Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

List of confirmed Australian Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I must say I am totally confused by the extraordinary emphasis on customer experience post delivery (Elon speaks at length on this) and their woeful lack of attention to their customers pre-delivery (their actions border on disdain). Particularly as their initial customers are their brand ambassadors in a country - and are their greatest fans. Really the only real source of information and communication has been via forums.

This is not their first time at it anymore as they have now been doing this for a while (so I don't think you can still use the start up company excuse anymore) - would have expected them spread the love from post delivery to make it an exceptional pre-delivery experience as well by now. Hopefully they will lift their game.

I am still a raving fan and shareholder - but feel a bit bruised by the whole experience.

I'm conflicted by comments regarding lack of build progress information. Whilst I have waited in the dark for news of my cars progress, I struggle to imagine how Tesla could tell me, in detail, the progress of my car without giving out potentially commercial in confidence information.

In the end Tesla is a business, under some pressure, from NADA, Shorts and others. The WSJ is a good case in point where Elon was forced to disclose sales data to counter misinformation; apparently against his wil.

I respect Tesla's decisions on how they choose to run their business and have never felt that I have been dealt with in a disdainful way.

So I would genuinely be interested in anyone's thoughts on exactly how Tesla should have kept us informed of the progress of our pre-build car progress that doesn't compromise Tesla's right to business confidentiality.

Any S60's got the call yet?

Seems like the higher specs are beating the quarter end rush?

hi Mike,
Tim called on Monday with the same message as everyone else.

- - - Updated - - -

just went into production!!!!

I think I literally did the two hands on head opening my mouth with silent joy scream thing...

Congrats !! Just checked mine. In Production: The Tesla Factory is building your Model S.

- - - Updated - - -

FINALLY!! Production complete and in transit from the factory.

Congrats !!!

Great news you guys who have all just gone into production!! Tim tells me that the ship they use is a direct sailing to Australia. Not like a boat I had shipped from Taiwan, which took 6 weeks to get here. Otherwise, Santa's bag might be a little light!! I suspect that the earlier completed cars are well on their way. It would make sense for them to dribble in, so that they can be predelivered without the crew being overwhelmed by an influx of 200 cars in one hit. 1 ship a week? Launch last week of November? Doable, only just, but doable. Allows for the promised general production deliveries in December. Fits with the state of play of the showroom and the frantic pace of work there too.
An American owner suggested that the delay on my car may have been due to outsourcing the paint job. Depends, I guess, on how many sig Reds were ordered in total, and what it takes to change colors on the paint line. All you general production folks certainly won't have that issue at least.
Look forward to seeing lots of " production complete" notifications next week!!!

Great news you guys who have all just gone into production!! Tim tells me that the ship they use is a direct sailing to Australia. Not like a boat I had shipped from Taiwan, which took 6 weeks to get here. Otherwise, Santa's bag might be a little light!! I suspect that the earlier completed cars are well on their way. It would make sense for them to dribble in, so that they can be predelivered without the crew being overwhelmed by an influx of 200 cars in one hit. 1 ship a week? Launch last week of November? Doable, only just, but doable. Allows for the promised general production deliveries in December. Fits with the state of play of the showroom and the frantic pace of work there too.
An American owner suggested that the delay on my car may have been due to outsourcing the paint job. Depends, I guess, on how many sig Reds were ordered in total, and what it takes to change colors on the paint line. All you general production folks certainly won't have that issue at least.
Look forward to seeing lots of " production complete" notifications next week!!!
Congratulations! I also suspect that the paint colour was a major factor in your delay - A site that I used to calculate shipping times from LA to Sydney showed 19 days. Hopefully the update to your status only happened once the car was on a boat so we might be able to do late November for a launch.

@timpoo - unfortunately I've also had to cancel my order, unfortunately the timing with delivery late this year / early next year wasn't going to work out so I'll have to miss out on the excitement of being one of the early adopters! Feel free to update your spreadsheet, I'll still be following very closely the status of everyone's new arrivals, and hoping to be able to perhaps join sometime later next year! Can't wait to start seeing more happy customers with Model Ss on the roads in Melbourne :)

@timpoo - unfortunately I've also had to cancel my order, unfortunately the timing with delivery late this year / early next year wasn't going to work out so I'll have to miss out on the excitement of being one of the early adopters! Feel free to update your spreadsheet, I'll still be following very closely the status of everyone's new arrivals, and hoping to be able to perhaps join sometime later next year! Can't wait to start seeing more happy customers with Model Ss on the roads in Melbourne :)

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you will have a Model S later next year.

AFAIK I don't have a reservation number.
i assume this is because I didn't place an order until the prices were released?

I have also had a couple of emIls with Tm and he has confirmed that my car will have the "new" tech package with Auto pilot bits . No change to order needed as I had already ordered Fog and parking.
Jim

My car is now "production complete " and "in transit from the factory"
Before Xmas now likely???

My car is now "production complete " and "in transit from the factory"
Before Xmas now likely???
Congrats! Yes, i am positive that they desperately want every possible delivery world wide before December 31. Next weeks quarterly report should be interesting for us Aussies! Wonder how many cars we are talking about total here? Forgetting any new orders since they launched test drives, what 100, 200? 250? We probably will never know, unless it is reported in February quarterly report.