Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR RWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know folks in this waiting room are getting nervous about the long wait time and lack of communication from Tesla but hang in there. The LR RWD is the best Model 3 you can buy. It’s the only Model 3 to achieve 325 miles of range and at the current price point it’s the absolute best value of any Model 3 for sale. Tesla is pushing for record numbers this quarter. They will not risk customers cancelling orders by not building the models that people want to purchase. Building a LR RWD is nothing special. It’s just a LR AWD without the second motor. They have more experience building this model than any other trim. It will happen.

We have two LR RWD models and both have been fantastic. I almost ordered the SR model but changed my mind at the last minute and switched to the LR RWD model and have never regretted my decision. The cars are amazing.

Once I found out the LW RWD was still available, it was the clear choice. Due to my driving habits, I might rarely need the additional 90 miles of range, but then again 325 is basically the same range as other gas car I have owned. I have owned an eGolf for four years and I know just how rarely I need more than 90 miles in a day, let alone 325.

Plus, the fact that the LW RWD includes the premium interior features was big for me. Living in Los Angeles, you need the live traffic every day, ESPECIALLY if you know where you are going, because there is always the possibility of needing to go an alternate way. It was odd that the live traffic was not included in the SR+, but that feature, with the range, sealed the deal for me.

I am getting FSD, really to support the company and the concept. The logical move is to wait until it is fully functional before buying it (I mean, not trying to be too funny, but who ever buys a product on the basis that it "might work" six months or a year from now?), but I am throwing logic out the window in this case, because this company is moving the whole concept forward and they deserve support.

You can see the progression from cruise control to FSD with each software update, too, so its not that crazy of a bet.

So, back to the topic at hand. Today, my account switched, from sort of a "thanks for the order, we figure you owe this much at delivery" to "we are drafting up your contract."

Wonder if that means anything? :) We will soon find out!

Once I found out the LW RWD was still available, it was the clear choice. Due to my driving habits, I might rarely need the additional 90 miles of range, but then again 325 is basically the same range as other gas car I have owned. I have owned an eGolf for four years and I know just how rarely I need more than 90 miles in a day, let alone 325.

Plus, the fact that the LW RWD includes the premium interior features was big for me. Living in Los Angeles, you need the live traffic every day, ESPECIALLY if you know where you are going, because there is always the possibility of needing to go an alternate way. It was odd that the live traffic was not included in the SR+, but that feature, with the range, sealed the deal for me.

I am getting FSD, really to support the company and the concept. The logical move is to wait until it is fully functional before buying it (I mean, not trying to be too funny, but who ever buys a product on the basis that it "might work" six months or a year from now?), but I am throwing logic out the window in this case, because this company is moving the whole concept forward and they deserve support.

You can see the progression from cruise control to FSD with each software update, too, so its not that crazy of a bet.

So, back to the topic at hand. Today, my account switched, from sort of a "thanks for the order, we figure you owe this much at delivery" to "we are drafting up your contract."

Cool!! Welcome to the wait. I've been on that same status for two weeks now. My credit union also needs that contract, with a VIN, so they can write up my loan docs. :-( it's that mysterious VIN that we've all been waiting for.

Interesting data point:

My delivery date and time shown on my Tesla account has been removed and now shows the "two weeks" message. My scheduled delivery was for tomorrow. I knew it wasn't going to happen as I didn't have a VIN and I called my delivery center and they were like "Uhhhh...". Anyway sometime between mid-morning and now my delivery status has officially changed to that of when I first ordered it (5/18)

Southpasfan, welcome to the waiting room! I have been here for two weeks. After I supplied all the requested info during the first 24 hours after my order was submitted, my status changed to "We are drafting up your contract...". I take this to mean they have all the info they need from the buyer and are waiting on a car to be made that will match the order. Let's hope they start a new production run of LR RWD car's soon!

New to the forum and wanted to share! From reading old posts, sounds like I messed up on getting an older VIN.

5/18- Ordered a LR RWD Blue/Black aero (at the dealership)
5/30- 8:15am Received text stating my vehicle was in transit and I needed to complete the remaining steps (submitted app for financing) . Picked a delivery date for 6/6. VIN #s start with 322 (sounds like this is old)
5/30- 1:30pm Received a text stating that my car was in transit (SO excited) and that I needed to submit final payment in 48 hours.
I sent a screenshot of this to the salesman that helped me place my order. He sounded optimistic and said he would get back to me to update my delivery appointment.

5/30- 3:30pm Received a call from him telling me the VIN I was assigned was a car in Canada that would take to long to get here and he would try to set me up with a different VIN

5/30- 5:30pm Received an updated phone call saying that it would be best to wait for that car because it will end up coming back to California and delivered to my pick up location. This is what he was advised to continue doing since I would end up back in a pool waiting if I unmatched that VIN.

