Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Benzinga - 13 minutes ago: Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA)'s New Compensation Pushes Elon Musk To Focus On Profitability, Baird Says

Baird views the compensation plan favorably, considering both the payroll and profitability implications of the terms.

“This is one of the first times TSLA has provided long-term profitability targets, and we think shares would appreciate significantly if TSLA were to achieve its adjusted EBITDA milestones, although not necessarily to a $650 billion market cap," Kallo said.

So not only will Tesla retain its critical leader, but it will also increase shareholder value as it inches toward profitability, according to Baird.
Also from the article:

The Rating
Baird Equity Research analysts Ben Kallo reiterated an Outperform rating on Tesla with a $411 price target.

• Informative
Reactions: StapleGun
Good article but shouldn't obscure Lutz's primary motivation for commenting negatively on Tesla. There is robust demand in the media for hits on Tesla. Lutz at 85 is desperate to add a few more minutes to his 15 minutes of fame. To the extent of trashing the reputation he worked hard to earn in his salad days.

I'm not sure he ever ate salad.

NHTSA and NTSB investigating the latest possible autopilot crash
U.S. auto regulator probing Tesla 'Autopilot' crash
A different crash in Germany but from google translate I don't think the Tesla was at fault or autopilot was involved
Google Translate

Original Tesla bei Unfall auf Autobahn 30 bei Bad Bentheim zerstört

Mercedes driver entered freeway and immediately switched lanes to pass a slow truck, cutting off a tesla that was passing in that lane at the same time. The tesla crashed into the back of the mercedes. The tesla driver was severely injured and brought to a hospital while the mercedes driver was not injured.

The firebrigade first had to download instructions out of the internet to learn how to disconnect the electrical system before being able to remove the car in order to prevent danger to themselves.

No mentioning of autopilot, and description blames the mercedes driver for the accident (switching immediately into the passing lane, overlooking tesla)

At the risk of beating a dead horse on Elon's incentive plan, one data point caught my eye.

Amazon's estimated revenue for 2017 is $177B (~$117.4B through Q3 plus ~$59.7B Est. Q4).
Amazon - Investor Relations - Press Release
AMZN - Amazon.com Inc Forecast - CNNMoney.com

The top revenue target for Elon's plan is an almost identical $175B.

Amazon market cap is $654B versus $650B target in Elon's plan -- again almost identical.

So both the ratio and amounts of AMZN market cap and revenue are strikingly similar to the top end of Elon's incentive plan.

This suggests that the P/S ratio in Elon's plan is in line with other very large, successful growth companies.

There is no other company like Amazon.

True. But there is also no other company like Tesla, which is growing roughly twice as fast as Amazon was at this stage and likely will for the foreseeable future.;)

four-tops-aint-no-woman-like-the-one-ive-got-probe-2.jpg

NHTSA and NTSB investigating the latest possible autopilot crash
U.S. auto regulator probing Tesla 'Autopilot' crash
A different crash in Germany but from google translate I don't think the Tesla was at fault or autopilot was involved
Google Translate

Original Tesla bei Unfall auf Autobahn 30 bei Bad Bentheim zerstört

The driver of the Tesla is my dad's friend. He said that he was behind a pickup truck with AP engaged. The pickup truck suddenly swerved into the right lane because of the firetruck parked ahead. Because the pickup truck was too high to see over, he didn't have enough time to react. He hit the firetruck at 65mph and the steering column was pushed 2 feet inwards toward him. Luckily, he wasn't hurt. He fully acknowledges that he should've been paying more attention and isn't blaming Tesla. The whole thing was pretty unfortunate considering he bought the car fairly recently (blacked it out too).
Tesla allegedly on Autopilot hits firetruck with 65mph • r/teslamotors

Sounds to me like he was way too close to the pickup truck at that speed. If AP was engaged is still to be proven as it normally should have reacted.

We heard from a lot of drivers blaming AP at start and later it was proven to not be the case. We'll see.

Hmm, I understand that the Radar usually can look under a pickup and see any obstacles in front of the car and in some cases even up to several cars ahead? This does not add up.

In regards to the German text: no, nobody claiming the AP there. The women just pulled out 2 lanes and has overseen a Tesla driving (likely rather fast) on that lane.

Status
Not open for further replies.