not an mmd fanboy, but I don’t think he was saying best option is they are saved without Elon, next is they die with help from Elon, 3rd they die without help. Just that it’s unlikely Elon’s system will be used. He may be wrong, but I don’t think he’s putting their lives above his hatred of Elon. I don’t like the hate word, usually too strong.
I agree it probably won’t be used, but with rescues over for today, maybe they’ll use tomorrow. I think it’s great he’s tried to invent a rescuer system. Looks like something that could be sold to rescue services all over. Certainly admirable effort, regardless of your belief in Tesla or Elon.

I’m not an mmd fanboy, but I don’t think he was saying best option is they are saved without Elon, next is they die with help from Elon, 3rd they die without help. Just that it’s unlikely Elon’s system will be used. He may be wrong, but I don’t think he’s putting their lives above his hatred of Elon. I don’t like the hate word, usually too strong.
I agree it probably won’t be used, but with rescues over for today, maybe they’ll use tomorrow. I think it’s great he’s tried to invent a rescuer system. Looks like something that could be sold to rescue services all over. Certainly admirable effort, regardless of your belief in Tesla or Elon.

Does MMD have any fanboys? It takes a special kind of person (the sociopath kind of special) to root for the failure of someone trying to do something positive for those kids in Thailand. It was very easy to read what was unsaid and I'm not the only one who picked up on it.

It's extremely poor taste, and low class to insinuate Elon will be on the next plane to Thailand just for photo ops.

Yes, it is an admirable effort. When more important things are at stake we don't lump things into team sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.