Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR RWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got off the phone with my local Tesla sales store. He said quite a few LR RWD orderers have called for updates. He said they have been promised a run of LR RWD models to be delivered to San Diego prior to the end of June and to expect a vin within a week.

How flexible is Tesla on the delivery schedules? I am gone for a destination wedding 17th-24th.

I'm gonna go ahead and press checkout on my cart that I've built over the past 2 weeks for the Tesla.

Here's what I have, any thing I should add? (Don't need the wireless charger)

Screen protector
Vinyl wrap center console
Console organizer
USB hub
Floor mats
Door open stickers
Wheel kit
Performance pedal covers
Front and back roof shades

GO AHEAD!! We're all getting our cars next week. Will get to your location right on time so you can put them into your BRAND NEW TESLA MODEL 3!! :)

Reactions: SoManyM3s
Just got off the phone with my local Tesla sales store. He said quite a few LR RWD orderers have called for updates. He said they have been promised a run of LR RWD models to be delivered to San Diego prior to the end of June and to expect a vin within a week.

How flexible is Tesla on the delivery schedules? I am gone for a destination wedding 17th-24th.

YES! Thanks for saving me some stress. I was a bit concerned when I didn't see anyone else on this thread get similar info from their adviser. I'm in San Diego so this is really good news (bad news for work productivity this week though).

Well this is great, you along with two others seem to have had hopeful news all today! Let's get those VINs this week!!

In terms of flexibility, I've heard they are able to hold the car for you at their lot for 7 days. So hopefully it doesn't get get there on the 17th. I'm pretty nervous as well since I am going to be on vacation from 23rd-29th so I kinda need it next week because I doubt it's going to be easy to schedule a delivery on the last day of the month

Well this is great, you along with two others seem to have had hopeful news all today! Let's get those VINs this week!!

In terms of flexibility, I've heard they are able to hold the car for you at their lot for 7 days. So hopefully it doesn't get get there on the 17th. I'm pretty nervous as well since I am going to be on vacation from 23rd-29th so I kinda need it next week because I doubt it's going to be easy to schedule a delivery on the last day of the month

I'm on the same boat. i spoke with another sales guy at Walnut Creek and they did tell me they are VERY STRICT in keeping those cars out the of their lot to make room for other vehicles coming. He told tme that i must get the car within 7 days of VIN assignment (since i'm considered local to Fremont). I told them that i'm headed on vacation starting 6/18-26, so he told me that they cannot guarantee that my VIN will be sitting there on my account when i get back. This is when he told me we should be getting it by end of this week and i should be able to get the car this weekend before i go on vacation.

Obviously, that's the hope, but not counting on it. So, my misfortune might be a blessing to another. :)

As we all enter the home stretch, another musing. I looked at a one year old or so CBS video of Musk giving one of their reporters a short tour. At one point, you see a few desks, facing a wall with a number of 42" monitors. Before a short segue into the conference room where Musk says he has had to sleep when he was at the factory late, they look at the wall of monitors. The reporter says "so these are the cars being made now?" and Musk says, "yes."

So the answer to "when are they building a run of LR RWD's" is on those monitors. There are probably like ten managers who actually look at them. There is no way those ten managers are fielding thousands of calls from sales people all wondering "what's up?"

In theory, someone who actually works at the part of the factory involved in delivering the battery packs and observing the insertion of the battery pack into the M3 car body can also say "yep, I saw a run of LR RWD's today."

But other than that its all conjecture. Other than we no for sure the company can ill afford to lose any orders at this point, which is not conjecture.

And this does not even take into account getting the cars from Fremont to wherever. But one't things for sure, inventory is zero at this point, they are all being built.

Last edited:
Reactions: darin_n and jnnaka
As we all enter the home stretch, another musing. I looked at a one year old or so CBS video of Musk giving one of their reporters a short tour. At one point, you see a few desks, facing a wall with a number of 42" monitors. Before a short segue into the conference room where Musk says he has had to sleep when he was at the factory late, they look at the wall of monitors. The reporter says "so these are the cars being made now?" and Musk says, "yes."

