Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Illinois Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Your profile is incomplete... fill out the pre-delivery tasks ASAP in order to make sure you take delivery.

for insurance, any current valid insurance works, you don't have to worry about updating.
for payment do cash and then when you get a VIN assigned you'll have 2-3 weeks to figure out financing or lease (this way you don't need to keep trade in/ finance options and they won't ping your credit)

those are the most important steps, but make sure those pre-delivery tasks are filled out. It seems premature but Tesla just needs to relabel them as "I want the car options"
Thanks for the tip. They never did ask me to show any proof of insurance, I had an order placed in May 2021 that I cancelled but gave them proof of insurance before I cancelled it.....wonder if they have kept that since I already had a file before. As for the cash payment, I am waiting for my loan quote to expire, then I'll change it to cash. Already removed my trade in even though I plan to trade in a car since it is pointless at this time since it I need to refresh it every month for the trade in price to be updated.

Reactions: ajs847
Picked up my MYLR today (6/11) at 12:00 at the Schaumburg dealer. Order date was 10/26/21. It was the quickest auto dealer transaction I've ever had. They had a tent set up outside with a big sign "New Car Pickup Here". Walked up and gave my name and he pointed to my car. I inspected the outside but couldnt get inside until I handed over the cashiers check. Everything was immaculate. Fit and Finish was excellent. Nothing was wrong. Walked back to the tent, signed 3 forms, he attached the temporary plates and I was on my way. It took all of about 15 minutes. I gotta say, this car is fun to drive.

The dealer's parking lot was filled with new cars. In fact, I couldnt find a place to park because it was that filled. Also, on the way there, I passed a truck carrying 5 MYs going somewhere else. A lot of people are going to be very happy this coming week.

IMG_0053.jpg

Picked up my MYLR today (6/11) at 12:00 at the Schaumburg dealer. Order date was 10/26/21. It was the quickest auto dealer transaction I've ever had. They had a tent set up outside with a big sign "New Car Pickup Here". Walked up and gave my name and he pointed to my car. I inspected the outside but couldnt get inside until I handed over the cashiers check. Everything was immaculate. Fit and Finish was excellent. Nothing was wrong. Walked back to the tent, signed 3 forms, he attached the temporary plates and I was on my way. It took all of about 15 minutes. I gotta say, this car is fun to drive.

The dealer's parking lot was filled with new cars. In fact, I couldnt find a place to park because it was that filled. Also, on the way there, I passed a truck carrying 5 MYs going somewhere else. A lot of people are going to be very happy this coming week.
congratulations 🎉🎉

Congrats! Glad to hear the positive feedback on the Schaumburg dealer. Ordered mine online, but supposed to be picking up my MYP from the same location between the 19th-22nd. Got the text about my MYP leaving the factory on the 10th, so unfortunately the truck with 5 MYs wasn’t carrying one of mine. So close to the July 1st rebate qualification, but I don’t think I can handle putting my delivery on hold and having to wait for who knows how long for another delivery. Decisions, decisions…..maybe I’ll get lucky and it’ll be delayed by a week during delivery from the factory.

Congrats! Glad to hear the positive feedback on the Schaumburg dealer. Ordered mine online, but supposed to be picking up my MYP from the same location between the 19th-22nd. Got the text about my MYP leaving the factory on the 10th, so unfortunately the truck with 5 MYs wasn’t carrying one of mine. So close to the July 1st rebate qualification, but I don’t think I can handle putting my delivery on hold and having to wait for who knows how long for another delivery. Decisions, decisions…..maybe I’ll get lucky and it’ll be delayed by a week during delivery from the factory.
I know the feeling, and you are closer then I. I picked up 3 weeks ago but was afraid to delay until July after waiting so long and random delays or missing items such as the charging port issue last month.

While $4k is hard to pass up, I was too worried something would happen and I would have to wait longer.

BTW, do you have a VIN yet? If not, don’t think on it too hard yet. It usually takes at least 10 days for your car to travel from Fremont and a day or so to prep. Plus, we are at EOQ, so may ship to west coast to get as many deliveries in as possible.

