Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

List of confirmed Australian Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh and with melocomm's addition - the current colour leader is...BROWN! That's like one of the least popular colours in the States?

Funny you should mention that, I'm getting a lot of pressure from the SO to change from brown, so it might not last long! I'm waiting to see the samples tomorrow night before deciding - I've never seen a single Model S in the flesh, but I do like the brown in most of the photos I've found, so... we'll see!

Also, interesting to see so few choices of the 21" wheels, even on the high-specced models, despite their popularity in the US. I guess that LCT and our harsh Australian kerbs makes the 21" a less attractive choice! I'm interested in finding out the cost of shipping a set of the T Sportline TST wheels to Australia though...
T Sportline 19 TST Wheels For Sale Tesla Model S

- - - Updated - - -

Hah, I just noticed the amount I'm paying for a lightly-optioned S60 would pay for a P85+ in the US with similar or better options. Sigh. Oh well :p

Clear surprise for me - no black! Given how hard my current black car is to keep clean though, I wouldn't blame people.

Oh and with melocomm's addition - the current colour leader is...BROWN! That's like one of the least popular colours in the States?
Had i not got the sig, i was going with the brown. The sig red is something special though, not fully red nor quite burgundy, somewhere in between. The green and blue, i have seen the latter in Sydney is nearly black. The brown not so and it seems to have flashes of gold and of the dark colours, i think the most spectacular.

Also, interesting to see so few choices of the 21" wheels, even on the high-specced models, despite their popularity in the US. I guess that LCT and our harsh Australian kerbs makes the 21" a less attractive choice! I'm interested in finding out the cost of shipping a set of the T Sportline TST wheels to Australia though...
T Sportline 19 TST Wheels For Sale Tesla Model S

I love the look of the 21s but would rather buy later and avoid the LCT, plus was worried about 21s surviving on Sydney & NSW roads! Unfortunately I'd also preferred to have been able to option the + without the P, ie handling pack on an S.
It'd be interesting to see what the landed cost of the TSTs comes out as, I was also thinking about the turbine 19s, but once again was also looking at all of the wheels available in the US.

It would have been nice to go for the P85+ but I was looking at an extra $40k to do it, which would buy a nice bike - maybe even this one, keeping with the electric theme... Mission Motorcycles

Clear surprise for me - no black! Given how hard my current black car is to keep clean though, I wouldn't blame people.

I've seen most colours in real life and my impressions were

White and even Pearl white were a bit meh and made the car look too washed out!
Grey and silver were just white or dirty white in many angles and light conditions
Even in the bright light you had to look carefully to see the difference between Black, Blue and even Green.
Loved Sig Red but can't afford and MC Red was a bit too Boy racer for me.
The Brown sample that Tesla will show you doesn't do the colour justice until you've seen it in the sunlight when it glows this most amazing gold and chocolate depending on the angles.

A Wide Brown car for a Wide Brown land seemed only natural!

Last edited:
From the Norwegian area, Tesla Model S 85kWh #P411
VIN: 22999
Ordered: 18/07/11
Finalized: 14/05/13
VIN number: 13/9/13
Fremont Production: 23/9/13
Ets. Delivery date: End October 2013 (At least that's what was promised and what I'm counting on)"

Does the allocation of a VIN mean that we go into production shortly? Look at the relative dates in the above.

From the Norwegian area, Tesla Model S 85kWh #P411
VIN: 22999
Ordered: 18/07/11
Finalized: 14/05/13
VIN number: 13/9/13
Fremont Production: 23/9/13
Ets. Delivery date: End October 2013 (At least that's what was promised and what I'm counting on)"

Does the allocation of a VIN mean that we go into production shortly? Look at the relative dates in the above.

Whilst remaining a realist, for an end of July delivery date the car would need to be made in the next 2-3 weeks.