Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

List of confirmed Australian Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gave Tim a call today. Talked about vehicle acceptance testing, insurance options, registration (in WA), plate types, and whether certain requested changes had made it into production. He looked up my car on the system and verified that my change requests had been applied and the car was currently being painted!!

Starting to feel very, very real.

Yipeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!
image.jpg

:love:

Excellent Jimat! congrats.

My VIN is a couple of thousand before yours and still no movement, I assume order is still based on reservation number. What reservation no were you?

AFAIK I don't have a reservation number.
i assume this is because I didn't place an order until the prices were released?

I have also had a couple of emIls with Tm and he has confirmed that my car will have the "new" tech package with Auto pilot bits . No change to order needed as I had already ordered Fog and parking.
Jim

YAY congrats Meloccom! We're Model S twins :D Mine is still not in production :(

Wilderman - can you please post your specs (if you're comfortable with it) and I'll add it to the spreadsheet?

I don't think they're building according to reservation number, might just be to do with factory line optimisation because of parts/colours/whatever. Happens all the time.

Hi Timpoo
Tesla S85 Blue Tan Leather Parking Interior Lighting Tech Everything else standard Confirmed 23/6/2014.
My Dashboard still showing "your Tesla S has entered the production queue at our factory in Freemont"
Yes please add this to the spreadsheet.

Mine is still not in production :(
just went into production!!!!

Congrats!

Interesting that your status changed during the day (our time) - I'd assumed the changes would be made by someone at the mothership in California and was expecting to "wake up" to a change

This not helping my obsessive compulsive dashboard refresh.

Now thinking of writing a small shell script that polls the page and emails me if it changes :biggrin:

Congrats!

Interesting that your status changed during the day (our time) - I'd assumed the changes would be made by someone at the mothership in California and was expecting to "wake up" to a change

This not helping my obsessive compulsive dashboard refresh.

Now thinking of writing a small shell script that polls the page and emails me if it changes :biggrin:
Yeah me too! I was surprised. I refreshed and it changed and I was like WTF followed quickly by a call to the wife who said thank God now you can shut up about it for a few days haha

Confirmed by Tim that mine really is still in production - the cause? Classified!! However, he did say that despite this, my car would still be delivered with the other sigs. Of course, one has to wonder when the launch will be. The service centre/showroom is really moving. Went past there today and window signs going in. It is only 5 k's from home. I need to go that way tomorrow morning again, so will take pictures and post here.

Happy to report my P85 finally went into production as well today!

It has been a long wait since registering interest in June 2009 to finally pulling the trigger and plonking down a reservation Nov '11.

I must say I am totally confused by the extraordinary emphasis on customer experience post delivery (Elon speaks at length on this) and their woeful lack of attention to their customers pre-delivery (their actions border on disdain). Particularly as their initial customers are their brand ambassadors in a country - and are their greatest fans. Really the only real source of information and communication has been via forums.

This is not their first time at it anymore as they have now been doing this for a while (so I don't think you can still use the start up company excuse anymore) - would have expected them spread the love from post delivery to make it an exceptional pre-delivery experience as well by now. Hopefully they will lift their game.

I am still a raving fan and shareholder - but feel a bit bruised by the whole experience.

The silver lining and good fortune is we now have the autonomous driving features - that take this car from being exceptional to extraordinary. I am sure the car and Tesla's growth and development will bring me a lot of excitement for many years to come.

A tip of the hat to all you early supporters as I think Elon with Tesla, Solarcity, and SpaceX is going to have a enduring impact globally - and it is amazing to be involved at the genesis!

Can't wait.

Santa Clause is coming to town!

Last edited: