Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR RWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For what is worth my local sales guy confirmed he has several other people also waiting for LR RWDs (makes sense, no snow in Florida but very long distances). He confirmed management is pushing all deliveries before the end of June.
Another Floridian nice! I'm up in Orlando but it seems like there's a lot of people waiting for these. If Tesla wants to hit their goal... They have to FILL THEM!

If I may ask, who sent you the email?
And was it in response to an inquiry or did it come out of the blue?

I ordered mine 5/24 and have heard nothing beyond the original order confirmation email.
i assumed it was the the standard email after placing an order. Received it from my Tesla Advisor that I have been working with previously.
IMG_9898.jpg

I placed another order for SR (not SR+, because I'm angry at Tesla). I will keep that as the additional back up option. I will get a M3 this before July, it just depends on if Tesla wants my extra $10000 or not.

So you have two reservations going? Dang!! So if the SR comes in first, you'll take that one? What happens to your other $2500 for the LR RWD? Can you apply that towards the SR?

Ordered 5/28,
Status: Prepare for delivery since then, no update until now.

Can anyone tell the approximate waiting time? I hope to get this before July,
Tesla store agent told they can match discounted APR rate from bank if I miss the 30 day rate-lock.

Ordered 5/28,
Status: Prepare for delivery since then, no update until now.

Can anyone tell the approximate waiting time? I hope to get this before July,
Tesla store agent told they can match discounted APR rate from bank if I miss the 30 day rate-lock.
There is really not an expected waiting time for the LR RWD version. They make the various versions in batches. Apparently, Tesla is not making LR RWD versions right now. When they make another batch, we will start seeing deliveries again.

Tesla Bama Buddies! I havent decided if i want home delivery or pick it up in either ATL or Pensacola.
Wife wants ATL so we can have the delivery experience
I would definitely do the pickup experience. If there are any issues, you can usually get them taken care of on the spot. I am about equal distance from Atlanta and Nashville. I have a business interest in Nashville and am up there regularly so that's my choice for pick up.

Reactions: jvmoore1
The LR RWD is likely off-menu because demand is too much (not too little as they are telling us). However the range is too good for the money compared to the S & X (even after their recent range improvement). As an aside, i notice several new or recent 3s on the road everyday but no new S & X. Tesla clearly knows that the S & X markets are getting decimated by the 3. Why would someone pay 60 to 100% more?

The upgrade from the SR+ is only $7K roughly, and it makes for the only EV in the market today that is viable cross-country at this price. Our Model S has the same range as the current SR+. Fool me once..

i actually test drove both the RWD & AWD and much prefer the driving dynamics of the RWD. AWD apparently gets 300 miles in IRL but the RWD gets 332. A significant difference when one considers battery degradation and supercharger limits of 80%.

My guess is that the RWD will be back on the menu when the updated Model S with the 400 mile range comes out before the end of this year.

Reactions: jvmoore1
Yeah agree. Doesn't make sense for Tesla to make SR and SR+ deliveries instead of LR RWD, in fact, doesn't make sense to make it off menu either. When I went to test drive 3 weeks back, the guy said they've delivered more SR than SR+ in the week prior. Another thing that didn't make sense is not only fulfil the current orders of SR with SR+ cars, but continue to take more orders on SR. Why would you sell a car for a loss? Oh well. I just want my car before 6/30 lol

The LR RWD is likely off-menu because demand is too much (not too little as they are telling us). However the range is too good for the money compared to the S & X (even after their recent range improvement). As an aside, i notice several new or recent 3s on the road everyday but no new S & X. Tesla clearly knows that the S & X markets are getting decimated by the 3. Why would someone pay 60 to 100% more?

The upgrade from the SR+ is only $7K roughly, and it makes for the only EV in the market today that is viable cross-country at this price. Our Model S has the same range as the current SR+. Fool me once..

i actually test drove both the RWD & AWD and much prefer the driving dynamics of the RWD. AWD apparently gets 300 miles in IRL but the RWD gets 332. A significant difference when one considers battery degradation and supercharger limits of 80%.

My guess is that the RWD will be back on the menu when the updated Model S with the 400 mile range comes out before the end of this year.
So the interesting thing about the 80% limit is last week my brother got that warning but still charged to 90% without issues. Might be only implemented when the actual SC location more than a certain percentage occupied