Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gridserve Charger Sites in UK [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, there seem to be a range of figures ... I don't know how they come up with them though! Our nearest populous city area is Edinburgh and it's certainly a minority that have off street parking there.
I see various numbers for the % of residence without off street parking what I have never seen is what % of those residents actually own a car since I assume the people in cities with no parking are also the most likely not to be car owners in the first place.

I see various numbers for the % of residence without off street parking what I have never seen is what % of those residents actually own a car since I assume the people in cities with no parking are also the most likely not to be car owners in the first place.
PodPoint said:
Thankfully the majority (roughly 60:40) of UK dwellings have off street parking. Even more, those who don’t drive cars are over-represented in the dwellings with no car parking. PWC estimated that a chunky 72% of UK drivers have access to off-street parking at home.
PWC link expands to:
(April 2018)
PWC said:
In London, only 48% of vehicle
drivers have off-street parking compared
to the UK average of 72%

Other major UK cities have similar
challenges, where levels of vehicle drivers
with access to off-street parking range from
61% in Edinburgh
61% in Cardiff
65% in Manchester

So, it's a pretty good proportion.
It's expediency that makes it a concern. Otherwise you could just let the market do its work, and then government could fill in the remaining holes.

Hello GRIDSERVE Nevendon, Essex

Gridserve.com/nevendon-dev

52116B65-8CC4-43F8-969C-A4C5FFD5EF31.jpeg

Last edited:
What is it with Gridserve - putting the Tesla tombstones in one uncovered corner of the site?
(and can you buy a brolly in their shop? :) )
not really sure why they want/allow/need tesla chargers in the first place given Tesla's can charge at their chargers. Can only think either Tesla are ponying up a good wad of cash or they think they will make more from the overpriced coffee than the charging anyway so don't care

Reactions: ringi
not really sure why they want/allow/need tesla chargers in the first place given Tesla's can charge at their chargers. Can only think either Tesla are ponying up a good wad of cash or they think they will make more from the overpriced coffee than the charging anyway so don't care

I suppose when it gets busy there will simply be more chargers to go round ... and someone else will have paid for them, so it's a win win for everybody.

I suppose when it gets busy there will simply be more chargers to go round ... and someone else will have paid for them, so it's a win win for everybody.
Also means it's advertised in Tesla's navigation, when people get there they might charge on either.

Having said that if there was a GS site without Tesla I would definitely think it's time for Tesla to include them in the nav.

Free placement of a 'charging pin' on the Tesla navigation map, best case scenario (for them) you arrive and all 4 stalls are in use and you have to use one of Gridserve's chargers

Free placement of a 'charging pin' on the Tesla navigation map, best case scenario (for them) you arrive and all 4 stalls are in use and you have to use one of Gridserve's chargers
I would probably use theirs anyway. under cover, nearer the facilities and cheaper ( though the latter is hard to tell for sure since tesla charge for DC and Gridserve for AC so its not comparing like for like)