Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Idaho Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is Rocket a touchless?

I used to be so anal in regards to washes but getting to the point where I just want to enjoy the car without stressing so much. And in the winters with all the salt dumped all over the place it’s nice to get that off with a quick run through a wash.
Rocket is not touchless, but the brushes are all microfiber cloth. As dirty as my car gets in Boise, I'd rather wash it weekly with an unlimited membership and endure a few swirls. So far in 3 months I'v had no issues using their wash. It's two minutes from my house and it does a much better job than the Epic wash across the street that has very abrasive brushes. My MYP is my daily driver, I like to keep it clean, but it's not a show car. I can live with a few paint marks if needed.

Rocket is not touchless, but the brushes are all microfiber cloth. As dirty as my car gets in Boise, I'd rather wash it weekly with an unlimited membership and endure a few swirls. So far in 3 months I'v had no issues using their wash. It's two minutes from my house and it does a much better job than the Epic wash across the street that has very abrasive brushes. My MYP is my daily driver, I like to keep it clean, but it's not a show car. I can live with a few paint marks if needed.
Makes sense to me. So did you do any sort of ceramic coating beforehand?

Makes sense to me. So did you do any sort of ceramic coating beforehand?
Yes, a day after I got my MYP, I clayed the paint, did a Isopropyl alcohol wipe down, and applied two coats of Avalon King DIY ceramic to the entire car including trim, wheels and windows. Avalon King ran me under $100 for everything and I've got enough left to do another one of my cars. Results are great and actually better than the rip off Audi dealer ceramic coating my wife paid $1000 for on her Q5. Never again! Here's the MYP right after the Ceramic, and it still shines that good 3 months and probably 30 Rocket car washes later:

MYP.jpeg

Congratulations @BearlyAdulting! What do you think so far?
I'm thoroughly impressed. My last car was the 2019 Audi e-tron and compared to this, the cohesion between vehicle and technology in the Tesla is leaps and bounds ahead of Audi. Just did a drive today to Oregon and back for the heck of it and I get why people love autopilot so much (still waiting for my FSD beta to "unlock" lol, which is annoying). The drive is just awesome and I'm still very happy with my purchase. Here's some quick thoughts after 24hrs with it.

Pros
  • Tech tech tech. It just works, it's flawless, and it is comparable to nothing else I've ever driven.
  • It's a pretty remarkable balance between SUV and sports car. Best I can describe is like the size/weight of my e-tron mixed with the tossability of my old S4.
  • Build quality was way better than I expected based on everything I've ever heard about Tesla (though still nowhere near the precision and quality of my German brands I'm coming from)
  • Space is amazing inside. It has no right being so damn roomy
  • Speed is very much as advertised. I also enjoy that I can turn down the acceleration to "chill mode" lol. Much better for around town on 35mph streets.
  • Charging at home and at the superchargers is hands down the future. My e-tron would take anywhere from 3-10 minutes to start charging at Electrify America. Open the app, scroll scroll scroll, type in charger, agree to charging session, hope it connects to the car, hope the speed actually hits 150kw, etc. Tesla just works.
Cons
  • I don't care that it gets less than the 303 miles of range advertised...I just wish the range estimates were more accurate. With the e-tron, it calculated your range based on days worth of driving habits. Sure, mine always said ~185 miles of range (vs the 204 advertised), but it was nice to be able to have a better gut feel about things.
  • Of the things I do need fixed, it's annoying that I had some pretty noticeable scratches on the windshield and roof. Also, the plastic materials around the front seats (where the power adjustment buttons are) is really low quality. Big boy here and getting out of the car, I always end up breaking down the leather bolster closest to the door sliding out of the car and I can already tell after popping a clip off with my butt, that this will be my biggest quality complaint.
  • I'm fine without Apple Carplay, but at least give me Apple Music. I keep my phone on the wireless charger and just shout "hey siri" to do most Apple things I would have used Carplay for and that's working so far.
  • If this is your first Tesla, study up a bit before pickup. The dealer didn't really do much of anything to help me learn the basics and I ended up doing a bunch of googling before leaving.
Surprises
  • I had heard so many people mention the stiffer suspension of the performance so I was preconditioned for the worst. Honestly, it's not bad at all. Sure it's firm and reminds me of driving a sports car, but for long stretches of highway and in town driving, I haven't experienced anything that I had been expecting.
  • Day 1 was terrifying because nothing in the car / while driving was muscle memory...day 2, it's remarkable how natural everything now feels.
  • Surprise! Voice control that actually works.
I put 250 miles on it already and have two long road trips coming up. Getting the XPEL tint and full car wrap in a week so I can go through car washes again and not melt with this sun we're having. Honestly, this is one of the best cars I've ever owned and can't wait for more.

