Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR RWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still holding out hope for you brother!

I feel like I'm back in your shoes...... Took delivery of my car on 6/18..... had an issue at a supercharger on 6/24 where my GPS would not update and rear camera went black. Took it to the local SC on 6/30 and they still have it........ :mad: Supposed to get it back before the weekend but we will see......

My camera has gone black a few times while selecting reverse and when it was very hot outside (100 °F). However if you switch back into park the camera works, so I would think it's not a hardware issue, buy merely a software glitch.

See my pic... You can see the reverse lines.

IMG_20190714_181759.jpg

My 2013 Accord camera blacks out when it gets too hot.

My camera has gone black a few times while selecting reverse and when it was very hot outside (100 °F). However if you switch back into park the camera works, so I would think it's not a hardware issue, buy merely a software glitch.

See my pic... You can see the reverse lines.

View attachment 431115

My 2013 Accord camera blacks out when it gets too hot.

Unfortunately, it's a hardware issue. I've tried both reset methods plus each time the car would try to update the software, it would fail......

Still holding out hope for you brother!

I feel like I'm back in your shoes...... Took delivery of my car on 6/18..... had an issue at a supercharger on 6/24 where my GPS would not update and rear camera went black. Took it to the local SC on 6/30 and they still have it........ :mad: Supposed to get it back before the weekend but we will see......

oh man that sucks. hopefully the SC will get it back to you quickly with the issue resolved.

Reactions: lax1mxb
@jvmoore1 Was thinking about you with the latest price drop and how now I would not have minded not getting my car so I could opt for a 50k performance especially since I ordered white anyway. In the meantime, got sideswiped in day 10 of owning my rwd and dealing with insurance and waiting for parts to arrive at the body shop :’D

I’m not sure why anyone who wants a LR RWD isn’t gobbling up the cars on the used page. I’ll see them for as little as $38,500.

When my paperwork comes thru I’ll be deciding between that or a used AWD for ~45,000.

The tax credits aren’t going to get you down to these prices even if you qualify for 100% return.

I’m not sure why anyone who wants a LR RWD isn’t gobbling up the cars on the used page. I’ll see them for as little as $38,500.

When my paperwork comes thru I’ll be deciding between that or a used AWD for ~45,000.

The tax credits aren’t going to get you down to these prices even if you qualify for 100% return.

Some states might also have a state credit. I would miss out on ~$4300 or so of credit if I bought used. Also some might want newer VINs that might have had less problems that had to be fixed, etc.

@jvmoore1 Was thinking about you with the latest price drop and how now I would not have minded not getting my car so I could opt for a 50k performance especially since I ordered white anyway. In the meantime, got sideswiped in day 10 of owning my rwd and dealing with insurance and waiting for parts to arrive at the body shop :’D
it has been a roller coaster ride for the past couple of days. i am a little pissed, but i am hoping that something good happens soon.

In Southern California, for me it would be

$1,875 Federal
$2,500 California (assuming they replenish funds, which is likely)
$1,000 Edison

So a total of $5,375 in rebates and credits that have to be factored in on a new car versus lower pricing on a used car.

Agreed. Though we don't get quite as much with PG&E up here in the Bay Area.

Things people need to remember is getting that discount now vs having to float that tax credit $ now until you get your return next year AND do you qualify for the entire credit based on your tax return.

May not be the best scenario for everyone, but it's definitely worth consideration, especially now that the RWD is off the table as a new car.

Do they have this in inventory or do you have to wait again??
It was an inventory car. My OA emailed three to me yesterday.

AWD performance?! Did you order that or did they bump you from LR RWD to AWD performance at no charge?!

no it wasn't a bump. in fact they are only giving me half the discount they originally stated. Said the discount was based on me taking delivery before the end of June.
OA wasn't happy about it, but seems out of her control.

i am still waiting on a VIN and the discount to show up in my account.
I was hoping I would get to pick it up this weekend, but it doesn't look like that will be happening

part of me is still trying to keep my expectations low and waiting for another curve or bump to appear.

Reactions: lax1mxb
Nope...it's just time to move threads now ;)

Congrats, after all this time maybe the constant delays happened for a reason. I know I would have jumped all over a performance model for basically the same cost as my LR RWD...

It was $4,000 more up through June 30. Now it’s $2,000 more but with an $1,875 lower federal tax credit. So it’s almost exactly the same spread in price.