Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR RWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And the punchline:

wLqmy1d.jpg

wLqmy1d

and just heard from my delivery advisor. he said that since i have not received my VIN it doesnt look positive i will receive the car before the end of the month.
I am not happy about this news from jvmoore and I don't even know him.

All I can say is that once you get a VIN they can tell exactly where the car is via its GPS. It is also clear that VINs pop up 24/7 and in the middle of the night.

With ten days left in the month I would imagine its still possible. Plus, I can imagine them getting very creative in the next ten days to give people cars. There is all sorts of stuff they could do, up to and including selling a car they actually have and having you return it for your car a week later (since under that scenario you purchased car #1 before July 1 I can see taking the deduction, for example).

People have already mentioned simply figuring out a way to take $1875 off somewhere too.

I am not happy about this news from jvmoore and I don't even know him.

All I can say is that once you get a VIN they can tell exactly where the car is via its GPS. It is also clear that VINs pop up 24/7 and in the middle of the night.

With ten days left in the month I would imagine its still possible. Plus, I can imagine them getting very creative in the next ten days to give people cars. There is all sorts of stuff they could do, up to and including selling a car they actually have and having you return it for your car a week later (since under that scenario you purchased car #1 before July 1 I can see taking the deduction, for example).

People have already mentioned simply figuring out a way to take $1875 off somewhere too.

advisor sent over one to transfer, but the only thing it has i want is white interior. part of me feels like compromising, but then another part is feeling is it worth compromising a car i plan to keep for years?

advisor sent over one to transfer, but the only thing it has i want is white interior. part of me feels like compromising, but then another part is feeling is it worth compromising a car i plan to keep for years?

Perhaps your advisor is just ineffective? There are over 600 Model 3’s in inventory in the US. There were 45 LR RWD Model 3’s in Southern California alone yesterday. How hard is he working to find you a close enough match to make you happy?

• Love
Reactions: 3Sweet
interesting situation happened to me earlier today so I'll give you the brief story. Used the inventory checker and found a LR RW White with white seats and 19 in wheels in Colorado so I reserved it back on like tuesday. Talked to the delivery advisior a bunch of times over the phone down at the dealership and they even said it was on a truck coming to Rockville two days ago. Well today they called and said it was gonna be a 1000 dollar delivery fee since it was over 500 miles out (might be common knowledge here but I did not know and it did not say online). Well that was disappointing but then he called right back and said the regional manager waived the transport fee and would get it here by the deadline so that was some roller coaster emotions right there.

and just heard from my delivery advisor. he said that since i have not received my VIN it doesnt look positive i will receive the car before the end of the month.

Man, really sorry to hear that. I've been checking in to this thread to see if you'd get a VIN. I might start asking if they'll cut a couple of thousand off an AWD they can deliver in June. Then at least the hire tax credit would cover the remaining delta between RWD and AWD.

Let us know how it works out.

They may come up with something in the next few days... Why compromise on a vehicle that you are paying ~50K and plan on keeping for many years? I would think, Tesla would make the price adjustment to account for the lower tax credit if delivered in July. I ordered white interior and changed it later since wife was not in favor.

For those still waiting for their VIN, I can imagine what you're going through. I hope it works out soon! I also keep checking this thread to see how you are doing, hoping to hear you've got a VIN. My thoughts are that the car is something you will live with for a long time, and it would make sense to me to avoid compromising if you can. Good luck!

Hey everyone. This is a quick report on my delivery Friday 6/21 in Nashville. I don't see how it could have gone better! Everyone was courteous and friendly and very efficient. Trade-in took maybe 7 minutes. We then went outside and I looked over every exterior detail I could think of and being outside I could see very well. Flawless is the word that comes to mind. Fit and finish were superb! Interior was the same. We then spent about 25-30 minutes in the car getting connected and going over all of the major items and getting my questions answered.

Hardware 3.0 was installed but not home link. Since I ordered 5/24 I beat the change announcement. Thanks to this board, I had a copy of my MVPA handy with the Agreement to Purchase paragraph highlighted. After showing the Deliver mManager that, he took my request up the chain of command and within about 15 min he came and relayed that it would be part of the due bill at Tesla expense. Once installed, I will be even more happier than I am tonight.

I am so grateful to God for displaying his grace by providing all of you to help me through the ordeal of buying a Tesla. I feel blessed in so many ways.

Let's enjoying these wonderful cars and bless others as God as blessed us in giving us the desire and the means to purchase such fine machinery. Drive safely Everyone!

Perhaps your advisor is just ineffective? There are over 600 Model 3’s in inventory in the US. There were 45 LR RWD Model 3’s in Southern California alone yesterday. How hard is he working to find you a close enough match to make you happy?

4X used 2017 LR RWD popped up in SoCal. Srsly? 19k mi with FSD fleet vehicles for $47.5 to 50.5k and it's 2 years old. For that price might as well buy a LR AWD which are also available inventory at $51.4. With incentives they cost the same... Just no FSD.

https://www.tesla.com/inventory/used/m3?arrangeby=plh&zip=90210&range=0

Use
Screenshot_20190622-003144__01.jpg

Congrats everyone who got delivery!! I also got my car yesterday, the car itself is perfect but missing Homelink as expected. But not even with Purchase Agreement in hand the delivery manager was willing to add to due bill, asked to escalate, she did and was told she was not authorized to. The only option sha gave me was to refuse delivery, and then I would run the risk of not having a car at all.

Deliver manager was very friendly and I could tell she was really trying but was told that could not be done. She said if I had an example of someone getting it added to due bill that she could use that example to push back and get it for me. So is there anyone in the forum willing to privately share with me name and delivery details so I can share with my delivery manager on Monday? Thanks so much!