Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Boost Modules [aftermarket]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems like a huge lawsuit waiting to happen if they were to do that. SIM card and/or modem fails and person is then locked out of driving the vehicle. I need to get out of a dangerous situation using my vehicle, but Tesla has bricked my car because the SIM or modem failed (or I unplugged it)...
Completely agree with you on this one. I think their reply would be "We cannot allow you to drive a dangerously modified vehicle that we manufactured"....Or something of the like.

But my performance does 0-60mph in 3.00 seconds on the street, with all season tires. So 3.10 isn't getting performance numbers.
Is this Dragy or Vbox? Please post the results.

EDIT: Looked on Dragy and the best Model 3 time I see is 3.16 and this is slightly modified. Am I missing yours?

IMG_4205.png

Last edited:
Is this Dragy or Vbox? Please post the results.

EDIT: Looked on Dragy and the best Model 3 time I see is 3.16 and this is slightly modified. Am I missing yours?

Gotta count the rollout, like every spec tester does.this is mine, I'm right below him... And it goes to show you don't need ps4s or crazy sticky tires to do this. It was continental all seasons at 45psi because I was doing a top speed run & not focusing on 0-60. Am 100% certain I could drop the tire pressure and get around the same times he has.

Screenshot_20200530-052324.png

• Disagree
Reactions: Stickboy46
Looking more and more like it will be time to sell when the warranty runs out on a Tesla. I hate being trapped like a rat by a car manufacturer.
Same here. It's the only thing that gives me anxiety about this car. Not that other manufacturers don't do this, but it's way easier for Tesla to do it on a whim & a lot harder for us to unwind it. It'd be a shame, too, because the Model 3 is stupid easy to work on. It could be a DIYer's dream if they loaded everything you need onto the car's computer. Commands to drain the coolant, instructions, specs, etc. Battery replacements could conceivably cost <$6 or $7K if Tesla allowed indys to do a plug & play a swap. Especially after the Chinese inevitably reverse-engineer the entire car & start selling aftermarket battery packs on Alibaba for $3,000.

I've saved untold thousands of dollars through DIYs that any dunce with a basic tool kit from Costco could do in an empty parking lot. Relying on my own devices to get from point A to B really matters to me - if Tesla were to take this away, it'd be my last one. Right to Repair is a serious issue that'll only get more important as the answer to "do I really own my car?" becomes increasingly nebulous.

Yes but if you will need to have major work done even after warranty, they will denied it. Plus they could lock you out of updates and superchargers.
wat

Looking more and more like it will be time to sell when the warranty runs out on a Tesla. I hate being trapped like a rat by a car manufacturer.

Sell now. PLEASE, sell now. !!

-Resale is good.
-Think of how happy you’ll be once you have a regular car.
-All the stress of complaining will be gone.
That’s gotta be a good thing for you.
Certainly us...

Please Please sell.

Last edited:
I must have missed a post. Did Tesla day they won’t allow repairs to the car from anyone other than Tesla ?

I know he has not issues with after market physical mods. He stated that in a recent interview.
Software hacks are different of course.

Did I get that wrong. Did Tesla state that you can’t repair the car yourself ?

I must have missed a post. Did Tesla day they won’t allow repairs to the car from anyone other than Tesla ?

I know he has not issues with after market physical mods. He stated that in a recent interview.
Software hacks are different of course.

Did I get that wrong. Did Tesla state that you can’t repair the car yourself ?

Many repairs are currently impossible because Tesla will not sell/license/give-access-to the software and passwords required to activate the replacement parts.

Reactions: Dolemite
Many repairs are currently impossible because Tesla will not sell/license/give-access-to the software and passwords required to activate the replacement parts.

Ah. So I did miss that.
Could that be, because they want to ensure the software and hardware repairs are in Sync for safety reasons ?

I know for sure that malfunctions, accidents, or breakdowns, resulting from Software Hardware conflict mods will be blamed on Tesla.
If you owned Tesla, would you want that headache. ?

Last edited:
Ah. So I did miss that.
Could that be, because they want to ensure the software and hardware repairs are in Sync for safety reasons ?

I know for sure that malfunctions, accidents, or breakdowns, resulting from Software Hardware conflict mods will be blamed on Tesla.
If you owned Tesla, would you want that headache. ?
de ‘ole shakedown disguised as safety trick. This can be debated ad infinitum, but the fact of the matter is if you think they’re locking things down purely out of concern for safety, I have a bridge to sell you.