Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Illinois Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered LRAWD with no options in Nov 2021. Original delivery date stated with May-June ‘22, but had slipped all the way to January 2023…and I was happy to be eligible for the new tax break!

Within days of the announcement I can only assume there were widespread cancellations, as my EDD almost immediately shifted to October 21-December 2!!! NOT HAPPY, as I’m not in a rush!

Had been hoping for an Austin 4680, but that seems like it’ll never happen. Now I’d just like to get the rebate. I ordered in Nov 21 after watching the $10K in price increases in the realization the proposed $10K rebate in Biden’s BBB would make it a wash! Plans, huh?!

Accordingly, I’ll be looking to push off my delivery until Jan ‘23 (like many others). I have not filled out any financing info. It looks like the website “defaulted” to Schaumburg for me, as I’d planned on using Highland Park(?).

Any advice on getting the requested delays and any info on if Schaumburg or HP is a better delivery location (SCH is closer) or even if changing location will have any effect on any delay.

New member. Be gentle. Thanks for any and all input.
I also have a Nov 2021 order - details about my order and EDD are in my signature (Oct-Dec range) Still waiting

Happy for you all getting your VIN, I got pushed AGAIN! Only a few days though, still hoping it’s a good sign.
0837CBA6-60D6-4D8A-A71D-C814D376B986.jpeg

Waiting on my MYP (EDD 9/6-10/11) and have a buddy who just got assigned his VIN yesterday on his LR Y ordered in October 2021. I work nearby the STL Tesla location and stopped in over lunch break to see if I could spot his on the lot (not yet). At the same time, I saw several MYPs waiting delivery. Interestingly, two Y's (one MYP and one LR - both Fremont built) had the new door panels. Both were F514XXX VINs. I also noticed two other Fremont Y's (one MYP and one LR) that did NOT have the new panels. These two actually had the higher VIN numbers (F516XXX).

So for those of you hoping for the new door panels (or not hoping for the new panels), it appears there are some VINS under the F517XXX with the new door panels.

Reactions: merc65fd
Received a pre-delivery call from Melissa Reyna (Indoor Operations Las Vegas) she wanted to review my registration info and confirm they finally received my trade-in photos and would be receiving my offer in 24 hours. The app didn’t let me process my trade-in (took some digging but finally found a human to help). She also confirmed my car should arrive in Bloomington on the 24th so early next week I should see the available delivery date’s. While I had her on the phone (since she was so helpful) I asked her if she could see what tires are on my PMY and she confirmed Michelins - YEA.

Oh and since the 29th of July when I queried it, the Tesla online Trade-In tool now shows the value of my 2020 LR Y has dropped by $2600 - $56,400 - $60,400. So even if Tesla comes in at $56K with the IL tax break I’ll beat any third party offer I received to date by at least $1000. Von Zipper II is getting closer.

Last edited:
Reactions: stlght3
Reactions: Logic335
I could be wrong but I was thinking it’s if you have current plates that were on another vehicle that your are transferring
My registration for current car expires end of this month and Edd is sep 12 - Oct 17. I think I’ll have to renew registration because Carmax requires current registration for selling your car to them. Anyone know if we can transfer regular plates to Tesla or it has to be the EL plates

My registration for current car expires end of this month and Edd is sep 12 - Oct 17. I think I’ll have to renew registration because Carmax requires current registration for selling your car to them. Anyone know if we can transfer regular plates to Tesla or it has to be the EL plates
You can only transfer if your previous car was an EV. Even if they were brand new unless they are EV you have to apply again.

Congratulations! I'm envious!
Thank you! You’re next.

For those who purchased a vehicle already, does the MVPA update itself when adding trade ins/finance. I accepted my trade in and changed to financing but so far the MVPA has not updated with those yet. Tax savings for trade in is also unchanged. Does it take time or I have to ask a SA to manually update it? I asked a SA and he said it’ll update closer to delivery/when I set up my delivery date. Is that true?

Reactions: PaulSeivert