Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lifted Model Y Owners: Report!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whoa - I've just been running 41-42 PSI. I tried lower pressures once to see if it helped with ride quality. I didn't notice an improvement, so I went back up. I'm concerned going lower will ruin my already fuel economy. I love the fat tires with no hubcaps, but it kills your economy (along with my heavy foot).
40PSI since its cold then will lower to 38 in the summer time.

Reactions: Noflash
MPP lift with 255/50/19 Nokian WR4 SUV tires. Range is definitely impacted.

Attachments

• F89A4C29-770D-4170-AEFF-CF271BBBAB96.jpeg
    F89A4C29-770D-4170-AEFF-CF271BBBAB96.jpeg
    814.4 KB · Views: 430
  • F91B0F48-B9F1-4E46-9413-9B15E1D0E359.jpeg
    F91B0F48-B9F1-4E46-9413-9B15E1D0E359.jpeg
    726.7 KB · Views: 252
BRAID Winrace T (cast)
BRAID Forged UR4 (forge)
OZ Racing Rally gravel design (cast)
Can all be made in 18x9.0 5x114.3 ET+30mm, not sure about where to go to get the OZ one as most places carry some cookie cutter sizes.. still curious if 265/55R18 would fit or not

I'd like to get the OZ one in white... 18x8 +38mm like methods. How do I go on about custom ordering it? I see that tire rack carries +45mm. Would that fit?

I like the methods but I want it in bronze. Unfortunately only black ones are available in 18s.

I wonder how this compares to the MPP lift kit, I can only assume that the ride quality is better?
But, this isn't compatible with coilovers.... however, it is compatible with the MPP lift kit, right?
Where are we at at total lift for the two setups?
lift spring(1.7") + MPP lift kit(+1.75") = 3.45"
VS
MPP lift kit(+1.75") + MPP Comfort Adjustable Coilovers (+1") = 2.75"

Is that accurate? (assuming long range Model Y)

I wonder how this compares to the MPP lift kit, I can only assume that the ride quality is better?
But, this isn't compatible with coilovers.... however, it is compatible with the MPP lift kit, right?
Where are we at at total lift for the two setups?
lift spring(1.7") + MPP lift kit(+1.75") = 3.45"
VS
MPP lift kit(+1.75") + MPP Comfort Adjustable Coilovers (+1") = 2.75"

Is that accurate? (assuming long range Model Y)
That seems like quite an aggressive lift with just springs, though Eibach has been doing these for decades in the opposite direction (lowering springs).

The nice thing about lifting with the springs is that you retain all your original bump travel, though if you are fitting bigger tires, that could lead to rubbing.

The bad thing is that you lose a lot of droop travel - hitting certain bumps / dips will result in unwanted body motion if the wheels hit the limits of the suspension.

Would need to run the measurements just to see just how much droop there is in the suspension, but I suspect it might all work out OK since there tends to be a decent amount of droop in OEM suspension setups and you very rarely get to full droop in normal driving conditions unless hitting some serious humps in the road.

Perfect setup would be coilovers where you can set the bump/droop/spring/damping rates to fit the profile you want, but so far I think only UP has a set of coilovers designed for this.

At the end of the day you can only get so much travel out of the suspension without putting the CV joints into bad positions, so compromises need to be made...

Reactions: Atraf
Took the car out to King of the Hammers in Johnson Valley, CA. I was the only Tesla that attended in a sea of Rivians :(.

OMG_Rivian was my travel partner. His Rivian is in a few of the photos.

Here is the event we went to: https://www.optimabatteries.com/exp...oE3f7VOtxFfNcEZ7fm5CBzKxpVjdxpHa0Y37BzHmM_dO8

View attachment 905924View attachment 905925View attachment 905926View attachment 905927View attachment 905929View attachment 905930View attachment 905928

And one Lightning. Awesome job!

20230208_151029-jpg.jpg