Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Depends on how quickly they can release to yokers. If they can get it out with 10.3 - I think few will remember this in 6 months. If it drags on - then, yes.

I've been in such situations where a small % of users somehow would get overlooked and cause a lot of headache. With the pace of work mistakes are unavoidable. In such situation - best to acknowledge the error and if they don't know when they can get that taken care of, just state it (give a date for a date).
@EVNow I suppose history will tell all, whenever that history becomes history.

Reactions: Phlier
eah, I know... Elon is a busy man.
Also the richest.

Its kind of funny to think about the richest man keeping track of releases and who got missed out and why - apart from driving a car that can make a mistake at any moment and crash.

Mr. Musk’s estimated net worth was $222 billion as of Friday. It has more than doubled over the past year, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index. Mr. Bezos has an estimated net worth of $191 billion.

Likely already asked and answered, but has anyone on Android received FSD? I "sideloaded" the app on Google Pixel using APKMirror, have 99 score, no FSD yet. Waiting to see how next wave goes, and how long I have to drive like the roads are made of eggshells.

Yes, Android here and the sideloaded app + 100 score at the time of the counting. It dipped to 97 just after midnight last Friday, so I think I came extremely close to missing it.

@rjs1 @Phlier Thanks for the support! 🥰 My Plaid is also sitting in the garage with it's 1200 mile 100 safety score - none of those miles were at all enjoyable; in fact, very frustrating miles. I now just drive the MYP, with yoke, until this all sorts itself out.

View attachment 721455
thanks for this picture. I was looking at that exact wheel not an hour before you posted, and you've sold me on it. I'm not really a yoke believer yet, but I do want a cybertruck, so I'm gonna have to get used to it sooner or later.

Reactions: Phlier and Ramphex
It will be interesting to see what they do - the reaction to fsd beta by those who got 10.2 has at best been mixed.
I feel like that’s expected with an Early Release / Beta. It’s almost like it’s in its own meaning. If it was perfect and received all positive reviews, it would not really be a beta? I don’t know. Just thinking out loud.
Yes and Elon wasn't involved so we can't blame him
We can ALWAYS blame Elon 😅

thanks for this picture. I was looking at that exact wheel not an hour before you posted, and you've sold me on it. I'm not really a yoke believer yet, but I do want a cybertruck, so I'm gonna have to get used to it sooner or later.

@agordon117 Here’s a review I did on the yoke. Links to other good info also contained within.

Reactions: Nakk and Phlier
Yeah, I know... Elon is a busy man. He should hire someone who's job description is "Elon damage control and mitigation."

Any takers?

You couldn't pay me enough.

This guy will do it, pretty sure.

1634238052942.jpeg

Alright... I'm off again on another FSD Adventure.

The Wife is actually going to join me on this one, and has volunteered to attempt to capture on video the Spinning Wheel of Death.

No audio will be recorded, as I want to keep it G rated.

hey, none of those back seat shenanigans. Pretty sure FSD is not ready for that.

Yeah, I know... Elon is a busy man. He should hire someone who's job description is "Elon damage control and mitigation."

Any takers?

You couldn't pay me enough.
That's called a "PR Department," and he's arrogant enough to believe Tesla doesn't need one, only him. We are witnessing firsthand why one turns out to be more important than he thinks.

Took a drive to the office which unfortunately is full of lots of construction...
  • FSD seems pretty good at making lane changes opportunistically, taking advantage of gaps in traffic, much better than highway NOA
  • Again, centering itself for right/left turns at stop signs is bad
  • Handled a traffic light intersection with a steeply angled cross-street pretty well, even though both sets of lights are visible it waited for the correct green
  • It doesn't move over early when a lane is clearly closed for construction (i.e. giant flashing arrow truck is blocking it), it may have merged eventually but I took over
  • It abruptly dived away from a median and then re-centered itself, freaked me out! (really bad)
  • It tried to take a fork that says "construction vehicles only", obviously it's illiterate but hey it's the real world
  • It was really hesitant to enter the center turn lane for a left turn, and ended up making the turn while straddling both lanes (bad)

That's called a "PR Department," and he's arrogant enough to believe Tesla doesn't need one, only him. We are witnessing firsthand why one turns out to be more important than he thinks.
They definitely figured that out in China.

ps : Tesla used to have one. He fired the entire department when they couldn't influence any media that was always negative about Tesla. They don't need a PR department - what I'd like to see is Tesla to appoint a Customer Advocate.