Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Illinois Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I’m both happy and nervous and crap just got real. I scheduled my pick up date today for next Monday December 5th🎉🎉🤗. My friend saw a trailer with a bunch of gray and black colored Model Y at the Naperville store this past Saturday and she figured that one of them might be mine 🤣🤣

Reactions: SEB1230
Well, I’m both happy and nervous and crap just got real. I scheduled my pick up date today for next Monday December 5th🎉🎉🤗. My friend saw a trailer with a bunch of gray and black colored Model Y at the Naperville store this past Saturday and she figured that one of them might be mine 🤣🤣

Yipee! And if there was a white/black in there too, it could be mine. My pickup is scheduled for the 6th ot the 8th. It is maybe 20 degrees warmer on the 6th, so I might try to get it then, if they can do it. I'm getting anxious.

Reactions: slvervper99
Just wanted to confirm, I have an EDD for Jan 16-30th. After applying, and if I'm accepted, I'll be sent a 4k rebate check? Is there anything else required/ to it?
Just be sure to take all required paperwork with you when you pickup yours so you can mail it the same day or next day. Also print out the this page from the link and just highlight saying temporary permit is acceptable if you are getting new plates. If you have existing plates, that's even better. Have the dealer fill out the Dealer license # etc. and you should be set.

1673300437110.png

Reactions: Bob Marley
According to the IL EPA, they had 9.7 million dollars left in the EV rebate fund before the latest window opened. As long as you are one of the first 2425 submissions during this window, you should get the full 4K dollars. There were 2,052 submissions as of 12/22/22, so they are pretty close to them running out of funds if anyone hasn't submitted an application already.

I submitted my rebate on November 10th and haven't received a denial letter or check.

According to the IL EPA, they had 9.7 million dollars left in the EV rebate fund before the latest window opened. As long as you are one of the first 2425 submissions during this window, you should get the full 4K dollars. There were 2,052 submissions as of 12/22/22, so they are pretty close to them running out of funds if anyone hasn't submitted an application already.

I submitted my rebate on November 10th and haven't received a denial letter or check.
Thanks for the info and sorry. I guess I should expect a long term wait then. I do vaguely remember one member here getting the check within 4 weeks, thus the reason I'm asking. But it is a lot of money I suppose to just send out just like that. I wished they just did direct deposit.

It's been about 2 months and no acknowledgement of the rebate I sent in.

Illinois announced today (Jan. 11, 2023) that all the requests for the rebate that hadn't yet been processed will be denied, as the allocation of funds has been exhausted. My paperwork was sent in one month ago, so I don't have any idea if it had been processed before today, or if they haven't got to yet. Might not know for another month or so. Given that the price of the Y I bought at the old price before all the December sales offers Tesla bundled with them, that and the price dropping by $13,000 today, I might be doubly, triply or quadruply screwed.

Illinois announced today (Jan. 11, 2023) that all the requests for the rebate that hadn't yet been processed will be denied, as the allocation of funds has been exhausted. My paperwork was sent in one month ago, so I don't have any idea if it had been processed before today, or if they haven't got to yet. Might not know for another month or so. Given that the price of the Y I bought at the old price before all the December sales offers Tesla bundled with them, that and the price dropping by $13,000 today, I might be doubly, triply or quadruply screwed.
Wow that’s terrible. I guess if they didn’t acknowledge it then they haven’t processed it.