Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Illinois Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
read the law, there's no other way to know. Either it's limited or not by household and spouses.

Either way, Tesla will not change the name on a reservation, your better off placing a new order under your wife's name now.
They are still finalizing the rules and it will be released on July first when it starts. It's not very clear what the specifics are yet. The law gives vague rules for the department in charge to create a plan. only hard facts seem to be $4000 rebate and must buy after July 1st from an Illinois dealer. we will know more when they release the application.

They are still finalizing the rules and it will be released on July first when it starts. It's not very clear what the specifics are yet. The law gives vague rules for the department in charge to create a plan. only hard facts seem to be $4000 rebate and must buy after July 1st from an Illinois dealer. we will know more when they release the application.
Either way, it sounds like your going to drop $170k+ on two luxury cars, is a tax rebate on less than ~10% of that total sum worth it to freak out?

I kind of hope they put an income/ price per vehicle cap on this rebate.

Either way, it sounds like your going to drop $170k+ on two luxury cars, is a tax rebate on less than ~10% of that total sum worth it to freak out?

I kind of hope they put an income/ price per vehicle cap on this rebate.
What are you talking about. I was answering someones question. No one is freaking out. There is no income cap on it only that low income will be prioritized to get faster. Sounds like you think it would be a waste of time to take thousands of dollars because the vehicles are already so expensive. Hmmmm

Oh i get it, you took the car before July 1 so you're just bitter
my bad, meant to quote carlos danger who brought up the rebate who said he's buying a MS and MY...

not bitter, I was happy to get a tax refund on my WC installation, just indifferent and I think with the deficit our state is running the last thing they should be doing is giving out free money to those fortunate enough to shell out tesla money.

my bad, meant to quote carlos danger who brought up the rebate who said he's buying a MS and MY...

not bitter, I was happy to get a tax refund on my WC installation, just indifferent and I think with the deficit our state is running the last thing they should be doing is giving out free money to those fortunate enough to shell out tesla money.
I didn’t think he was freaking out. Just asking if he could change names. I agree Illinois in no position to give out money. But I won’t turn it down. Have a good one.

Assuming you are satisfied with the MY since you ordered another one, but curious about your long term ownership.

I've had my MY for 8 months, but that's certainly not 2+ years. Curious how your lifetime effeciency has been, any major repairs, fixes from tesla?
Absolutely LOVE of 2020 LR AWD Y. Ordered on June 29th, 2020, built on July 12th, and delivered on July 28th, 2020. Here are my current stats.
c8rl6yy.jpg

Over 9K of the total miles are "road trip" miles from southern IL to southern MD via I-64 to visit our grandkids. Trip A was reset on Feb 21st when we returned from our last trip to MD so it's essentially "metro-east" driving with two trips to STL IAP, the ZOO, and various locations over in St Louis. The stats speak for themselves.

As for the car after the initial post-delivery QC issues we ID'd and were ALL fixed by the Chesterfield Service Center I have had only TWO WARRANTY claims, one was for the Heat Pump High-Pressure Values many early Y's needed replacing and a fog light that "fogged" over and was repaired by a mobile tech. I still have the factory wiper blades (I use Rain-X) and cabin filters (no stinky smell - yet) rotated the tires just once at 15K miles and they were ALL at 7/32nds. I have had no real complaints or issues. I did add partial PPF, tinted the door glass added the Performance Boost Upgrade, GPS HomeLink, PWS and a bunch of other accessories that will stay with the car. I did pay $450 to replace the side repeater cameras with the newer ones to eliminate the nighttime glare issues when using the cameras for Blind Spot monitoring. I also had the wheels painted GLOSS Black and the calipers GLOSS RED.
9JmCxki.jpg

I have it listed as a trade on my order but if Tesla lowballs me I'll try a private sale, then an online buyer.

Whoever buys my Y will be getting a great pre-owned Y.

Congrats! Glad to hear the positive feedback on the Schaumburg dealer. Ordered mine online, but supposed to be picking up my MYP from the same location between the 19th-22nd. Got the text about my MYP leaving the factory on the 10th, so unfortunately the truck with 5 MYs wasn’t carrying one of mine. So close to the July 1st rebate qualification, but I don’t think I can handle putting my delivery on hold and having to wait for who knows how long for another delivery. Decisions, decisions…..maybe I’ll get lucky and it’ll be delayed by a week during delivery from the factory.
When was your order date and what were the specs on your MYP build?

Absolutely LOVE of 2020 LR AWD Y. Ordered on June 29th, 2020, built on July 12th, and delivered on July 28th, 2020. Here are my current stats.
c8rl6yy.jpg

Over 9K of the total miles are "road trip" miles from southern IL to southern MD via I-64 to visit our grandkids. Trip A was reset on Feb 21st when we returned from our last trip to MD so it's essentially "metro-east" driving with two trips to STL IAP, the ZOO, and various locations over in St Louis. The stats speak for themselves.

As for the car after the initial post-delivery QC issues we ID'd and were ALL fixed by the Chesterfield Service Center I have had only TWO WARRANTY claims, one was for the Heat Pump High-Pressure Values many early Y's needed replacing and a fog light that "fogged" over and was repaired by a mobile tech. I still have the factory wiper blades (I use Rain-X) and cabin filters (no stinky smell - yet) rotated the tires just once at 15K miles and they were ALL at 7/32nds. I have had no real complaints or issues. I did add partial PPF, tinted the door glass added the Performance Boost Upgrade, GPS HomeLink, PWS and a bunch of other accessories that will stay with the car. I did pay $450 to replace the side repeater cameras with the newer ones to eliminate the nighttime glare issues when using the cameras for Blind Spot monitoring. I also had the wheels painted GLOSS Black and the calipers GLOSS RED.
9JmCxki.jpg

I have it listed as a trade on my order but if Tesla lowballs me I'll try a private sale, then an online buyer.

