Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Going from 2022.20.8 to 2022.24.5 – radar removal or not?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On mine when autopilot is activated it displays a faint little grey high beam icon with an A in the middle. It’s hard to see but it means that auto high beam is forced on (But not currently engaged).

I do know the icon you mention when I have played with another highs. But other people have posted same experience as me. I will take it out tomorrow night and play.

I disconnected from wifi to delay the inevitable as long as I can. I don't use auto high beams or wipers now because I don't think they are reliable enough.

I may be biased because my friend had a vision only Y and often complained about autopilot turning on the auto high beams.

Reactions: johnking
I disconnected from wifi to delay the inevitable as long as I can. I don't use auto high beams or wipers now because I don't think they are reliable enough.

I may be biased because my friend had a vision only Y and often complained about autopilot turning on the auto high beams.
I'm also holding off for the foreseeable future until there's concrete evidence that autopilot has an advantage when upgrading to vision. Until now my model Y has been working just fine.

Reactions: johnking
I would argue losing radar is a huge disadvantage. Especially on the 3/Y which force you to use the god awful auto highbeams whenever in autopilot on vision cars.
"Huge disadvantage" is severe and unproven. I have not seen reliable scientific data backing one way or another. But honestly do not really care. It is going to happen like it or not. I am just flowing with it and enjoying the car.

"Huge disadvantage" is severe and unproven. I have not seen reliable scientific data backing one way or another. But honestly do not really care. It is going to happen like it or not. I am just flowing with it and enjoying the car.
okay

Anyone who isn't a Tesla shill have any opinions on whether 24.6 should be avoided for those of us unfortunate enough to have been forced to buy radarless cars?

Bjorn's video seems to show it's inferior at the moment with the poor auto high beams and auto windshield wipers activating randomly. Hope it improves or already has since this video is 2 months old.

If you haven't got radar anyway then it doesn't matter what you install, you'll be on vision only anyway (obviously).

If you install 2022.24.6 (or .8) or 2022.20.9 (not sure that's being pushed now) your radar will be disabled and you'll be moved to Tesla Vision.

I would suspect radarless cars won't see anything about Tesla Vision in the release notes, since the release notes for 20.9 (which is included in 24.6/8) say "Your car has been moved to Tesla Vision" which doesn't make sense for those cars.