Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It almost sounds like someone could have phat fingered the rollback to 10.2 and instead pushed all beta testers to public release by accident; and are just noticing they did that, "ruh oh, guys fix that now..." could be what is going on here. If so and you install the public 36.5.1, and that is unexpected, the system is likely going to put you back at square one in the queue, not in the beta etc. Because they surely didn't plan for such a scenario.

This just confirms my earlier post. Mission Accomplished! At this point, the way Tesla will carefully proceed through an exquisitely planned software rollout in an orderly fashion is very predictable several hours in advance.

On the plus side, it’s generally a lot nicer to not have FSD Beta, though there are a couple of small benefits around proceeding through traffic lights.

Reactions: Phlier
did they withdraw 10.3? I just woke up to a notification that an update was available but even after restarting and reinstalling the Tesla app the update is no longer available anymore!
I did the update but got another one around 2pm that said downloading. Not sure of the number but it looked like a lower release. That seems to have disappeared.

Last edited:
OK, I just confirmed that the AP not available bug affects your car whether or not you have Beta enabled. Just having Beta 10.3 installed activates the bug. I kept Beta disabled and started a drive this morning. Normal AP worked fine. I put the car in park and then started another drive. Still had Beta disabled. AP disengaged within 10 seconds. So, not enabling Beta is pointless as far as keeping the bug from happening. After the car wakes up from a sleep, you get one drive before AP is disabled. Once you put the car in park, the car has to go to sleep to get AP back. Resets and Power Offs do nothing, the car has to sleep. As pointed out above, disable everything that keep the car awake: Sentry, Summon Standby, and Cabin Overheat Protection. I don't know yet how long the car takes to go to sleep.
Wow, this 10.3 must be making the car work so hard that it's getting really tired, and needs to take a nap between drives :)

I've had this happen to me at the start of multiple drives... (not on beta.. still on 2021.32.22) but maybe its related to the same issue?

Only after a letting the car sit/charge for a while will it come back... Link to the thread with other people seeing the same issue...
Two different issues.

I'm not talking about FSD going offline and not coming back... I'm talking about spurious FCW's that popped up in 10.2 that got worse in 10.3... at least, for the short amount of time that 10.3 was available.

What a dumpster fire.

Bright side I didn’t roll back then it disappeared. Probably more updates coming. Who knows the entire logistics with the new 99s how this will continue to unfold. Oh well, it did pretty well for the most part and love the customized FSD aggressive feature.

And thanks to one poster who resolved the inability to engage AP.

Now if Tesla can figure out why my telescoping steering wheel stopped working that would be great it rammed all the way forward after the update. Thanks Elon!

Last edited:
Reactions: BM3B
That is NOT the dumpster fire. It is the confusion (no one really knows what they should or will have), lack of communication, haphazard and wrong and spotty replacement software and now we are waiting for the correct (????) download of 32.25. Seems it may have started for some.
What do you mean seems may have started for some? I'm still stuck on 36.5.2, no 36.5.1 or any other available

What do you mean seems may have started for some? I'm still stuck on 36.5.2, no 36.5.1 or any other available
Screen Shot 2021-10-24 at 5.37.08 PM.png

• Informative
Reactions: Phlier
Did you check the FCW sensitivity? I noticed that installing 10.3 changed my sensitivity to "Early" for warnings.
Yup, it was still set to "late."

To me it appeared that it was just a logic fault.. it wasn't taking into consideration (not adequately, at least) the gentle curve in the road and was thinking the planned route would take us through the car in the other (right turn) lane.

I'd also get other FCW's at random places, but none of them were consistently repeatable like this intersection was.

But now after watching several 10.3 videos, it appears that the FCW bug being seen in 10.3 was simply a worse version of it that was introduced in 10.2.

Reactions: jebinc