Today- no updates . Delivery appointment on my account says “June 8th”

Now I’m getting frustrated waiting and reading forums and learning I SHOULD have chose to wait to be matched up with a different VIN? I just need the vehicle soon and didn’t want to risk not getting it before I don’t have a car (lease turn in on 6/14).
OMG....there is nooooo such thing as an old model 3...
I will continue to wait for the LR RWD model 3. I remain confident that we will receive our car.
Like many model 3 fans, I was ecstatic when the standard range model 3 became available for $35000. After test driving and evaluating my needs for the model 3 and after learning more about phantom drain and the decrease of battery range in cold and hot temperatures, the LR/RWD became the best choice for me.
As I read some of the posts today that alleged the model 3 LR/RWD will not be made any more, I became a bit discouraged and started evaluating if and how the SR+ could perhaps become a viable option.
In doing so, it became apparent to me again the reasons I selected the LR/RWD.
In Priority:
1. Longer Range (…and helps to eliminate range anxiety)
2. Premium stereo sound with all the speakers and a subwoofer
3. Streaming music and web browser
4. Homeline
5. Maps and live traffic
6. Best bang for the buck and better resale value (hopefully)

Since it seems we will have a few more days to wait, feel free to list some of the reasons you selected your LR/RWD model 3.
I look forward to receiving this awesome car.
I did my homework and came to the same conclusion as you ....I even looked at all wheel drive and thought shorter-range more expensive and I don't need the added acceleration.... long-range rear-wheel-drive is plenty ....being up here in Canada long range rear wheel drive is pretty awesome in the snow ...four wheel drive not required ...hence my order for long-range rear wheel drive in white with full self-driving I will wait...☝️

Guys, this is getting worse. i live in CA and just saw that the CVRP rebate of $2500 for M3's have been exhausted.

What does the rebate waitlist mean to me?

So, doing calculations.. if CA residents don't get the car by July 1st, i'll be potentially loosing $1875 (half of $3750) + $2500 for CVRP = $4,375. That is a huge pill to swallow now. I was counting on that as a rebate to pay back the car loan i'm taking out.

i might have to go back to looking at another car that can still give the $7500 fed rebate, like the Leaf or the Kona Electric. this whole thing really sucks.

Guys, this is getting worse. i live in CA and just saw that the CVRP rebate of $2500 for M3's have been exhausted.

What does the rebate waitlist mean to me?

So, doing calculations.. if CA residents don't get the car by July 1st, i'll be potentially loosing $1875 (half of $3750) + $2500 for CVRP = $4,375. That is a huge pill to swallow now. I was counting on that as a rebate to pay back the car loan i'm taking out.

i might have to go back to looking at another car that can still give the $7500 fed rebate, like the Leaf or the Kona Electric. this whole thing really sucks.
Don't jump off the bridge just yet. This has happened several times before. They will get more money, then catch up the wait list. In fact, considering the processing is taking over 70 days at this point, they might get the funding in and start in on the wait list nearly as fast as they would have gotten to those applications anyway.

Don't jump off the bridge just yet. This has happened several times before. They will get more money, then catch up the wait list. In fact, considering the processing is taking over 70 days at this point, they might get the funding in and start in on the wait list nearly as fast as they would have gotten to those applications anyway.

Thanks so much for the encouragement. Have you guys been at a grocery store and the line is so long, that you just drop what you're buying and just leave? That's how i'm feeling. Keeping customers this long in the dark causes them to re-think their entire intention to purchase.

Thanks so much for the encouragement. Have you guys been at a grocery store and the line is so long, that you just drop what you're buying and just leave? That's how i'm feeling. Keeping customers this long in the dark causes them to re-think their entire intention to purchase.
I’m in a similar boat. Although it makes me just want to change my order all the time to get something sooner. It doesn’t help that I literally see 20+ Tesla’s a day where I live.

(I work at a tech company. Plus I’m out getting boba tea right now and I see 4 within view in the parking lot. One of which is a white model 3 with paper plates still so they just got theirs! So beautiful!)

I’m in a similar boat. Although it makes me just want to change my order all the time to get something sooner. It doesn’t help that I literally see 20+ Tesla’s a day where I live.

(I work at a tech company. Plus I’m out getting boba tea right now and I see 4 within view in the parking lot. One of which is a white model 3 with paper plates still so they just got theirs! So beautiful!)

Are you me....?

Anyways, I emailed my rep on June 4th asking for an update, just got a reply saying they didn't get any detailed updates on LR RWD production.
"The focus has definitely been on producing as many Std+ RWD and LR AWD models as possible."
Then they asked if I would consider SR+ or AWD if no LR RWD was available by the 30th. :( Makes me sad. I can't afford an AWD with FSD and SR+ feels like I'm leaving too much on the table to settle. I'm in it for the long haul until I get my LR RWD or they officially reply that it's no longer in production.