Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Idaho Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's awesome that your installer knew what they were doing. That front bumper with the air intakes can be a pain, that is one spot where I had issues that needed to be redone. They also kinda winged it on the rocker panels with the stock PPF on the rear doors, so they re-did that as well. Overall I'm happy,

Did they wrap the edges or is there a mm or two gap on the panels? On mine they tried to wrap the first time and then went the easier route the second time. I like that my hood is wrapped.
Wrapped it. Several days later and no signs of anything coming up or needing attention.

Reactions: SirSycho and DrGriz
Alas, after 255 days I HAVE BEEN VINNED! Like Lana S. I am getting an Austin build. It now seems rather ironic since I originally ordered in July of 21 and then put on hold until releasing the hold in December in hopes of getting the Model Y 2.0 with the promised 4680 batteries from the upcoming factory in Austin.

WELL...I DID get the Austin build, but still the same 2170 batteries. I would have probably accepted a horse and buggy with a touch screen at this point, so no hard feelings :cool: . I am glad I held strong...I was soooo tempted to upgrade to the performance or FSD to try and get my car earlier after watching dozens of my penpals on this site get their cars, many ordering well after I did.

So I will stick with my vanilla order (except for the hitch) and know that it was worth the 8 1/2 month wait and the bonus that I have now saved 12k over ordering today.

Hang in there fellow long timers - your day will come !

Last edited:
Alas, after 255 days I HAVE BEEN VINNED! Like Lana S. I am getting an Austin build. It now seems rather ironic since I originally ordered in July of 21 and then put on hold until releasing the hold in December in hopes of getting the Model Y 2.0 with the promised 4680 batteries from the upcoming factory in Austin.

WELL...I DID get the Austin build, but still the same 2170 batteries. I would have probably accepted a horse and buggy with a touch screen at this point, so no hard feelings :cool: . I am glad I held strong...I was soooo tempted to upgrade to the performance or FSD to try and get my car earlier after watching dozens of my penpals on this site get their cars, many ordering well after I did.

So I will stick with my vanilla order (except for the hitch) and know that it was worth the 8 1/2 month wait and the bonus that I have now saved 12k over ordering today.

Hang in there fellow long timers - your day will come !
Congratulations 🎉
When is your DD?

So I picked up today at SLC - VIN F521.

Overall pretty simple process - definitely different from my first Tesla experience when I picked up my P95+ and they had the big red bow and all the fanfare. I have the new doors, and it came with the mobile charger with the normal 110v plug and the public charging adapter. I was told by the SA that all cars built prior to August 15th 2022 will have the mobile charger. He looked and saw that mine was built on the 13th so I just made it.

Car was relatively clean and build quality a lot nicer then some of the first MY's I have seen. Unfortunately there was a dent, they wouldn't even bother to come out and look at it. They pretty much said I could deny delivery and get back in line or accept and then they would fix it. So I had to accept delivery and then take pictures of the dent and schedule service so it was documented etc.

It is a small dent that can easily be taken care of with a paintless dent removal guy... it's just silly that they have had the vehicle for a few days now and it was super noticeable. My buddy and I instantly saw it as we walked up to the vehicle. Why not get it fixed before I got there???

Anyway drove it home from SLC to Idaho Falls and it was a blast. I love it. Now I need to steal it back from my wife who's out joy riding as I type.

Attachments

• IMG_1886.jpeg
    IMG_1886.jpeg
    398.7 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1887.jpeg
    IMG_1887.jpeg
    378.9 KB · Views: 36
Oh I forgot - one main question. I need help. Is there anyway to set up my home location if my address does not pop up into the type box? We are in a fairly new development and my address will not auto populate. It would be great to get this set up for all the "not while at home" options you can select in settings etc.

Well, I finally joined the Tesla ownership group yesterday picking up my Model Y in Boise. Delivery went fairly smooth, although I felt like they wanted to rush me a little since they had a few others scheduled as well. Felt a little cheated getting my car from Austin instead of Fremont since I didn't get the new Matrix lights (that they are now providing for a while), or the new door trim, and I didn't even get the mobile connector (just a voucher to have one shipped at a later date.) Also, since it was made in Austin I didn't get the small PPF patch or the mud flaps. (they said they will schedule an appointment, when they are back in stock.)

The car had a couple of flaws in the paint, but nothing to refuse over. Got it home and immediately went to work on the ceramic coating which I did myself. A big thanks to "csrpenfab" for all of the help with instruction and for leading towards the best product. I used "Avalon King" if anyone is interested, and it was fairly straight forward even for a novice like me. It was a little long (5hrs.) to complete all the steps. Wash, clay bar, iso alc, prep and then the application of the ceramic coating. It turned out great, and I am sure it will never look better than it does this morning. I will send pics in an upcoming post.

Love the car so far, however I am lost trying to apply all the tech. I am sure that will come with time. One thing I did get was one year of premium connectivity...I thought that was only one month? Oh well, I'll take it.

The 261 day wait is over. Let the adventure begin...