Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

List of confirmed Australian Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you in the top 5? If not, our cars might be on the same truck. It would be great if they do Superchargers on Bruce /A1/Pacific near Surfers, one near Brissy airport, one near Ettamogah pub (This should cover travel from Noosa/North all the way to Byron and back without any dramas.

Byron -> Noosa
icon14.gif

They all sound like fantastic locations to me. Further south, Grafton, Kempsey & Bulahdelah? Think I remember seeing some very detailed maps that someone here put a lot more thought into than I have.

Are you in the top 5? If not, our cars might be on the same truck. It would be great if they do Superchargers on Bruce /A1/Pacific near Surfers, one near Brissy airport, one near Ettamogah pub (This should cover travel from Noosa/North all the way to Byron and back without any dramas.

No, not in the first 5. I would certainly like to see some supercharging in the areas you listed. I think Toowoomba would be appropriate as well. Noosa to Byron to Toowoomba basically covers the 'South East Queensland' region.

Being realistic, it will be several years before there is a network of regional SC stations, don't you think? Our low population densities make it hard to establish a business case for a network outside the cities.

Being realistic, it will be several years before there is a network of regional SC stations, don't you think? Our low population densities make it hard to establish a business case for a network outside the cities.

Maybe I'm being more optimistic than realistic but to me Adelaide to Noosa or beyond represents a high level investment for Tesla. SC's could initially be as small as 4 spaces. Equipment is not much more than a bunch of chargers & transformer, etc., maybe some solar panels & assorted kit? Not a massive investment but the returns will be. I'd presume a considerable number of new sales are generated just by the mere presence of SC's.

Last edited:
Keeping the car in Adelaide, I don't expect to use a SC much, if at all. Home charging, city use and use another car (or more likely fly) for long trips. A regional SC network didn't figure in my purchase decision because I don't ever expect to use it. ICE cars will beat electrics for a while yet for country driving where distances are long and freedom is everything. The UK and Europe are made for SC rollout with short distances and high user densities.

Took a call from Linda Han at Tesla HQ today.

She was confirming details for my delivery (to WA). I was given the option to have my car delivered with no local service centre or to wait for a Perth service centre to eventuate. I took the first option. It was mentioned that I would now go into production in 'a couple of weeks' and should expect delivery in 'a couple of months'. It was also confirmed that delivery meant all the way to WA, either to my door or to a nearby depot. All temporary NSW/VIC registration and shipping/handling would be dealt with by Tesla (via an agent) and included in my contract cost.

I have had had a similar call from Linda - I live just south of Canberra.
i opted to get to Sydney to take delivery rather than have a "third party" delivery and a DVD for the predelivery training.
Linda also claimed that a full showroom , delivery centre and service centre " was currently being built in Sydney.
My car would go into production " in a couple of weeks" and I could expect delivery "within a couple of months".

Will Santa bring me a fancy Xmas present? Fingers crossed.

I have had had a similar call from Linda - I live just south of Canberra.
i opted to get to Sydney to take delivery rather than have a "third party" delivery and a DVD for the predelivery training.
Linda also claimed that a full showroom , delivery centre and service centre " was currently being built in Sydney.
My car would go into production " in a couple of weeks" and I could expect delivery "within a couple of months".

Will Santa bring me a fancy Xmas present? Fingers crossed.

Is that a non-sig jimat? That would be the first news re non sigs. I wonder if that is a real 2 weeks or a Tesla two weeks?

Is that a non-sig jimat? That would be the first news re non sigs. I wonder if that is a real 2 weeks or a Tesla two weeks?

A bunch of non-sigs have had this same call, I'm a non-sig P85 and had the call a couple of days ago. I also had the 'two week' timeframe quoted for going into production and delivery in 'a couple of months'. Fingers crossed it's here in time for the holidays and bang on time for my PV system to be hitting its peak output ; )

Maybe I'm being more optimistic than realistic but to me Adelaide to Noosa or beyond represents a high level investment for Tesla. SC's could initially be as small as 4 spaces. Equipment is not much more than a bunch of chargers & transformer, etc., maybe some solar panels & assorted kit? Not a massive investment but the returns will be. I'd presume a considerable number of new sales are generated just by the mere presence of SC's.

I expect most sites will only be two stalls initially and use the sled style semi-permanent chargers. Nothing else will be required. I've heard rumours that these types of installs cost less than $100k each.

Noosa, Byron and Toowoomba are relevant in that they are the furthest that most Brisbane (or South East Queensland) residents would drive for day trips or short breaks. I don't believe that Tesla owners would generally have much interest in driving from Brisbane to Sydney for example but being able to go between Noosa, Byron and Toowoomba would be useful. All of these places can be reached on a single charge but in many cases battery capacity is not enough for a short stay and return drive.

A bunch of non-sigs have had this same call, I'm a non-sig P85 and had the call a couple of days ago. I also had the 'two week' timeframe quoted for going into production and delivery in 'a couple of months'. Fingers crossed it's here in time for the holidays and bang on time for my PV system to be hitting its peak output ; )

How far up the reservation number have these calls gone? I'm #21 and have not had the call yet. :(

Last edited: