Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P- . What is it, how to order it, etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Currently there are three M3P- at the Owings Mills, Maryland location. Ask for my referral code if you buy one ;-)

Two white M3P- (one even had 19s!) and one red.

dln8xy.jpg

So I was waiting on a LR RWD but figured that order was never going to be fulfilled and started seeing this P3D- and decided to look into it and ask my sales rep about. Went and talked to him today about it and even took me to the satellite lot with quite a few Teslas to check it out. Looked amazing other than being a little dirty and decided to pull the trigger. Pick up this Friday and am very excited! Checked to see about the dual motor badge and it had the red line under it.

Reactions: Phlier
So I was waiting on a LR RWD but figured that order was never going to be fulfilled and started seeing this P3D- and decided to look into it and ask my sales rep about. Went and talked to him today about it and even took me to the satellite lot with quite a few Teslas to check it out. Looked amazing other than being a little dirty and decided to pull the trigger. Pick up this Friday and am very excited! Checked to see about the dual motor badge and it had the red line under it.

Awesome! You'll love it. If you get a chance or interested, reach around in front of the left rear tire, reach behind and above the body panel, with your phone flash and take a picture of your new baby's drive unit. ;)

Then post which motor version, build date, vehicle type, and approximate VIN, in this thread:

Model 3 Motors on the Tesla Parts Catalog

There are some sample pictures you can check out in this thread to see what you're looking for.

Anyone else here (new AWD owners too) who hasn't already done so...would also appreciate it. We really just need a sampling of vehicles. Not every one.

Awesome! You'll love it. If you get a chance or interested, reach around in front of the left rear tire, reach behind and above the body panel, with your phone flash and take a picture of your new baby's drive unit. ;)

Then post which motor version, build date, vehicle type, and approximate VIN, in this thread:

Model 3 Motors on the Tesla Parts Catalog

There are some sample pictures you can check out in this thread to see what you're looking for.

Anyone else here (new AWD owners too) who hasn't already done so...would also appreciate it. We really just need a sampling of vehicles. Not every one.

Yeah I will definitely do that, plan to spend a lot of time with it this weekend. Weather is looking good and will be driving a lot! Actually driving down to Key West on August 8th, should be a fun road trip and hopefully a good experience. About 2400 miles round trip, crossing my fingers that I don't run into any issues.

Just picked up my P3D- but I don't have any of the performance stuff like sport mode or track mode. And there is no red underline when pressing the Tesla logo. Hoping for a overnight update like others had happen. Called the center I purchased it at and they said I won't get any of those options because it doesn't have the performance package just the motors, but I know thats not correct. If I don't automatically get the over the air update who would be best to contact to have it fixed?

Just picked up my P3D- but I don't have any of the performance stuff like sport mode or track mode. And there is no red underline when pressing the Tesla logo. Hoping for a overnight update like others had happen. Called the center I purchased it at and they said I won't get any of those options because it doesn't have the performance package just the motors, but I know thats not correct. If I don't automatically get the over the air update who would be best to contact to have it fixed?

Whoever told you that was mistaken or mis-understood you. You should definitely atleast see the "Sport" acceleration option and you should see the red underline under Dual Motor as well and also in your phone app. If you don't then they didn't load the Performance software on your car and you're stuck with the LR AWD acceleration levels. I would suggest either reaching out to your Sales Advisor and explain the situation or talk to the service center again and ask for the manager if they give you the same answer. You definitely wanna ruffle some feathers if they try to argue with you about it.

x49d0fs8qup11.jpg

Reactions: VikH and EVGo99
Whoever told you that was mistaken or mis-understood you. You should definitely atleast see the "Sport" acceleration option and you should see the red underline under Dual Motor as well and also in your phone app. If you don't then they didn't load the Performance software on your car and you're stuck with the LR AWD acceleration levels. I would suggest either reaching out to your Sales Advisor and explain the situation or talk to the service center again and ask for the manager if they give you the same answer. You definitely wanna ruffle some feathers if they try to argue with you about it.

View attachment 433845
I'll probably have to call a different service center. I pushed the issue and got absolutely no where with them. I even spoke to the sales advisor and he kept telling me that this model gets the fast acceleration just in standard mode lol. Does anyone know a good service center I could call that would understand what I'm wanting? I'd hate to return the car over this.

I'll probably have to call a different service center. I pushed the issue and got absolutely no where with them. I even spoke to the sales advisor and he kept telling me that this model gets the fast acceleration just in standard mode lol. Does anyone know a good service center I could call that would understand what I'm wanting? I'd hate to return the car over this.

Do you have good wifi reception in your garage? I’m sure you’ll wake up to an updated car.

Reactions: EVGo99

You will definitely get OTA update for P software overnight or tomorrow. Apparently these VIN’s are shown as P in their system before and after sales and so SC sells them based on P config. Little do SC staff know software trick to it. Some do, but most wouldn’t .

Currently there are three M3P- at the Owings Mills, Maryland location. Ask for my referral code if you buy one ;-)

Two white M3P- (one even had 19s!) and one red.

dln8xy.jpg

The Tesla in Indianapolis had quite a few m3p- in pretty much all the colors sitting on their service center lot today. They must have had at least 10. They had one in red with 19"s too. When we got back to the store, the sales person showed me the listing for the red with 19"s on her computer and it was $53,XXX. I didn't look at too closely at it because we were already going to go with a Pearl White m3p- with 18"s .

Yes, like others said it might be a day or two before the P software update arrives. Not sure why they're doing it like this to people but that could be the case. Another option is to call the Vegas hotline: 1 (888) 518-3752 and explain you ordered Performance but did not receive it.

How does the acceleration feel to 60? Like low 3 seconds or closer to 4 to 4.5?.