Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

List of confirmed Australian Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i think others here with non-sigs have already had the call advising of "re-"builds. ;)

Mhh - from what I have seen Tesla only ever changed status to "in production" for maybe a maximum of 20 cars on the first attempt. I am Australian sig reservation number 32 and never had a status of "in production" before today and am still showing originally allocated VIN. I don't think any non sig cars ever got close to production previously? It would only be those who have received new VINS in the late 5xxxx that are replacement builds I believe.

Mhh - from what I have seen Tesla only ever changed status to "in production" for maybe a maximum of 20 cars on the first attempt. I am Australian sig reservation number 32 and never had a status of "in production" before today and am still showing originally allocated VIN. I don't think any non sig cars ever got close to production previously? It would only be those who have received new VINS in the late 5xxxx that are replacement builds I believe.

It appears VINs of the not-yet-built cars have changed (slightly) as well - presumably to account for the new features (see http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...arture-Warning?p=780018&viewfull=1#post780018 )

In early June my VIN was 5YJSB3H18EFP46xxx,
it has recently changed to
5YJSB6H16EFP46xxx

There might be support at the local govt.

Tesla should take this with the local councils here as well, if a non-Tesla is parked on the dedicated bay, they will have a reason to ping the ICE car, they alway love issuing parking fines for the heck of it anyway… a win-win situation for them.

TM could have the same arrangement as with those share cars. Instead of just a bay, it will have a charger to go with it.

There might be support at the local govt.

Tesla should take this with the local councils here as well, if a non-Tesla is parked on the dedicated bay, they will have a reason to ping the ICE car, they alway love issuing parking fines for the heck of it anyway… a win-win situation for them.

TM could have the same arrangement as with those share cars. Instead of just a bay, it will have a charger to go with it.

I'm working on it :)

Is that a non-sig jimat? That would be the first news re non sigs. I wonder if that is a real 2 weeks or a Tesla two weeks?

Non Sig.
VIN number now changed from a 3 to a 6 in the relevant position.
i expect it is a Tesla 2 weeks rather than a real 2 weeks. Probably doesn't matter as transit and pre delivery times are really an open ended time frame.
i have to say that Tesla's secretiveness is the only sour note in this whole deal - I hope that once they are up and running that they are much more open about all things - a $100k plus car should not be such a nerve wracking experience.

Non Sig.
VIN number now changed from a 3 to a 6 in the relevant position.
i expect it is a Tesla 2 weeks rather than a real 2 weeks. Probably doesn't matter as transit and pre delivery times are really an open ended time frame.
i have to say that Tesla's secretiveness is the only sour note in this whole deal - I hope that once they are up and running that they are much more open about all things - a $100k plus car should not be such a nerve wracking experience.

My VIN in digit 6 also changed to a 6. But so has digit 9 (the 'check digit') from a 2 to a 0. Any idea what that is used for? I can't find a more recent decipher than this, though I'm sure newer are around: ftp://ftp.nhtsa.dot.gov/MfrMail/ORG9130.pdf

My VIN in digit 6 also changed to a 6. But so has digit 9 (the 'check digit') from a 2 to a 0. Any idea what that is used for? I can't find a more recent decipher than this, though I'm sure newer are around: ftp://ftp.nhtsa.dot.gov/MfrMail/ORG9130.pdf

The check digit is a checksum of all the other digits, used for validating the correctness of the VIN, so it will most likely change if any other digit changes.