Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Illinois Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I sold my last Tesla in April. My new one is being delivered tomorrow. I want to transfer my EL plates from my last car as they have a rather low number.
However, the local Tesla center is saying I can't because "the car I sold has already been titled with someone else"??!
That clearly makes no sense as I sold it to a guy out of state and I've always been under the impression the plates stay with the owner, not the car.
Also, I easily transferred these same plates on my prior car from my first Tesla.
Am I crazy?

I sold my last Tesla in April. My new one is being delivered tomorrow. I want to transfer my EL plates from my last car as they have a rather low number.
However, the local Tesla center is saying I can't because "the car I sold has already been titled with someone else"??!
That clearly makes no sense as I sold it to a guy out of state and I've always been under the impression the plates stay with the owner, not the car.
Also, I easily transferred these same plates on my prior car from my first Tesla.
Am I crazy?
Check with the DMV.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220812-064722_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220812-064722_Chrome.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 69
Reactions: Carlos Danger
I’ve seen sooner. Despite what they say. A rejected car can be days.
Mine was the 3-5 day range, Vin on Saturday at 10 AM and had to pick before Wednesday EOD. The car arrived at the Schaumburg dealership on Monday at 3 PM and I took delivery on Wednesday. They had to put Mud flaps and PPF and other clean up prior to the actual delivery. This was an Austin build.

Reactions: voom500
Hello. Thought I would join in here. Ordered late December with late May delivery, then August, wait July, no June, back to July, then... November 2023 to February 2023. So I gave up. Quit checking. Then about 6 weeks ago I checked and boom... August 19-September 23. Stayed there until two days ago when it became August 23-September 20. Today it now gave me my first 2 week block...August 25-September 8. Bloomington pickup. MYLR White, with tow. Let's see what happens....

Just picked up my new Y and have a question on what needs to be provided for the Illinois Rebate Form.
Of the four documents it asks for, I am curious as to what everyone provides for two items on the list.

* Documentation of proof of purchase, such as a copy of a cancelled check, an invoice or bill showing the applicable amount has been paid or loan documents.

We took out a loan and made a down payment via cashiers check. what do we provide? This Y is for my wife and the registration is in her name. However, the loan was in my name.

* We have temporary plates. What do we provide to show Illinois vehicle registration?

Just picked up my new Y and have a question on what needs to be provided for the Illinois Rebate Form.
Of the four documents it asks for, I am curious as to what everyone provides for two items on the list.

* Documentation of proof of purchase, such as a copy of a cancelled check, an invoice or bill showing the applicable amount has been paid or loan documents.

We took out a loan and made a down payment via cashiers check. what do we provide? This Y is for my wife and the registration is in her name. However, the loan was in my name.

* We have temporary plates. What do we provide to show Illinois vehicle registration?
They told me a copy of the temp registration. Don't know if that means the plate itself or if there is paper work since I haven't received my car yet