I know the feeling, and you are closer then I. I picked up 3 weeks ago but was afraid to delay until July after waiting so long and random delays or missing items such as the charging port issue last month.

While $4k is hard to pass up, I was too worried something would happen and I would have to wait longer.

BTW, do you have a VIN yet? If not, don’t think on it too hard yet. It usually takes at least 10 days for your car to travel from Fremont and a day or so to prep. Plus, we are at EOQ, so may ship to west coast to get as many deliveries in as possible.
I received my VIN on Monday last week, and the text about leaving the factory on Friday. I’m hoping I’ll be so happy with the vehicle, that I’ll not think about the $4k after delivery.

View attachment 815621
Did you MY come from Austin or Fremont?

I just received a new EDD for my PMY, I was sitting on 15 - 28 June. If Tesla was going to try and EOQ me I was going to reject it to be eligible for the new IL $4K cash rebate. But 5 minutes ago a new EDD popped in, (8 Aug - 12 Sep). That’s perfect for us. We have two long road trips planned between now and mid July and I’d rather put those miles on the 2020 LR AWD than the new P. We do have a trip planned for mid Sept so we’ll see which vehicle we have. Hopefully we are rewarded with some new feature.

Reactions: BGOwner
I just received a new EDD for my PMY, I was sitting on 15 - 28 June. If Tesla was going to try and EOQ me I was going to reject it to be eligible for the new IL $4K cash rebate. But 5 minutes ago a new EDD popped in, (8 Aug - 12 Sep). That’s perfect for us. We have two long road trips planned between now and mid July and I’d rather put those miles on the 2020 LR AWD than the new P. We do have a trip planned for mid Sept so we’ll see which vehicle we have. Hopefully we are rewarded with some new feature.
Assuming you are satisfied with the MY since you ordered another one, but curious about your long term ownership.

I've had my MY for 8 months, but that's certainly not 2+ years. Curious how your lifetime effeciency has been, any major repairs, fixes from tesla?

Assuming you are satisfied with the MY since you ordered another one, but curious about your long term ownership.

I've had my MY for 8 months, but that's certainly not 2+ years. Curious how your lifetime effeciency has been, any major repairs, fixes from tesla?
We have a MYP and MSLR on order. Both were ordered in my name, however, the MYP will be my wife's. Will Tesla allow me to change the MYP to my wife's name so we can take advantage of the Illinois rebate for both cars? If so, how would I do that? The SA we have been using is not always very informed.

We have a MYP and MSLR on order. Both were ordered in my name, however, the MYP will be my wife's. Will Tesla allow me to change the MYP to my wife's name so we can take advantage of the Illinois rebate for both cars? If so, how would I do that? The SA we have been using is not always very informed.
For what it's worth, I have read afew posts where they will not let anyone change the name even in one case where it was somebody's father that had passed away. I believe they have a strict policy to combat people trying to sell their reservations. In that case they told them they could but in the end refused. I was wondering if Illinois was going by address or name for same situation. Will they for sure allow husband and wife to get a rebate?

Reactions: ajs847
I didn't think there was an official statement on this yet.
Austin Tesla Model Y's are different models, they're labeled as "50D"... 279 mile EPA range AWD, so kind of a standard range AWD model.

I would talk to a tax pro, if you and your wife have filed taxes together in the past it could be construed as fraud to try to claim the rebate twice, but I don't know the specifics of the law, maybe they allow multiple claims of the tax credit to claimants.

I do know that once you have an order in with Tesla, they typically can't change the name of the reservation holder.

Austin Tesla Model Y's are different models, they're labeled as "50D"... 279 mile EPA range AWD, so kind of a standard range AWD model.

I would talk to a tax pro, if you and your wife have filed taxes together in the past it could be construed as fraud to try to claim the rebate twice, but I don't know the specifics of the law, maybe they allow multiple claims of the tax credit to claimants.

I do know that once you have an order in with Tesla, they typically can't change the name of the reservation holder.
Its not a tax credit. It a direct rebate, nothing to do with taxes

Reactions: BGOwner