Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How did your V8.0 update go?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
upload_2016-9-23_7-19-31.png

It's a bit pointless declining updates I think. Unless you expect them to revert changes in subsequent releases (so far never happened for deliberate functionality as far as I know) then you have to update at some point or keep your car forever stuck on the current release (and never have it serviced as they'll update as part of the service).

Some reports of the 'nag' behaviour seem to indicate it's actually little different to the current status, just different consequences for ignoring it.

Remarkable to see the original v8.0 rollout (2.36.106) has ALREADY been replaced by 2.36.108!! Not sure how it differs, but it's fun to watch the insanity over in the US forum- crazy stuff :)
I see there has been nothing in Australia yet (ev-fw.com.....)

Last edited:
All the fuss about the nags. I keep my hands on my lap and rest my fingers on the wheel at the 7 &5 o'clock position, gripping just hard enough to cause slight resistance which is enough for Devvie to be happy.

Yeah. I was doing that - and kept getting hold the wheel prompts, which is why I was a little concerned, and I think why several other folks are worried (though there's also a "why should I have to hold the wheel" crowd in this discussion. :rolleyes: )

Though after 36.31 I haven't been getting it much, and I don't really think I've tightened my grip, so maybe the algorithm changed. I haven't taken 36.31 on a long trip yet, but I will tomorrow.

Yeah. I was doing that - and kept getting hold the wheel prompts, which is why I was a little concerned, and I think why several other folks are worried (though there's also a "why should I have to hold the wheel" crowd in this discussion. :rolleyes: )

Though after 36.31 I haven't been getting it much, and I don't really think I've tightened my grip, so maybe the algorithm changed. I haven't taken 36.31 on a long trip yet, but I will tomorrow.
Actually the car senses the rotational force you apply to the steering wheel and/or your small resistance to the AP's rotation of the wheel. Does not sense how hard you grip.

The 7.0 delay was somewhat different as there were legislative hurdles over autopilot in some markets that hadn't been fully resolved. In this case I think it's just caution and staged rollout to avoid regressions, as Elon indicated. Still don't think you can say WW rollout is starting on date X though when clearly that's just the start of the rollout *period* and is purely US for some time after that. Usual poor expectation management by Tesla though that we're all used to by now lol.