Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's 1 degree Celsius and I'm trying to get home. I have 160 km rated left. I have 102km to go. Model X 90D.

I'm using AP, going 5km over the posted limit. No heat (I'm cold!) and my rated range is dropping fast.

I've checked and re-checked plug share. Anything on my way either isn't open or is a home charger and it's 4am). What do i do?
Is there anything I can do to use less energy?

I have my dogs with me to top it off, and I feel bad for them (they are wrapped up in blankets and pillows together and they have fur, I don't)

Suggestions??

IMG_1708.JPG

What are your miles remaining? To save my a$$ I go 36 mph until traffic approaches when I increase speed so they can pass me safely. Then back to 36 mph using cruise control. You can sit on one leg at a time to warm it up - the floor is COLD. Good luck!
--

What are your miles remaining? To save my a$$ I go 36 mph until traffic approaches when I increase speed so they can pass me safely. Then back to 36 mph using cruise control. You can sit on one leg at a time to warm it up - the floor is COLD. Good luck!
--
I pondered this, dropping right down to a trickle, but wondered if it would hurt me in the long run, when it came time to go uphill

25 mph is approx the most efficient speed but 36 is not that much worse while giving a sense of actually moving!
Climbing hills requires no adjustment to methodology. We need to know your final miles else this never happened. :rolleyes:
--

56Kms? You had tons left. I've pushed a lot out of necessity over the years. Driving from Gaspe to Montreal over Xmas last year was the toughest push I've ever done with dog and family in the car. Kept the heat on and always arrived at a charge point with about 5% or less or about 20kms of range. Closest I've come to running out was last week in Wyoming....

Attachments

• range anxiety.jpg
    range anxiety.jpg
    496 KB · Views: 68
  • range anxiety.jpg
    range anxiety.jpg
    496 KB · Views: 72
What did the energy app - trip setting - predict for the energy remaining in your trip? It does a decent job of considering temperature and elevation into the energy required for a trip. I suspect you were in much better shape than you thought