Well, crap. Got within 8 days of my delivery window and this morning it pushed out again another 6 weeks. Now end of August-end of September . Wondering if this will ever end. It will probably show up when the snow does just in time to put it in the garage. I ordered last July, then put on hold until December trying to wait on the new battery technology and possible tax break. (which both turned out to be a nothing burger iIMO). The only silver lining is that my locked in price is now about 12k less than buying today.

Can I borrow one of y'all's Model Y for the rest of the summer ? 😜

Well, crap. Got within 8 days of my delivery window and this morning it pushed out again another 6 weeks. Now end of August-end of September . Wondering if this will ever end. It will probably show up when the snow does just in time to put it in the garage. I ordered last July, then put on hold until December trying to wait on the new battery technology and possible tax break. (which both turned out to be a nothing burger iIMO). The only silver lining is that my locked in price is now about 12k less than buying today.

Can I borrow one of y'all's Model Y for the rest of the summer ? 😜
It must be torture. :D

Reactions: Sunvalleylaw
HI, all. Was away on a trip to Italy for two and a half weeks. Got back last week, was jet lagged, and then got the 'Rona. So, have been out of touch. Day 3 of symptoms so still laying low. Will reply to the DM's and stuff a bit later. Car is great, got my 14-50 adapter when they were back in for a minute at the estore, got a paint repair kit. Did not do PPF yet. Was supposed to do that today, but 'Rona. Still intend to. Cheers!

HI, all. Was away on a trip to Italy for two and a half weeks. Got back last week, was jet lagged, and then got the 'Rona. So, have been out of touch. Day 3 of symptoms so still laying low. Will reply to the DM's and stuff a bit later. Car is great, got my 14-50 adapter when they were back in for a minute at the estore, got a paint repair kit. Did not do PPF yet. Was supposed to do that today, but 'Rona. Still intend to. Cheers!

Sorry to hear you got tagged. Hope you recover quickly!

Good news for a change. Mine made a positive change for the first time in a looong time. Aug 22-Sept 26 last week. Today, July 31-Aug 14. Ordered Dec. 6th. Not going to hold my breath. MYLR White w/ black, tow.
Like mine ☺️
For the first time 2 week window today
July 28 -August 11
Got trade in call a week ago
OD December 21, 2021
Model Y LR white/ black no extra added FSD June 18
Boise pick up location

Well.. Tesla giveth and Tesla taketh away. I was a few days away from my two week window. Even had my SA contact me and tell me if I a trade to start the ball rolling and to expect my car mid to late August. And that a VIN should be assigned very soon. This morning I check the update and it has bounced out another 5 weeks to Aug. 21 - September 25. Ordered last July. Then put on hold and removed Dec. 6th This is BEYOND frustrating.

Easily the most bizarre buying experience of my life. I feel like the build team starts off each morning throwing darts..."whelp. today it looks like Blue , performance with a hitch ---let's get started. 😡

Reactions: csrpenfab
Well.. Tesla giveth and Tesla taketh away. I was a few days away from my two week window. Even had my SA contact me and tell me if I a trade to start the ball rolling and to expect my car mid to late August. And that a VIN should be assigned very soon. This morning I check the update and it has bounced out another 5 weeks to Aug. 21 - September 25. Ordered last July. Then put on hold and removed Dec. 6th This is BEYOND frustrating.

Easily the most bizarre buying experience of my life. I feel like the build team starts off each morning throwing darts..."whelp. today it looks like Blue , performance with a hitch ---let's get started. 😡
I have seen on these forums it happened but then suddenly they got a vin

Mine is still July 28-August 11

Well after a month I finally had some activity today... pretty much each update my window drops a week... currently at a 4 week window. Too bad my window doesn't change with the September date changing.

OD May 18, 2022 - Eastern Idaho
MYP MSM/Black, No FSD, No Tow
EDD #1 05/20/22 - July 31st to September 11th
EDD #2 06/20/22 - August 5th to September 9th
EDD #3 07/23/22 - August 13th to September 10th

Reactions: LanaS