Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

List of confirmed Australian Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a house in Bundanoon with 3 phase 32 amp power point in the garage. (Clipsal 56SO532)
If Tesla are willing to loan me something I would be happy to be a temporary charging point to help Melbourne owners get home.
I know the guys monitor this site so I'll let Mitchell contact me if he has a beta solution that he can loan me over the Xmas holidays to make this happen.
By my calculation that would put an 85 KWh Model S in striking distance of Albury if you were careful.

Bundanoon! If we hadn't shifted to Melbourne at the end of last year, I'd have been in Bowral. Still have a place there, rented it out.

Will you be commuting up to Sydney in yours?

Bundanoon! If we hadn't shifted to Melbourne at the end of last year, I'd have been in Bowral. Still have a place there, rented it out.

Will you be commuting up to Sydney in yours?
Bundanoon is the week-ender, we share with friends.
I live in Potts Point and that's where the Model S will live most of the time.
The intention is to have a 3 phase 32 amp wall connector installed in Bundanoon when Tesla makes it available.

Yup. Pretty exciting for my friends that run it. Exciting for me to be part of it too.

Next thought ...

Having been told this week it'll be a December delivery for me too, Id *love* to drive my S85 from Melbourne to Sydney for our planned holidays. Danielp has me covered for charging whilst in Sydney but is there any chance whatsoever that I'd be able to do this trip? Even if it means staying over night in a few places along the way?

Remind me closer to the date but there should be a solution for you in Canberra.

Maybe an early supercharger?
OK, let the rumours fly!!!

Well there is enough of a rummer that that we'll see one in dickson in Canberra. but then its the claim that tesla will have it in before the service centre ? evans twitter feed was complaining about having to physically sign forms for energy companies. i can only assume it was the paper work for a new connection. and considering even a 2 bay supercharger has to be at least a 200amp service fuse (meaning you can't use the standard house connection form) . they probably will have a couple of superchargers in by Christmas.

Well there is enough of a rummer that that we'll see one in dickson in Canberra. but then its the claim that tesla will have it in before the service centre ? evans twitter feed was complaining about having to physically sign forms for energy companies. i can only assume it was the paper work for a new connection. and considering even a 2 bay supercharger has to be at least a 200amp service fuse (meaning you can't use the standard house connection form) . they probably will have a couple of superchargers in by Christmas.

I'd hope he's installing Superchargers as he is in charge of Superchargers for Australia!

Hung out with the Tesla guys today. I asked specifically if I'd be able to drive from Melboure to Sydney at Christmas time and they said "we can't say" which is code for they don't know or do know but won't say. :D

Either way, got to drive the black p85 which is closer to my config than the red p85+ I drove before.

Also got to ride the Zero R, which was also amazing.

Petrol vehicles are so boring.

Bundanoon is the week-ender, we share with friends.
I live in Potts Point and that's where the Model S will live most of the time.
The intention is to have a 3 phase 32 amp wall connector installed in Bundanoon when Tesla makes it available.

Potts point eh? I'm in Darlinghurst without off-street parking. I'm still working out exactly how to charge the new car. I've got an HPWC installed at my parents' place in Coogee, but it'd be nice to avoid trekking over there two nights a week to charge... (Although I'm sure they'd love it!). :). There are charging points in the City of Sydney car park, so that might be the best option. What's the plan at your end?

Potts point eh? I'm in Darlinghurst without off-street parking. I'm still working out exactly how to charge the new car. I've got an HPWC installed at my parents' place in Coogee, but it'd be nice to avoid trekking over there two nights a week to charge... (Although I'm sure they'd love it!). :). There are charging points in the City of Sydney car park, so that might be the best option. What's the plan at your end?

Twice a week? That's a lot of driving!

There will be an SC within 10mins drive to cover situations like yours.