Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW3 Install Time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those who have had the HW3 upgrade how long did it take?

my SC is saying it will take a day (overnight) as they need to calibrate the cameras, drive it, and also check for any overheating post install.

Is this a normal timeframe?

Tesla is having me drive to the Austin service center which is 3hrs from my house instead of the Dallas service center which is only 1hr from my house. I really hope the tech's are having a good day and I don't have to make the whole drive twice. Do loaner Tesla's have access to the Supercharger network?

For those who have had the HW3 upgrade how long did it take?

my SC is saying it will take a day (overnight) as they need to calibrate the cameras, drive it, and also check for any overheating post install.

Is this a normal timeframe?
Mine was just under 24 hours. Dropped it off at 9am, got the text at 830am next morning that it was ready for pickup. SC said it took longer than same-day because they were scheduling 10-15 of them a day (Burbank, CA)

Before I'm going to drive 220 miles to my closest SC, I'm going to make sure I'm first for the day and promised a loaner (if things go bad) so I don't have to worry taking more time off from work and getting a last-minute hotel room.