Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Goulburn supercharger ICE'd

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes that layout also has the advantage that you can park behind someone ice-ing the spot and still charge, even if you have to stay with the car. And it's absolutely clear that the chargers themselves are related to the car spots, they can't be 'misconstrued' as something on the carpark boundary unrelated to the spots themselves.

Something like this is hard to miss:

Great idea. Possibly also some artistic contextual detail?

sc.jpg
tesla-comic-mural.jpg.650x0_q70_crop-smart.jpg

I was told some time ago by a knowledgable Tesla person that Goulburn has the rare distinction of being one of the most vandalised Superchargers in the world. I like the auto spike idea but maybe Goulburn SC needs an electric fence.

Pretty poor situation when these are the most utilised regional Superchargers in Australia.

Whilst the signs might not deter all/many at least people can be ticketed for violations. As it stands with them missing, there are no violations taking place.

What is the phone number on the Superchargers for reporting issues? I'll call and report the missing signs. The more who do that the faster they'll be replaced. Not to mention that they need tamper proof bolts not the ones they have used that were easy to remove.

The way they the Superchargers and the spots are being treated certainly doesn't do any favours for the reputations of the fine folk of Goulburn.

It’ll be interesting to see how competing future charging infrastructure deals with these issues. Incidentally Porsche UltraChargers will charge at twice the speed of Superchargers and will be Tesla compatible with an adaptor. Doubtful they’ll charge present day Tesla’s at twice the speed. Consider the ante upped.

Porsche’s ultra fast-charging infrastructure for the Mission E will also work with Tesla, says CEO

The ante isn't upped until they actually DO something, rather than just issue press releases.

Reactions: RichardMcN and LGGD
Pretty poor situation when these are the most utilised regional Superchargers in Australia.

Whilst the signs might not deter all/many at least people can be ticketed for violations. As it stands with them missing, there are no violations taking place.

What is the phone number on the Superchargers for reporting issues? I'll call and report the missing signs. The more who do that the faster they'll be replaced. Not to mention that they need tamper proof bolts not the ones they have used that were easy to remove.

The way they the Superchargers and the spots are being treated certainly doesn't do any favours for the reputations of the fine folk of Goulburn.
I called St Leonards a couple of weeks ago to report the missing signs. I also tried to buy a sign for home but was told they couldn't sell me one. Bit sad as it would look great in my garage.
Much sadder that the booners at Goulburn are the worst in Australia.

I was told some time ago by a knowledgable Tesla person that Goulburn has the rare distinction of being one of the most vandalised Superchargers in the world. I like the auto spike idea but maybe Goulburn SC needs an electric fence.

Indeed. It's because Goulburn is a S*#$hole. There's a prison, a dodgy nightclub, a police college to try and keep order and a whole bunch of bogans. I'd rather they move the Superchargers out onto the highway so you can sail past the dump. You'll pry their diesel land cruisers and utes from their cold dead hands before they'll drive those hippy electric cars. Will take some dollars away from the businesses that benefited but so what?

• Funny
Reactions: Homer