Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

January 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey y'all!

I ordered my MYLR, black interior, grey exterior in January 2022.
First EDD: June/July 2022
EDD moved to: December 2022
Current EDD: March-June 2023

I saw that if I ordered a Tesla today (with the same specs as the one I ordered in January 2022), I'd have an EDD March -June 2023. I'm kinda confused on why my EDD is so late. It seems that my EDD moves to whatever the EDD is for a car ordered today.

I'm paying cash at delivery. Any tips on who to conctact/what to do? Kinda in need of a car, so contemplating just cancelling the order and getting an EV from elsewhere.

Hey y'all!

I saw that if I ordered a Tesla today (with the same specs as the one I ordered in January 2022), I'd have an EDD March -June 2023. I'm kinda confused on why my EDD is so late. It seems that my EDD moves to whatever the EDD is for a car ordered today.

I'm paying cash at delivery. Any tips on who to conctact/what to do? Kinda in need of a car, so contemplating just cancelling the order and getting an EV from elsewhere.
That’s interesting… your OD is all the way back in January so you should have a sooner delivery date… are you running Gemini wheels on your order or???

I’m guessing your profile is complete… but just have to double check? Is it?

The only person you can really contact is a local SA but there’s only so much they can say before it’s pre-scripted feedback…

… but I wouldn’t run to an EV elsewhere depending on where you’re located… I’ve looked into EV6, Ionic 5, Mach E and dealers are running insane markups… as for ID.4 that’s another good wait… polestar could be the way to go

Nothing seems to make sense anymore. The problem is that no one will tell you anything. I really though that Tesla cared about it's customers, but I'm really beginning to wonder with all this EDD moving around with insane dates coming out. There are 3 GIGA factories producing Model Ys in this world. If it is a problem getting the materials then Tesla should say so and keep us updated on the issues. Not just leave us hanging. With the huge backlog on filling orders, Tesla should never have come out with a MYSR. That is causing a backlog in the MYLR to be even worse because now that is taking up production line time too. And then to push the MYP to the front also causes us MYLR to waiting even longer. Just not fair and not good business practices. I thought Tesla was better than this. If I liked any of the competitors EVs I would have been long gone by now. I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels this way.

Hey y'all!

This is same for me. It is either temporary, or Tesla has chosen to sell mostly Performance ModelY to make this years earnings look better...only for now as the demand is super high.

That’s interesting… your OD is all the way back in January so you should have a sooner delivery date… are you running Gemini wheels on your order or???

I’m guessing your profile is complete… but just have to double check? Is it?

The only person you can really contact is a local SA but there’s only so much they can say before it’s pre-scripted feedback…

… but I wouldn’t run to an EV elsewhere depending on where you’re located… I’ve looked into EV6, Ionic 5, Mach E and dealers are running insane markups… as for ID.4 that’s another good wait… polestar could be the way to go
Thanks for the tips. When I was in December jail a few months ago, I had noticed my profile was incomplete. I completed it, which is why I was so surprised by the recent push in the EDD. I have the 19' wheels.

I had emailed Tesla contact support and submitted an inquiry a few days ago ... haven't gotten a response, but my EDD updated recently to December 20 - February 14! Hoping it stays there or becomes sooner.

The cost of the modelY has gone up $5000 since we ordered in January....I think Tesla aren't too concerned about our orders.
Correct. I don't think so either. They have more than enough orders, so they can treat those of us that are waiting however they want. They keep moving us around like a piece of furniture in our house. I can guarantee you that if those employees were to buy a car and kept getting jerked around, then maybe they would understand how it feels. It would be great if ELON MUSK got jerked around like us. He would change things real quick.