Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ioniq 5 vs Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perhaps Rivian could do it technically, but I would be worried about structural integrity and, obviously, alignment.

You couldn’t pay me to drive a Kia/Hyundai. Total garbage. 🤣
I have both.
The Hyundai is better in a number of ways.
I enjoy each for what they offer.
Arbitrary dismissal evidences lack of objectivity.
Time for Tesla to step up it's styling game and reduce its price.
OBJECTS IN THE REAR VIEW MIRROR ARE CLOSER THAN THEY APPEAR.

Last edited:
I have both.
The Hyundai is better in a number of ways.
I enjoy each for what they offer.
Arbitrary dismissal evidences lack of objectivity.
Time for Tesla to step up it's styling game and reduce its price.
OBJECTS IN THE REAR VIEW MIRROR ARE CLOSER THAN THEY APPEAR.
whatever.... I agree that Hyundai is better than Kia. However, every time I sit in a Hyundai it still feels Hyundai for 20+ years.

After all is said if you are using your car for daily commute and want a reliable, comfortable, well built car that's what really matters!

Not Rich.

But once in awhile, you want to take your reliable, comfortable, and well built car on a road trip and you think “hell no” because of the garbage charging network. And this somewhat matters.

But once in awhile, you want to take your reliable, comfortable, and well built car on a road trip and you think “hell no” because of the garbage charging network. And this somewhat matters.

Yeah I rather have a car that I can enjoy for daily driving than a "once in a while".

But once in awhile you want to take the poorly built, loud road noise, lack of 360 camera, tradition blindspot and apple carplay and you think "hell no" because of the garbage features. And this somewhat matters.

Until the CCS charging infrastructure improves, I would never think of buying any BEV that uses CCS charging.
I'm not going to have a vehicle that I can not, count on charging (DCFC) away from home.
Cool story, but not every buys a Tesla to charge at supercharges, is it nice to have? Yes but everyone that I personally know charges at home and uses it monday-friday to get to work and run errands.

Reactions: Daekwan
Yeah I rather have a car that I can enjoy for daily driving than a "once in a while".

But once in awhile you want to take the poorly built, loud road noise, lack of 360 camera, tradition blindspot and apple carplay and you think "hell no" because of the garbage features. And this somewhat matters.
I have a well built EV6 and a decently built Tesla but give me the more engaging, far more advanced UI, far better throttle response, better highway power and more efficient experience.

And look, I can even road trip it. To each their own.

Cool story, but not every buys a Tesla to charge at supercharges, is it nice to have? Yes but everyone that I personally know charges at home and uses it monday-friday to get to work and run errands.
Don't get me wrong I charge at home, and only supercharge when road tripping, but for my personal use, if I can't rely on the DCFC infrastructure, I won't own the vehicle. From all of the accounts I've heard lately the CCS infrastructure is a hot mess. I do hope this changes, I love to see a broad set of competition in BEV's it's good for everyone.