Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Let's say thanks: Pizza for the factory employees

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thought you guys would enjoy the card I made a few weeks ago for the guys at the Watertown Tesla Service Center, in MA.

Gave it to Brian in person. He's normally an understated guy, but he was super stoked!

UjD6sMb.png

Banner Update - 04 Jan 15

Hey Folks:

Here is the latest version of the banner. A couple off notes:
  • As I was playing around with the signature image files, they were breaking down as I scaled them and not looking so hot. I could convert them to vector graphics, but frankly, don't have the time to do that, so I punted on that. Sorry I could not make that work out (I have deleted any image files folks sent me).
  • Still playing around with placement of the signatures
  • For those of you who have sent me info, please check and make sure its to your liking (I had to do a bit of editing on some submissions, but apologies in advance if I totally hosed something up). As one last reminder, this info will be displayed in a semi-public place.

Tesla Bannerv2.jpg

If you still want in:
  • Send me your info to osultan at mac dot com
  • The cut-off is 5pm PT tomorrow (05 Jan 15)
  • Cost: I am picking up the cost for this (its not that much). As I said up-thread, if you have holiday money burning a hole in your pocket, instead of sending it to me, please consider donating to AlphaK9 which is a non-profit I support that donates service dogs to vets with PTSD.

In terms of the timeline:
  • Finalize layout: 05 Jan
  • Submit design to Tesla and TMC for approval (as we are using their respective logos): 06 Jan
  • Production: 07 Jan
  • Presentation: Late this coming week or early the following week

This may be an unpopular sentiment, and if I am shouted down, outnumbered, etc., I understand.

But personally I think the signatures should be signatures, without additional comments. We, as a group, are making one, combined, group statement on the banner. Our names are our attestation to agreement with and participation in that statement. The additional comments detract and distract from that one, group statement. The banner was not to be a place for additional, individual statements. Everyone had the opportunity to make statements of their own through Bonnie last week, and at any time in the future, by simply sending a note to the company.

So I'd like to see the signatures become just that--signatures, with VIN numbers, and that's all. No statements of any kind in the signatures.

Last edited:
Yeah thanks for the work - really appreciated. I'm ok with the signature as is and if the consensus is just signatures/VINs I'm fine with that too. Apologies if I haven't dug far enough back in the thread but have we committed to where an how to contribute to the banner?

Yeah thanks for the work - really appreciated. I'm ok with the signature as is and if the consensus is just signatures/VINs I'm fine with that too. Apologies if I haven't dug far enough back in the thread but have we committed to where an how to contribute to the banner?

Cool.

As far as cost:

• Cost: I am picking up the cost for this (its not that much). As I said up-thread, if you have holiday money burning a hole in your pocket, instead of sending it to me, please consider donating to AlphaK9 which is a non-profit I support that donates service dogs to vets with PTSD.

I get that, but I also don't want to compel folks to reveal more info about themselves than they want to otherwise...different folks have different sensitivities around privacy and am trying to be respectful of that.

O

My 2 cents: Thank you! I would 'suggest' that personal messages be taken out and 'country' of each person be put in. This will create more space, add uniformity and not give out too much personal information but let the TM staff know that the thank you and TMC community is international.