Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it possible to drift a Tesla Model 3 on a track better than a 350z?

Is it possible to drift a Tesla Model 3 on a track better than a 350z?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you have a Performance Model 3, you can put 95% of the power to the rear, so drifting should be quite easy/fun. Especially considering it has more power than a 350Z.
Trackmode doesn't, can't, send all it's power to one end or the other. It's actually  cutting power to the end you don't want power. And that's only happening when the wheel is turned. Once you straighten the wheels, the other motor kicks in.

Trackmode doesn't, can't, send all it's power to one end or the other. It's actually  cutting power to the end you don't want power. And that's only happening when the wheel is turned. Once you straighten the wheels, the other motor kicks in.
Bad phrasing on my part, obviously the power from the front motor can't magically transfer to the rear motor.

However, I didn't realize your selection was overridden when the wheels were straight.

Reactions: rpiotro and mgs333
Question is too vague so can only honestly answer maybe! :)

I mean, could a pro drifter drift a Model 3 on a track better than a learner driver in a 350Z? Yes.

Could someone in a Model 3 win a drift competition against someone in a 350Z? Yes, why not?

But in general, all else being equal, discounting any specific circumstances like above, is a Model 3 a 'better' drift machine than a 350Z? Big no, imho!