So the answer to "when are they building a run of LR RWD's" is on those monitors. There are probably like ten managers who actually look at them. There is no way those ten managers are fielding thousands of calls from sales people all wondering "what's up?"

In theory, someone who actually works at the part of the factory involved in delivering the battery packs and observing the insertion of the battery pack into the M3 car body can also say "yep, I saw a run of LR RWD's today."

But other than that its all conjecture. Other than we no for sure the company can ill afford to lose any orders at this point, which is not conjecture.

And this does not even take into account getting the cars from Fremont to wherever. But one't things for sure, inventory is zero at this point, they are all being built.
So what you're saying is we just need someone to view these monitors? Information heist anyone?

I just called my local store in Chicago and they told me to just sit tight and wait for the automated text about the VIN assigned and then it will be about 5-7 days after that for delivery typically.

He said he has no reason to be worried that it won't be delivered by June 30th and they gave not been informed by HQ that they need to be concerned about it.

I just called my local store in Chicago and they told me to just sit tight and wait for the automated text about the VIN assigned and then it will be about 5-7 days after that for delivery typically.

He said he has no reason to be worried that it won't be delivered by June 30th and they gave not been informed by HQ that they need to be concerned about it.
Same message I got this morning. He almost wanted to say it was guaranteed lol.

He's like we're getting all cars out by end of June.

Yep.. that's MUST! LOL.. don't want anyone to keep pulling the emergency release.

I disagree, owning a Model 3 for almost a year, unless you ride with strangers daily, this is not a MUST. Once in a while when you give someone a ride for the first time, they will be asking stuff about the car and you can speak about the door button just as you explain everything else. If you forget, they will ask "how do I open the door", and worst case if they use the emergency release, is not as bad anymore as Tesla already pushed a fix so the emergency release also lowers the window to avoid damage.

I disagree, owning a Model 3 for almost a year, unless you ride with strangers daily, this is not a MUST. Once in a while when you give someone a ride for the first time, they will be asking stuff about the car and you can speak about the door button just as you explain everything else. If you forget, they will ask "how do I open the door", and worst case if they use the emergency release, is not as bad anymore as Tesla already pushed a fix so the emergency release also lowers the window to avoid damage.

See!! that's why we need real Tesla owners for feedback. i am just going by Youtube, for right now my model 3 is vaporware..

Thanks for clarifying.

See!! that's why we need real Tesla owners for feedback. i am just going by Youtube, for right now my model 3 is vaporware..

Thanks for clarifying.

Sure! on that same topic, I also don't find the front/rear shades a MUST. The glass roof has great protection already, plus if you do tinting on the back (most of you will) it will definitely be overkill. Only during the worst summer days I felt the need for the front shade during really long drives, and I live in south florida! Really doubt you guys need that up north.

On the other hand, the USB hub and wheel cap kit are really a must, as well as the all-weather mats for those that need it.

Sure! on that same topic, I also don't find the front/rear shades a MUST. The glass roof has great protection already, plus if you do tinting on the back (most of you will) it will definitely be overkill. Only during the worst summer days I felt the need for the front shade during really long drives, and I live in south florida! Really doubt you guys need that up north.

On the other hand, the USB hub and wheel cap kit are really a must, as well as the all-weather mats for those that need it.
Yeah I saw that a lot of people recommended the stickers, but I wanted to try to keep the car as minimal as possible, and felt if I had any new passengers I'll first lead with open the door with the button, then it's over with. And I originally planned to get a sunshade, but with the auto-cooling and fact I'll be parked mostly in garage or parking structure, I opted out of that as well.

What do you mean by USB hub? Like a splitter? Is this so you can have 2 charging cables and sentry mode going all at the same time? Any recommendations?