Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have you lost faith in Tesla?

Have you lost faith in Tesla?

• No

Votes: 295 59.5%
  • Nearly

Votes: 94 19.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 107 21.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Because of comments like “fanboys” “true believers” and “Tesla bubble” from some as an attempt to slur others.

Another reason I use the Apple analogy, its the exact same shrieking that happened a decade ago, it’s actually hilarious to see people pulling out the exact same old lines again and whining about unimportant crap. Someone mentioned the “Elon reality distortion field” the other day which is just comedy.
Describing half the people on this forum as “people who hate Tesla (I.e. Tesla haters) is just as emotive. If you don’t like labelling people then at least be consistent and don’t do it yourself.

Tesla just rewrote their software to eliminate the need for the parts they couldn’t get, while everyone else had to stop production.
If you are referring to USS then Tesla have not yet rewritten their software, they have just removed a function and left a void. There is no timeline for the release of the new software and no one knows how effective it will be when it finally arrives.

Reactions: CWT3LR
The results of this poll, whilst not dispositive with a 303 person sample size and whatever skew a forum such as this entails amongst its users, I find interesting. 64.4% seem overall satisfied (or better) with Tesla, with the remainder either having issues causing some unhappiness (what car is perfect and without any cause for complaint or desire for improvement) or have major complaints with aspects of their cars. Seems consistent with what I am sensing in the comments throughout this sub-forum.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Unlike time-delineated threads like collections, deliveries & software update groups etc, it looks like this one has the potential to run and run....

Everything in life comes down to personal choice so although I understand how differing opinions can stir up strong feelings either way, I have always found this forum to be balanced, respectful and informative so I hope we can remain like that.

As someone sitting pretty much in the middle I can see both sides of this and although I remain quite cynical about many things, on balance I am still happy to be a Tesla owner. In fact when numerous little positive things happen these tend to temper any frustrations I have.

Recently:
  • Swapping cars and finding the new one exactly replicates every setting on the previous.
  • Indicators automatically cancel as soon as I complete a lane change.
  • Finally getting the trip & tyre cards back
Even simply walking up or away and the car unlocks/locks (or via my ring) then entering a PIN and driving are so convenient that I find it annoying having to press an archaic start button on my wife's (lovely) little Fiat EV....and probably most others.

Thank you @DeejUK for starting this thread, it has helped me realise that although I'm far from what many would describe as a fan-boy it has helped me focus more on the many good things about the cars and less on my feelings about the 'TechnobKing' and the arrogance of his company.

in reality - Although I love some bits of this car, I see sh1tloads of problems which tesla should sort out before I will buy another one...

- One of the things which is bad - is the interior quality and sound insulation - rattles and other things happened in this car in 20k miles is mind boggling (sorted almost all now...) and the sound quality - let's say, it is not in line with the 50k price mark.
- another thing - updates. Updates with new features are fine. But updates which cripple the car and remove the functionality is a big no no. it's the only manufacturer which does that.
- AP - it's stupidly bad compared to alternatives. Worst thing - it PENALISES you with DISABLING for the rest of the drive?! WTF. it's MY CAR. Tesla should not be allowed to "disable" functionality "for the rest of the drive" - it is nonsense.

One of the biggest drivers, for me, was the SC network and lack of alternatives (in EV front). Now, years are passing, more and more legacy manufacturers introduce EV, making them without some drawbacks (sound insulation, better AP-like systems) and Tesla opening the network to others makes it less and less compelling to pay premium cash for it. Moreover, after living with EV for a year, I see that I do not need SCs as much as I anticipated earlier...

so all in all, unless tesla will change the approach and quality (I have my doubts regarding this), I do not think that my next car will be Tesla and I do not think that I will have faith in company in general.

The MG is ugly and slow though.
Margin is a good thing, when they didn’t have good margins a couple years ago people were crowing about them going out of business and not being a real car company, if they do have strong margins people like you complain about value for money. You can please some of the people some of the time etc.
beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

and speed limit in UK is 70 mph.

