Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR RWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can they contact me with that deal lol. What’s with everyone getting texts lately? I’ve never gotten a text and the only communication I’ve gotten without reaching out is a general email from my SC around original order date (5/16)

Text was from my sales guy, you should reach out to yours. I ordered at fashion island but a ton of cars showed up in inventory recently so might have something in your config. My VIN 400+ so its not like it was a car sitting forever.

Well, its only June 8, if you will. My order was May 22, White/Black Aero FSD. I am guessing the profit margin on the FSD might help me, all things being equal. However, if it gets close an offer for AWD for only $1k more is worth it, because rather than losing $1875, you arguably lose nothing and get $4K of value for $1K.

We will see, but in any event I get the excitement but I don't get actually cancelling an order for a $60k car over $1.8k. Believe me, I certainly get trying to work a deal, and part of that may be threatening to cancel. :) But I don't see cancelling.

Its obvious they are trying to build the damn cars. Its also obvious that front line sales people don't really know, and rather than say "I don't know" are more or less making things up or going on rumor. Depending on one's position in the workplace, I have found that saying "I don't know" is rather difficult - depending on where you are in the food chain of the company, "I don't know" could rebound back on you.

And regardless, one thing is clear, its not the sales force that has any control at all over build times and delivery.

Text was from my sales guy, you should reach out to yours. I ordered at fashion island but a ton of cars showed up in inventory recently so might have something in your config. My VIN 400+ so its not like it was a car sitting forever.
I think I just have a delivery adviser, not entirely sure. Just someone I've been talking with from Fremon since I ordered online. I've tried calling him several times for over a week now and hasn't responded. This has happened several times, where I can't reach him for a while, I finally do and he's just like, "Yup there's nothing for your order and I can't give you any discounts sorry!" So it's pretty useless. Then anytime I try to just reach out to someone locally or someone else they mostly just say, "I'd switch to something else. You probably won't get a car since they aren't building RWD anymore." But never actually help me or offer me anything. So I've been pretty against reaching out since every time I never get any actual help or optimism.

Got the same text about finalizing everything in my account.. Assuming its some kind of error.
Regardless both sales advisors I'm talking to locally and in Fremont are away for the weekend so I can't inquire about getting a lr awd for a discount. Local inventory doesn't have what I want anyway (all sport wheels) lr awd etc

You generally don’t get a discount at Tesla by asking for it. You get one by placing an order for a car that they don’t have, and then waiting until someone notices and tries to convince you to take a car with a different configuration so they can complete your order. If you ask for the discount before this happens they seem to take it personally and make a point to hold firm and say no. It’s a bit dysfunctional but it seems to be how they like to operate.

Guys, getting excited way too much here. now started reading up on the 5K supercharging miles that my sales guy was bragging about when we put in our order at the dealership. He specifically told me that the 5K supercharging miles has no expiration and will just deminish as i use it, but could potentially build up if i refer other people for purchasing a Tesla.

He was flat out lying to me, right? Been reading on the posts that the 5K supercharging expires in 6 months, that's even if you get it. Saw some posts that it didn't even reflect on their app. Anyone know the scoop??? I know it's not alot of money, but i was hoping to use those only when i go on long trips. i currently have an L2 charger for my Leaf and will just charge at home mostly, but would have been nice if i had it, without expiring..
I would love some Clarity on this as well does it expire or doesn't it who has charging credits and can say for sure

Okay I have an update I talked to my local Tesla dealer and got somebody totally different a young girl who pulled up my file and said yes you do not have a VIN and I have no other information for you however we do show long-range rear wheel drive in red with full self-driving this would be the same as I have ordered except I ordered White they said if I want to take this car I will get it without the extra charge for paint which in Canada is twenty-six hundred bucks and I can have it in a day or two depending on how long it takes to get financing license sorted .... how to say I was quite surprised to hear this so when I called back I got my service advisor you also updated me that the girl is correct we do have a brand-new long-range rear wheel drive in red that you can have for the same price Les the paint option... I said let me think about this for a bit and called back and got the girl again you told me she has put this on hold for me and it now should show on my account which it does and she said it will be on hold for one week and wait for it she said hurry up we only have five of these in red.... I got to say I think that's about as good as it's going to get for me I'm thinking of taking this going to sleep on it tonight

Just so you know I ordered May 23rd long-range rear wheel drive in white Aero Wheels full self-driving
That sound you hear is at least me, and probably many on this board thinking "WTF?"

Ok, after thinking about it, there are two explinations: (a) with the number of orders there must be some people who simply cancel after a car is built but before taking possession. This would include, I suppose, someone who shows up and notices a flaw or maybe their financing falls through, or whatever. Or, (b) somehow, despite the fact that LR RWD is special order, that they actually run off MORE of them then they have ordered, to be able to fill orders anticipated.

Now, of course, your car may still be built but sent elsewhere.

Huh.

From reading various posts, it seems like those of us who have gotten VINs and ordered around Mid / End of May are getting inventory cars from Canada. A user in California posted saying their car was being moved from Canada, and my car is being moved from Washington State (which I assume was headed to Canada, since my advisor said there were zero LR RWD available in US).

Who knows what’s going on.

That sound you hear is at least me, and probably many on this board thinking "WTF?"

Ok, after thinking about it, there are two explinations: (a) with the number of orders there must be some people who simply cancel after a car is built but before taking possession. This would include, I suppose, someone who shows up and notices a flaw or maybe their financing falls through, or whatever. Or, (b) somehow, despite the fact that LR RWD is special order, that they actually run off MORE of them then they have ordered, to be able to fill orders anticipated.

Now, of course, your car may still be built but sent elsewhere.

Huh.
I cannot explain this either...i was quite suprised...i will keep u posted how this plays out....stay tuned

Vendor - Tesla added over 1,000 Inventory Model 3s to the EU
I guess this is where some of our orders went :( I looked (just to hurt myself) and they had 3 of my configuration available over there. All VINs were around 34XXXX

So, there you go. they are still making LR RWD, but Tesla sent them to wrong country!! URGH! :-( Will we ever get a break?

Those were made in Freemont though, right? Or do they have a manufacturing plant in Europe? Sorry, not too deeply familiar with the company. i just like their cars..

So, there you go. they are still making LR RWD, but Tesla sent them to wrong country!! URGH! :-( Will we ever get a break?

Those were made in Freemont though, right? Or do they have a manufacturing plant in Europe? Sorry, not too deeply familiar with the company. i just like their cars..
When I first put my order in the manager mentioned that a ton of their focus was on the Europe builds. Once those were sent they would go full force in the USA.

He also mentioned that YES those are built here and they had to disassemble them all and send them in pieces over there to then reassemble. Europe regulations... What a pain.

Based on the VIN they probably started shipping those right before they stopped production here and it's just hitting inventory now. They should have just kept them here though :(

When I first put my order in the manager mentioned that a ton of their focus was on the Europe builds. Once those were sent they would go full force in the USA.

He also mentioned that YES those are built here and they had to disassemble them all and send them in pieces over there to then reassemble. Europe regulations... What a pain.
They don't do that. They can be seen fully assembled driving off the ships in Europe.