Whoever buys my Y will be getting a great pre-owned Y.
That is awesome to hear and thanks for the details!

I only have 4k miles so far, unfortunately we haven't taken any road trips longer than a few hundred miles from home, but my efficiency appears in line with yours.

Thanks!

Did you MY come from Austin or Fremont?
MYP coming from Fremont.
When was your order date and what were the specs on your MYP build?
Ordered on 3/5/22. Ordered a Deep Blue Metallic MYP with black interior. No trailer hitch, no FSD.

Just received an updated delivery date in the Tesla app of 6/14-6/19. I’m excited that delivery is almost here, but I was hoping the delivery date would slip past July 1st due to the rebate.

I was hoping the delivery date would slip past July 1st due to the rebate.
Is this one of those cases where you might make a change to the order to get a delay? 😭 But really, when you resell the car the next buyer should get the rebate, so it's not totally thrown away I believe (if I read the IL websites correctly)

Also hi everyone, I just ordered my first Tesla. Wanted an MYLR, but got a Red Performance to get it sooner. July 14-August 18 window right now, after ordering June 9th (Aug-Oct window on the website at the time of ordering).

Reactions: voom500
Just received a dose of reality yesterday with a new EDD:

MYP MSM/black, no tow, no FSD (IL)

OD: 05/11
EDD1 on 05/11 (07/28 to 09/8)
EDD2 on 05/21 (07/27 to 08/31)
EDD3 on 06/1 (06/17 to 07/1)
EDD4 on 06/6 (06/15 to 06/28)
EDD5 on 06/13 (08/12 to 09/8)
EDD6 on TBD

But that's cool, it's now guaranteed I'll be eligible for the new IL $4K EV Cash rebate plus any new features Tesla might include before mine goes into production.

Reactions: merc65fd
MYP OD is 3/10 and scheduled delivery is this week. Anyone know if MYP comes with the mobile connectors? First time buyer and I am not prepared with home charging unit. 😞
I asked the same question and my SA said yes. But if it isn't shipped with the car (some aren't) that they'll owe you the kit when available. You should also have PPF near the rear wheels on the fender/door area and front mud flaps. Same situation if they don't come with the car when delivered.

So, I am still waiting for my duplicate title from DMV for the car I want to trade in. It was supposed to be here this week and I have my delivery scheduled later this week. 😬 Anyone encounter a similar situation where the title isn’t available on the day of trade-in/ delivery ?

Just received a dose of reality yesterday with a new EDD:

MYP MSM/black, no tow, no FSD (IL)

OD: 05/11
EDD1 on 05/11 (07/28 to 09/8)
EDD2 on 05/21 (07/27 to 08/31)
EDD3 on 06/1 (06/17 to 07/1)
EDD4 on 06/6 (06/15 to 06/28)
EDD5 on 06/13 (08/12 to 09/8)
EDD6 on TBD

But that's cool, it's now guaranteed I'll be eligible for the new IL $4K EV Cash rebate plus any new features Tesla might include before mine goes into production.
Did you get an update? I just changed my order from MYLR to MYP. So, curious

Update: I got my MYLR on Monday! I got the text/email last Friday and was able to pick it up Monday. I know I missed the $4k rebate, but I've been so excited that I couldn't wait any longer. The rebate is likely why I was able to get it out of the blue because others prob passed on their delivery.

My EDD was Sept/Oct prior to the text. I figure I can get $4k worth of enjoyment out of it the next couple weeks!

The car looks great and is so fun to drive! No issues at all and everything is working great. Happy to have it!

Got my VIN yesterday too. MYP, VIN F460. Date is June 17-21, picking up on Grand Ave. Ordered Feb 16.
The rebate thing is bothering me a lot, I'm feeling unsure of how to proceed. I suspect delaying won't really help me because it could be a few months before I see another car, at which point the rebate will be used up.
Just wanted to follow up here. I took delivery last Thursday AM, June 16. MYP Silver no FSD. I decided that further waiting wasn't worth it for me for a number of reasons. I probably would have saved some money (with the rebate), but it wouldn't have been the entire $4k because I had an expiring lease I would have had to keep paying (throwing money into the garbage) and interest rates on auto loans are only going up right now. Plus the anticipation was killing me. :)

I came from a Model 3, and prior to that from a model S (60D). I think this MYP is my favorite of all. The S was too large but was an awesome car. The 3 was great but too small and didn't handle anything like the S. This P version of the Y hits a sweet spot for me- bigger than the 3 but smaller than the S (8" shorter and 2" less wide). It is fast as all f*** and the handling is superb with the stock wide tires. This thing sticks to the road much better than the 3 I had, it reminds me of the S much more. I don't find the ride particularly rough, I know others sometimes have issues with that. I love the looks, especially with the spoiler, wide tires, and uberterbine wheels.

Delivery was very easy at Grand Ave If you are a prior Tesla owner it's pretty seamless. If not you might have some questions and take a bit more time. They even transferred my old plates (nice low EL number that I didn't want to give up). Total time I spent was less than 45 minutes, which included returning my lease, transferring plates, setting up the new car in my app and general walking around smiling.

I find the build quality much better than my 2019 Model 3. Gaps are pretty uniform. Paint finish is good. The only flaw I found was that one headlight sits slightly higher than the other. I'm ok with that, it took a lot of looking to find that, I don't think I'll have it adjusted.

As others have pointed out- there is no 14-50 adaptor, so for now I'm trickle charging in my garage. When it comes back into stock I'll buy one from Tesla. NBD.