Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Initial 1000 HW2 cars getting AP software 12/31/16

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Starting the night of the 31st, when the first 1000 in California got the update, my car started having a fan noise above the glove compartment. If I'm in the car and mute the radio, I can hear it all the time but we're pretty sure it never had that noise before the 31st.

I've been hearing that noise since I got my car (which came with .180) on Dec 23. I will tell you if it gets louder but I heard that fan before (its actually kind of annoying).

I'm guessing the update will go out tonight around midnight, just like the original .185 update.
As one in the 1,000 pool that has the update already (and experiencing how actual operational activation comes & goes - per our last post) - I'd suggest by inference, that I wouldn't get too excited, until it runs more than an hour or so each day.
I've been hearing that noise since I got my car (which came with .180) on Dec 23. I will tell you if it gets louder but I heard that fan before (its actually kind of annoying).
We also notice a much higher level of parasitic loss is going on ... in the neighbor hood of about 50%

Couldn't sleep so went for a 15 mile test drive just now (started at 3:30am). The drive was a mix of local and freeway driving.

Unfortunately, there is nothing to report, other than my equalizer reset to +5.0 again. All I got was an error message that said "Autopilot Features Currently Unavailable. Manual Driving Required While Camera Is Calibrating" throughout the entire drive. Since the update installed TACC, I don't even have regular stupid cruise control. Maybe 4am is not the best time to calibrate cameras. Will trying again in daylight.

Also, I really don't like initial caps formatting.

Totochi,
Did you set your alarm for 3:30 again? Next update coming very, very soon. Those torrential Northern California rains, at 4:00am, on a nice curvy road should provide a good indicator of the robustness of the new firmware!

Have at it man! @totochi We are counting on you! ;)

RT

P.S. Please exercise caution, and do not post your impressions from the 17" console until you get to a nice straight stretch of freeway. But no later than 4:30am in any case.

• Funny
Reactions: hiroshiy
IMG_1674.GIF

Pavlov would be proud of EM.

Totochi,
Did you set your alarm for 3:30 again? Next update coming very, very soon. Those torrential Northern California rains, at 4:00am, on a nice curvy road should provide a good indicator of the robustness of the new firmware!

Have at it man! @totochi We are counting on you! ;)

RT

P.S. Please exercise caution, and do not post your impressions from the 17" console until you get to a nice straight stretch of freeway. But no later than 4:30am in any case.
I'm not waiting for 3:30am this time. Going to take the car out as soon as I get the update, assuming I haven't been booted from the list of 1000 after all my whining about 2.50.185 not working.

So in regards to these 'ghost' updates. I got my MS on 12/27 which was already on .180, one of the features i noticed was that the auto lights were ALWAYS on. But just last week i started to notice that when it was really sunny the lights would turn off. I feel something was done/updated to my software, but just a hunch.

When I first got my car it was on .180 on the 23rd and by the 25th it no longer turned its headlights on during the day (unless it was cloudy). I think may be the sensor needs some time to work properly and it might not be an update (or it was part of the ghost update conspiracy). Some people still have the headlight issue.

When I first got my car it was on .180 on the 23rd and by the 25th it no longer turned its headlights on during the day (unless it was cloudy). I think may be the sensor needs some time to work properly and it might not be an update (or it was part of the ghost update conspiracy). Some people still have the headlight issue.

Ah, that could be it. Makes sense. Next ghost fix i need is to constantly show the Speed limit sign.