Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And now the Tesla “hiding out in the open” play is in play; Tesla pulled my safety score as if I never received the button update and played the safety score BS game for the past two plus weeks. If you are in a similar position (a left out refreshed MS owner), raise cane in all social media venues that you can. Only then might behaviors change. @MarcG @Venom @boonedocks @omarsultan
I am in the same boat. Our safety score disappeared first on the Plaid then on the 2020 model X L R. We occasionally we hit the magical 100 % but only when we were lucky and did not have to stop for yellow lights. My wife drives the X she had a score or 97. I drive the Plaid and had a score of 96. We have a LOT of traffic lights in the NYC met area. Perhaps it did not help when I noted on this site that you can't stop with a 3 second yellow which is standard here at either 25 or 30 mph assuming a 3/4 second reaction without exceeding the 0.3 g margin by 167-200%. The other option is to risk running a red. No scoring penalty for that tactic. I personally stopped for the yellows and took the hit on my score making me LESS SAFE ....LOL
I am glad that some people are getting the beta release. I suspect the FSD will benefit from wider exposure.
Perhaps it is better to wait and let others take the risks with the public, their cars,themselves and net worth ?
One more question if you don't like the beta can you turn if off and revert to what you had as far as FSD/ opt out of beta ?

Okay, I just checked again and now my safety score page is gone also from my app?? What is going on?! Any speculation on this? I have beta and I saw my scores until a few hours ago. Now the app doesn't even show a score page! What about those without beta? Did yours go away also?

What?? No way. I still see it in my app?? How did yours disappear? Did you have an app update?
I shut down app, reopened and its gone, did it a few times to see if it would come back, Its gone on mine, seems for good. Im okay with it as i dont want to look anymore. I received the FSD beta this morning so Im okay with not seeing it anymore.

And now the Tesla “hiding out in the open” play is in play; Tesla pulled my safety score as if I never received the button update and played the safety score BS game for the past two plus weeks. If you are in a similar position (a left out refreshed MS owner), raise cane in all social media venues that you can. Only then might behaviors change. @MarcG @Venom @boonedocks @omarsultan
Why don’t you just get a used model 3 with fsd if you want to test the beta that bad? Actually, I will let you borrow my model y and I will borrow your plaid!? #driveitlikeyoustoleit

My prediction is that there will be a clarifying tweet from Tesla's "PR department" this evening or tomorrow providing the schedule for the yoke release (which I would expect in the next few days).
They are figuring out how to resolve this.

My guess - Musk didn't know refreshed S won't get it. He doesn't want to comment until they figure out a way forward - he probably asked when they can be added and waiting for a timeline from the team.

After using Beta for the day for about 50 miles, I’m liking it more and more as I use it. It’s actually counterintuitively more comfortable when it’s driving in traffic because it doesn’t go crazy on the acceleration out of turns when it’s following a car. Still have to be alert to abort some weird lane change decisions it makes, but nothing so far that would have made me hit someone. I’ve started opening up the rear camera on every right turn to glance at my wheel position relative to the curb, but I may become comfortable enough to stop doing that down the line.

Why don’t you just get a used model 3 with fsd if you want to test the beta that bad? Actually, I will let you borrow my model y and I will borrow your plaid!? #driveitlikeyoustoleit
@qdeathstar Ahhhhh…. I traded my perfect M3+ (boosted) FSD car for this bastardized Plaid with crazy acceleration!

Okay, I just checked again and now my safety score page is gone also from my app?? What is going on?! Any speculation on this? I have beta and I saw my scores until a few hours ago. Now the app doesn't even show a score page! What about those without beta? Did yours go away also?
My Safety Score has also ben removed from the iOS Tesla App. I wanted to check my safety score after my drive back home using FSD Beta. It was there earlier when I drove to work this morning. Something must of changed server side to remove the score from drivers who now have the FSD Beta.

Reactions: impastu
My Safety Score has also ben removed from the iOS Tesla App. I wanted to check my safety score after my drive back home using FSD Beta. It was there earlier when I drove to work this morning. Something must of changed server side to remove the score from drivers who now have the FSD Beta.
No safety score and no beta, so that hypothesis is out the window.

Must of. But Tesla Raj has had beta for a while and he had Safety score added earlier today. Maybe this change just happened? Maybe they were seeing FSD folks not enabling FSD due to being afraid of bad scores? And turn them off? Lets keep a eye on it and see if its a bug or something

Reactions: impastu