There’s an interesting point to be made here.
Every other other car I’ve owned since 1969 has remained as purchased, unless I bolted bits on.

Not so with the Tesla. Admittedly I added mudflaps and waterproof mats and a wireless phone charger as a one off and they remain constant.

However, software updates have added P2D, glovebox pin, extra settings in driver profile and a number of features that I can’t even remember.
It’s true that sometimes some of those updates have caused more problems than they solved but generally, my car has improved and at no further cost to me.
Has it improved as much as implied, suggested or promised? No. But it has improved more than any car I’ve ever owned.
Would I buy another Tesla when the time comes to change this car? Absolutely not! I have bought into FSD and there is no way I’m going to pay a second time. If that changes, I may change my mind. Have I lost faith? I don’t think I‘ve ever had faith in any car manufacturer. I’ve just bought the car I wanted each time.

Reactions: CWT3LR
in reality - Although I love some bits of this car, I see sh1tloads of problems which tesla should sort out before I will buy another one...

- One of the things which is bad - is the interior quality and sound insulation - rattles and other things happened in this car in 20k miles is mind boggling (sorted almost all now...) and the sound quality - let's say, it is not in line with the 50k price mark.
- another thing - updates. Updates with new features are fine. But updates which cripple the car and remove the functionality is a big no no. it's the only manufacturer which does that.
- AP - it's stupidly bad compared to alternatives. Worst thing - it PENALISES you with DISABLING for the rest of the drive?! WTF. it's MY CAR. Tesla should not be allowed to "disable" functionality "for the rest of the drive" - it is nonsense.

One of the biggest drivers, for me, was the SC network and lack of alternatives (in EV front). Now, years are passing, more and more legacy manufacturers introduce EV, making them without some drawbacks (sound insulation, better AP-like systems) and Tesla opening the network to others makes it less and less compelling to pay premium cash for it. Moreover, after living with EV for a year, I see that I do not need SCs as much as I anticipated earlier...

so all in all, unless tesla will change the approach and quality (I have my doubts regarding this), I do not think that my next car will be Tesla and I do not think that I will have faith in company in general.
this is where I'm at.

Software updates, while can be great, can also bring pain. The first thing I endured after getting mine, was the complete change to colour icons and the stupid design for Aircon etc. I hated the change. I am used to it now, but its still rubbish. Wipers / UI for heaters are my main gripes but like I said, we shouldn't be forced into changes.

I still find the SC network amazing and that would be the only thing I miss if I didn't buy a Tesla. Long journeys are bliss and easy and that will still be the main reason for me staying with Tesla.
Also the rattles in car, I hadn't heard anything until recently at 12k miles. The drivers door has started to rattle and its annoying as hell. I'm tempted to take it to a service centre, but I'm worried they will make it worse.

So for me, Tesla need to reduce the price, and I need to find a way of making it easy on long drives if I'm to look elsewhere.

Reactions: yessuz and DeejUK
the one which moved to Teslavision as result:
- AP max speed reduced
- AP minimum distance increased
- AP speed reduced to low visibility appears more often

The first one is irrelevant, the maximum speed on a U.K. road is 70mph

Distance 1-3 are too close to the car in front for anyone sensible. If you drive that close to the car in front on a driving test, you’d fail. If anything I think it needs a 8-12 adding as well. If people left proper gaps, there would be far less accidents AND traffic would flow better.

The third one does happen more often but it’s not exactly crippling. It’s usually the auto wipers not keeping up with driving past a lorry and all the extra spray it kicks up during very heavy rain.

It’s worse in a very specific circumstance but everywhere else it’s better than the vision+radar version from The fist half of this year. For example the old radar version used to panic when changing into lane 2 from 3 when there was a lorry in lane 1. That never happens now.

Reactions: boombap